Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 E3 Q & A sheet
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 12:21
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6614

For the E3 event, several Sony PR people working the floor were apparently given the following Question and Answer sheet to help handle the throngs of curious consumers and press. The sheet coupled with the E3 press release help to fully flesh out the PlayStation 3' s features and capabilities, though there is one interesting discrepancy; the sheet says the console will support up to 8 controllers, whereas, the press release says 7.

Some highlights from the sheet:

· The PLAYSTATION 3 will will be approximately as quiet as a slim line PS2 model.

· All PLAYSTATION 3 games will be region free and will therefore play on any PLAYSTATION 3 regardless of where it was bought

· PS3 is being positioned as a computer system, and not a computer entertainment system. Like other computer systems, it can be upgraded through the use of readily available industry standard adaptors.

· Like other computer systems, it is possible to upgrade the configuration of the PS3. For both models, it is possible to upgrade the hard disk to any industry standard Serial-ATA 2.5" HDD.

· For those with the 20GB version, owners who wish to utilise Memory Stick/SD Memory Card/Compact Flash slots or Wi-Fi 802.11 connectivity to PSP can make use of widely available USB wireless LAN adaptors and other industry standard adaptors. Note : The only non upgradeable element of the 20GB version is the HDMI slot, which can not be added later.

Click here to read the full sheet.

they are passing the PS3 off as a computer and can be upgraded suposedly. my thought is why are they so against calling it a agame machine? seeing how it' s called a PLAYstation and the main focus is SUPPOSED to be video games. but like i said they are so anxious to have ONE successful format they care more about blu-ray then the games which is going to bite them in the ass.

I want GAMES that is all i and many others care about.

What are your thoughts?
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 12:37
The most obvious reason that was discussed before is Sony' s tax evasion attempts!!

Sony is trying to pass off the PS3 as a Computer system to avoid tariffs in countries for importing their consoles. It' s something that they owe a lot of back taxes on now, and have recently had a court case in England about. Sony and their monetary problems....they get more interesting by the day!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 13:02
yeah it' s funny how they tried to pass off the PS2 as a PC butr the judge said NO it' s not a PC and that made they have to pay the taxes on it which wa s like $80 million or somethign it was on a artcle on the gamepro email i get.

The PS2 is no where near a PC the PS3 sorta can be but not the PS2.

Plus the article on 1up.com saying they did their taxes wrong and now have to pay back $243 MILLION.

Not to mention that loan they took out for $700M (wow how do you ask for a loan of $700 MILLION? i wish i could do that.)

They are in serious hot water financially.

did you read all the Q&A ones on the link? interesting stuff.

it' s funny how they more units they sell the more money they lose seeing how they are taking a big hit off each one. Plus advertising, labor, manufactoring, parts, etc.. that is ALOT of money if the PS3 and blu-ray don' t succeed that are really in trouble.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 13:30
It always cracks me up when sony says their machine is a " computer" i would pay cash to see a ps3 do half of the things i regularly do on my desktop pc.

It' s a game machine, and software is what drives the desktop pc.
Seeing as both windows and os x will never be written for the cell, that leaves linux and bsd, and linux for ps2 was hideous!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 21:05
As quiet as a slimline PS2?!

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 21:15

If the manage that, ill give them an applaus, but its more likely just another sony lie. you cant put state of that art hardware in a small box and cool down silently!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 11, 2006 21:43

Q41. How many launch titles do you expect to have ?
A41. We expect the best launch line-up in history.

really? from what i saw the launch lineup is not all that good. The Wii has a MUCH better line up.

Q7. Are you planning to launch another model which has different HDD or
interface in the future ?
A7. Like PCs, other configuration with the different HDD capacity and I/O can be
considered in the future.

so they are going to have more skus? that is not very smart, i think people who spend $600 and then see a new sku that better suits them will be pissed, hell i would which is why i am waiting hehe.

I already have a PC i don' t need another one all i want is a GAME MACHINE and seeing the PS3 is NOT i guess i don' t need one for a while until the games i must have are out and reseaonbly priced.

Nintendo has said their main and ONLY focus is GAMES and having the games be FUN.
< Message edited by Phoenixxx1974 -- 12 Jul 06 0:19:32 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: PS3 E3 Q & A sheet - Jul 12, 2006 03:30

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Pure, unadulterated, BULLSHIT! Sony is so full of shit, it' s becoming funny.

" best launch line-up in history" . Hahahaha. Oooh. They' re killin' me!

You know, if these two things actually come to fruition, I' ll be happily waiting in line, DAY ONE!

You know, these quotes are almost as good as the one about them launching worldwide in the spring of 2006! Hahaha! Don' t believe the hype, y' all!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll