Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prey XBOX360 freezing???
Motorhead

• Total Posts : 1
Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 11:59
Hi friends. it is time to help a friend from Brazil!!!
I´ve purchased an X360 (premium version), and i´ve tested 04 games with it (PD-ZERO, PGR3 and Moto GP06). All the three ones, works perfectly. But...with the recently Prey...i´ve have a freezing problem. And the most interesting part (to not say, the most angry part) is that the game freezes in the same moment of the game (loading screen, of the second stage of the game). To make this whole problem more sad...i´ve downloaded the demo...and the problem occured again, in the same moment. Did someone already had the same problem? Knows something about it? Did my X360 could be defective? thanks in advance for your attention!
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 12:14
lol Pwnd you just got to love that one

But really my man at least you dont have the red lights just take it back to the store and swap it out i dident have that problem i had those red lights so you in a better place than i was ill take it back.

But really if i had made this post being that i am a sony all the way i would have 6 or 7 dumb replys saying dumb ass crap but hey hey its all good man just take it back asap thats what i did
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 13:12
Your 360 is probably deffective, it starts with one game and progresses to become more severe. Before you know it your 360 won' t work at all.

I would call MS and they will repair it (replace it with a bran new one if your' re canadian). Before you do that, make sure your clock is showing the correct time, and try taking off the HDD for 30 minutes and try Pray again with it back on.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 17:50
Before you do anything try clearing the cache.

Go to the system blade and then select memory. Press Y on the HDD symbol and then press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: ' Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?' Select' Yes' to clear the cache.

Note that doing this will remove all software updates too so they' ll automatically be downloaded next time you connect to Xbox Live.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 18:16
oh dear, as Majik says clear the cache if that fails get in contact with ms!

Before the first patch for COD came out it was freezing on loading a couple times and never again. Sounds like you have a more interesting issue!

just remember, at least you dont have all the issues of patching games to make them compatible with certain types of hardware for each game! Dam u UXGA screen!
< Message edited by musashi -- 1 Aug 06 10:20:54 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 18:25
Andy, check your messages.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 01, 2006 21:58
Games have gotten to complex, I remember back in the good gold days, if the game crashed on ya, you take out the disc, wipe it with a cloth or something, but it back in, and play, and the problem is gone.

I dont know about these Shader Pixel 3' s and your Interents.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 02, 2006 00:26
Sounds like clearing cache should do it - if it' s a hardware flaw it wouldn' t happen in the same place all the time.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 02, 2006 00:48
Dead or Alive is the only game of mine that stutters, but that' s because it is a dirty
copy (not literally, but tainted).

Everything else runs fine... I see 99 Nights has that Dreamcast syndrome
where, when a cut-scene is about to load, the in-game experience stutters, so you
know what is about to come, it happens rarely though.

The DC was like a second sight, you could always tell when a battle was coming
in Skies of Arcadia, because the DC would make a noise, and if you stopped,
you could avoid unnecessary confrontations... Just me? Oh well...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Prey XBOX360 freezing??? - Aug 02, 2006 08:42
You do realise I have to kill you now?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages