Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 20, 2005 17:08
So I laid down £240 to complete my console set and get a PSP. I came with one game and the plan is to buy more... obviously. Got the thing home and in the evening had some time to set it up. I love that ' new console feeling' of powering the thing up for the first time but to my horror I spied a clearly dead pixal. I knew what it looked like because after nearly a year of loyal service, traveling and a bashing from me, my DS has one. Oh, and there was a bit of a scratch on the silver ' halo' on the back.

WHY? So anyway, it' s the giga pack with extra memory, stand and USB connector. I thought everything would be fine. My question is do you think it' s worth trying to take it back and if I do try would the shop I got it from exchage it for a new one that *isn' t* bloody crap.

I' ve had all of 20 mins with the console but its late and I need sleep. Apart from stated problems it looks very sexy, I just want it ' perfect' , ' ya know?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 20, 2005 17:17
I believe you' ll have a much easier time getting one without a scratched ring in the back than to get one without any dead pixels.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 20, 2005 18:30
Sony promises at least one dead pixel in every PSP. They do not like releasing systems without problems. It is their legacy. Whereas with the DS you have to hunt and fight to get a DS with a dead pixel.

I would take it back (especially when you purchased it for 240 lbs OMG!) That translates into about 2 million American dollars. You can try pressing on the dead pixel with your knuckle while the system is on to see if it will go away. Don' t worry it won' t hurt anything, just don' t press so hard that the screen cracks! You should press it at least hard enough to disturb the LCD and see little " waves" when you remove your knuckle. If that doesn' t turn the pixel back on, wipe off the screen and take it back. After you get a new unit, set the store on fire.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 21 Dec 05 2:31:46 >
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 20, 2005 20:11
I think you should take it back, even for just one pixel. If u have the warranty, who cares, take it back, get a " working" one, break that too just for the fun of it and get another one. LoL If u have a gun, shoot at it ....Seriously tho, u paid all those pounds, go get another one.
whatabout_paul

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 21, 2005 00:06
I' ve got work today and luckily it' s near the game shop I bought my PSP from. I' ll take it for them to have a look at and hopefully they' ll just replace it. I' ve had it on for at the most 20 mins and I' ve actually spotted a few dead pixels about the screen... the single one I noticed at first just being te largest. I used the cloth to try and ' clean' it but no luck and the scratch you can actually feel on the back. Even if I can get one without a scratch I' ll be happy but not totally impressed.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 21 Dec 05 8:07:10 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 21, 2005 09:28
well apart from the dead pixals, what games did you get? and what do you think of the machine?
Terry Bogard

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 21, 2005 10:58

I used the cloth to try and ' clean' it but no luck and the scratch you can actually feel on the back. Even if I can get one without a scratch I' ll be happy but not totally impressed.

Yikes that scratch sounds a little nasty. Makes me wonder if the thing was pre-owned.

Understandably, everyone has different feelings about the dead pixels. I have 2 PSPs, one of them has a single dead pixel, the other has two but they bother me none since they' re not really noticeable or distracting to me at all. I have heard of some nightmare stories of some people having like 20 or more dead pixels, but I suppose if they just think of them as starry backgrounds then it won' t kill em
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Dec 05 18:59:12 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 07:02
hmmn, work out how long you need the psp for over xmas and take it back straight after..

I ahve the same issue with my spanking new 32" samsung lcd tv - apart from the fact its the best quality lcd on the market for the cash when i opened it up it made a " ting" noise like a screw falling through its guts - so i plug it in thinking, ' it' l be allright' and low and behold I blow the cable.. ah well i thought to myself as I work with hardware, I proceeded to lift and tip the screen from left to right until the ting noise stopped and the screw came to rest at the bottom of the unit.. now it all works fine, but is it worth returning on that basis! what happens if i forget about it and it dies in year 2... lol

back to topic, I was lucky with my import psp, no dead pixels, but as for the scratch if it was me I' d prbably take it back saying it was a gift for blah blah etc... and it wasnt in good nick and looked like it had been opened... imagine selling the unit in a years time be it a console / tv etc..etc.. and work out if the damage you have a dilemma about would affect its resale value when you sell it.. if it does, always get it back under warranty!

any chance of a pic of the damage heheh!
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 22 Dec 05 15:03:50 >
whatabout_paul

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 08:13
Ok, so the shop were being asses about it and I' ve cale down. The ' dead pixels' only show up when the screen is black. When colour is on the screen it' s fine, I can' t see any problems. As for the scratch, the shop didn' t think it was bad enough to replace. Basically I' m going to kick their ass or phone Sony and see what they day...

... Despite cosmeic problems though the PSP is fine. I' ve been busy so haven' t had chance to play any games but I' ve just had a geeky hour. I hooked the PSP up to my PC and after soem internet help managed to get some MP4 movies and some music playing. I also put on some pictures which looks ace.

So I have a wireless router and after some more messing managed to get the PSP online! Booted up the Kikizo website!!! Hehehe!

Oh, I got Everybody' s Gold, Metal Gear Acid and GTA. anyone reccomend anything else?
whatabout_paul

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 08:18
Posted with my PSP.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 12:28
Do you get a USB-cable in the Value Pack or is that sold separatly? I know you get it with the Giga Pack.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 15:21
you get it in the value pack too, although it is a tad short imho ;)

@ whatabout_paul if you have anymore encoding questions fire em off an we' ll sort em out.

Wonder how long itl be until there is a usb camera and recording mp4 soft for it availabbbbble! me want!
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 22 Dec 05 23:25:38 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 16:39

ORIGINAL: whatabout_paul

Ok, so the shop were being asses about it and I' ve cale down. The ' dead pixels' only show up when the screen is black. When colour is on the screen it' s fine, I can' t see any problems. As for the scratch, the shop didn' t think it was bad enough to replace. Basically I' m going to kick their ass or phone Sony and see what they day...

How long ago did you get the unit? Most stores give you a 30 day return policy even if you just decided that you simply don' t want the product. I used to work for Circuit City, and if it was in the first thirty days we would let people do whatever the hell they wanted, seeing as how they could just return the product and shop elsewhere. I don' t see how they could refuse! I' d be in there kicking asses, and chewing bubble gum...

and I' m all out of bubble gum!
Joe Redifer

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 22:15
Instead of kicking asses and chewing bubble gum, might I suggest that you instead kick ass and take names?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 22, 2005 22:18

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Instead of kicking asses and chewing bubble gum, might I suggest that you instead kick ass and take names?

Why in the world would I want to take names?
whatabout_paul

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 23, 2005 07:42
Just to check and see if the PSP could really hook up with the 360 I tried and was succesful. You can play music and look at pictures stored on your PSP. No movie playback though but it did give me an idea for some pictures...

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 23, 2005 14:45
Hey I' m not sure if anyone posted it but there' s a MOVIE file that fixes stuck pixels (if it displays some color and doesn' t change it' s a stuck pixel not a dead one - and that' s mostly the case)

You play the file and it may take 1h or a day of playing it but peaople say it works - check the web I don' t have any links but you shuln' t have trouble.

That scratch thing is bad - do you know that Sony flooded Korea with PSP' s returned in other countries? They all had signs of usage.I' d go and had it replaced for that scratch since they don' t replace PSP' s with pixel issues :)
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 23, 2005 15:38
My friend has a PSP with some stuck pixels and sadly that video file couldn' t fix them. We tried running it for as long as possible but it came back with nothing. It may work for some, but not all I guess.
Joe Redifer

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 23, 2005 15:45

Why in the world would I want to take names?

Reggie (Donkey Kong) does it. You should see his huge list of names!
Terry Bogard

RE: PSP = Pretty Shocking Problem - Dec 23, 2005 15:57
Doesn' t Reggie' s list have a copyright attached to it? So if by some chance your list has ANY of the names from his list, he can sue your ass?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message