Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 18:47
When Fable comes out next month, I plan to play through as a righteous character.

However, when the goody-goody-two-shoes play-through has been completed, I plan to re-start the game as the most vile character known...killing, pillaging, and burning. Those who do not swear allegiance to me will die, and those who accel in service to me will become my loyal subjects.

After that play-through, I will see about becoming a farmer or a merchant or something quite tame.

What about you? How will you play through Fable?
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/18/2004 11:25:30 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 19:03
I question whether I' ll play through Fable at all...
DaRoosh65

RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 19:09
Are you not into RPG' s?

Everyone has their own preferences...
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 19:34
I' m probably the biggest RPG fan in here, although I think RavenShadow is right up there with me.

Fable has a whole lot of hype, some good previews, and all that. But it' s also made lots of promises. I' m just a touch bitter that " Project Ego" took well over 3 years to come into existence, especially when Molyneux never seemed to shut his yap about it.

I have high hopes for Fable, just like most people. But I also understand that what they' re trying to do here is insanely ambitious...perhaps too ambitious. I' ll wait on some reviews and other feedback from people I trust before I invest my $50. Instant purchases on release day for me are reserved for games that I' m 99.9% sure I' ll enjoy thoroughly.
Zotty

• Total Posts : 41
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 19:50
Like said in other topics I think/hope that Fable will live up the hype. I got it on Pre-order since either way even if it doesnt live up the hype I think I will still enjoy it much :)

The first time I play fable I will try to be a good fellow and I want to help everyone as much as I can. After that the evil one offcourse :) I think it will also be quite interesting to play some sort of bandit/thief or neutral person. I wonder what NPC' s will do if I dont do anything like gestures en speaking to them, will they see me as a silent person and wonder who I am? I will test that to
DaRoosh65

RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 19:54
It would be nice if Fable was already out (as was expected), and we could hear only the post-release facts. I am a little tired of the hype, too!

Look at Halo 2...the hype for this game is incredible! However, we already have the original Halo to view as being awesome.

So, I guess I am saying that I see your point.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 22:20
I think it' s going to have the same novelty factor the first GTA had. Just effecting the game will keep me busy for hours. Effecting people in towns, building up a reputation, getting peopel drunk, becoming loved/hated and trying to buy a whole town is going to be great fun... never mind the meat and veg of the gameplay.

But to answer the original question I think I' ll play through good. Or with the intention of being good to start with. I' m hoping though that the game tempts you away from the path of light and leads you into a darker world, handing you opportunity’s to not be evil, but do less than good things for great personal gain.

At some point though, yeah, I want to play as an evil character and be feared.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 17, 2004 22:43
I would probably let my conscience decide what to do during gamepley, like i always do with other similar games. That way, i can play a couple of times not knowing what my character would end up like, and choose to do all sorts of random good/evil stuff. Then finally play all evil/good. Considering the enornimity of the open ended gameply, i dont think this method would affect my enjoyment. Kinda like GTA
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 18, 2004 18:02
Who knows where temptation will lead me? Do I wanna be rich? well of course, sow will I suck every penny out of a town by doing bad deeds or will I earn my money honestly? I just cant decide. Do I wanna be a badass dosnt listen to what anybody has to say or an understanding noblemen? their are som many possibilities. and for Fathoms how dumb is that how can you expect a game like this to take just a year? your not the one that spent long hours trying to make this game and just because it took 3 years you have no hype? mostly all games take that long its just that so many people got emersed into what the game could become that all they did was talk about it, so it is your fault for this lack of ambition to buy this game right away, I my self have preordered this game cause I dont listen to what reviews say, thats someone else' s point of view so how can you expect to judge a game accuratley to your tastes?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 18, 2004 18:44
I plan on having 2 save files, as I did in KOTOR. If Im having a bad day, I play on the " evil" file to release some tension and anger. If Im having a good day I play on the " good" file.

note: I put evil in quotes as evil is entirely an opinionated thought.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 18, 2004 20:21
I definitely will play the game through being the " good guy" and then start it over and be the " bad guy" (I would say " good girl/bad girl" , but they took that option away from me). I believe FABLE will be an awesome game!
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 20, 2004 15:10
i am not into RPG' s, but i WILL buy fable. i gues like almost everyone else, i will start off as being a good guy, and after i done that, i will do things more evil.

i wonder what you can do in the game to follow that thosen path. becouse i never have been playing a single RPG in my life
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 20, 2004 15:23

i wonder what you can do in the game to follow that thosen path

Anything your little heart desires
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 20, 2004 16:23

ORIGINAL: Sharon

Anything your little heart desires

little ? i never thought that i would hear that word but i gues someone at the age of 38 can' t be called little
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 23, 2004 15:13
i think the game is going to rock, but just like Morrowwind you could never play thru that game and then just say" whoa, that was hard, let me do it this way now" . this game is porbley has untold number of ways to be good and bad. if you are going to be anything make sure you commit to it. You dont want to play and miss something good beacuse you got bored being the good guy then be the bad guy. if you are going to do all that you would play this game for ever! I saw the thief in the game, and that looks cool. i wonder (not that i would) if you could kill kids? the makers said you could kill villagers and take there homes and sell them to the highiest bidder and become rich, they failed to say if they are kids. i wonder (MU HA HA HA!!!)
Nikki

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 23, 2004 16:42
Im planning to be play good, but be ruthless about doing it. I' ll always ultimately aim to doing the good thing in the big picture, but if little things get in my way BLAM! they' re going down.

Oh and btw, if you read the Fable FAQ or IGN' s " Greatest Preview of All-Time" for Fable, they both say you can' t kill kids. You can punch them though

Nikki
Clyde

• Total Posts : 11
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 23, 2004 17:51
Generally speaking, what is the release delay for games for Australia in relation to Britain or the US?

I' m not sure I' ll be able to visit Fable topics in forums till it arrives here... trying to avoid all you punks with the game already telling me what you' re doing, and how much fun you' re all having without me.

At least there' ll probably be a guide once it gets here =/
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Playing Fable: To Be Good or Evil? - Aug 24, 2004 00:08
Sorry, but you cant kill kids in the game. It was removed due to " concerns" (e.g. lawsuits)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll