Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3, not quite ready yet.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 11:46
Take it at face value.

http://theinquirer.net/?article=30931
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 16:35
I don' t think that' s possible - in november revolution will launch and if PS3 won' t come out untill spring 2007 it' s as good as dead.

They will release it - even with bugs, problems and shit.
whiteguysamurai

RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 16:46
They' re cutting it close.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 20:47
You know what I' m REALLY looking forward to? Coming across one of those a**hole LIARS who are no doubt going to claim that they already have a PS3 and that it' s
" awesome" and that they got it early because they have a relative (99.9% of the time it' s an UNCLE) that works for a gaming company.. Gawd, and they do it with a straight face to, lol..

I' ve bumped into these jackoffs alot, it' s like I' m a friggin magnet!!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 13 Apr 06 12:49:03 >
whiteguysamurai

RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 21:12
LOL.
You and i must work in similar places, one of my coworkers claims to have seen a running revolution console.
He makes all sorts of wild claims about what the games can do, and how well the virtual console works already.

One of his wildest yet was his " report" of an emulated dreamcast version of silent scope.

Correct me if i' m wrong, but does the virtual console include the dreamcast?

I don' t think so.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 21:25
What did i say last year?

I said that Sony would have trouble reducing the size on the HUGE dev-kits in time for a Spring launch. Then when it was delayed i said that even though Sony say they' ll launch worldwide with 1 million units for each territory, it wasn' t going to be possible.

One of the biggest problems affecting a worldwide laucnh is the manufacturing costs for the console (which are projected to be significantly higher than 360' s).

Attepmting to push a new, expensive medium into the DVD market, while simultaneously launching a glorified Blu-Ray player is s bad move. It' s a risky move, and it' s not even a move that is certain to be successful.

If we come out of June and the consoles still aren' t ready for mass production then Sony are in trouble.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 22:02
I wouldn' t be surprised if with all the hype surrounding it they announce just before the launch that they' ve switched the blu ray to just a normal dvd or even change in the specs or some crap. Anyhow i' m just waiting to see sony' s moves they seem cornered to me.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 13 Apr 06 14:03:12 >
whiteguysamurai

RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 13, 2006 22:24
That would be a good move for sony, because even if some devs are bellyaching about the size of DVD media.
But it' s 9 freakin gigs!
With the new fidelity of these systems, cramming them with HD video is of no use when you could reproduce it in game engine, and doing it alsmost as well.

Oh well, we will see how sony get' s out of this one.

Sheesh, i' ve been up all night.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 14, 2006 01:04
This is why I like Sony. They make stupid/brave decisions that no other company would make pushing technology forward.
Nintendo makes innovative/brave decisions that no one else would make which truly changes the entire industry.
Microsofts makes boring/safe decisions which works out pretty good but their results are a little to uninteresting to please me.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Apr 06 17:04:45 >
Niitaka

• Total Posts : 13
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 14, 2006 01:09
I really don' t think Sony can afford to make another delay. With the Rev coming out late this year, Sony needs to crank out their machine or else they won' t be competing at all.

So yeah, it' ll probably be a buggy release.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PS3, not quite ready yet. - Apr 14, 2006 01:49

LOL.
You and i must work in similar places, one of my coworkers claims to have seen a running revolution console.

Oh man I wish it was just in the workplace, but most of these past encounters happened with random strangers, most of the time while riding the bus..

I' ll be sitting there reading a game magazine, they' ll want to check it out, so I let em..

They' ll flip through some pages, get to an UNreleased game and claim that they have it. The funny part is that OFTEN times they' ll be pointing to a game that' s either been Cancelled or put so far on the backburner that it won' t see the light of day anytime soon.. But SOMEHOW their UNCLE (it' s always an Uncle!) who works for Capcom of *JAPAN* or Sega of *JAPAN* managed to send them the full-version of a game that was reportedly still at 10-20% complete mark one month earlier.. I never call em out on their BS though, I just do everything in my power to not completely lose it with laughter.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll