Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles... - Sep 09, 2004 11:27
SCEA mints five more Greatest Hits

SOCOM II, Jak II, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Rise to Honor, and ATV Offroad Fury 2 will each only cost $19.99.
Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced five new additions to its Greatest Hits series, representing four of the past year' s most popular PlayStation 2 titles.

New copies of Jak II, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs, Rise to Honor, and ATV Offroad Fury 2 will sport the series' red-striped packaging and $19.99 suggested retail price. However, older editions of the game on the shelf may still bear the full price, depending on the retailer.

This brings the PS2' s Greatest Hits lineup to a total of 87 titles. To qualify for the designation, a title must sell more than 400,000 copies. This holiday season, Sony will introduce sequels to three of the most recent GH games: Jak III, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and ATV Offroad Fury 3.

By Chris Kohler -- GameSpot

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles... - Sep 09, 2004 11:34
I' ve always been curious of the Jack and Daxter / Ratchett and Clank games but not curious enough to buy any of them. J&D actually looks quite fun and I' m wodnering if I should bother getting the first game or head straight into number two.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles... - Sep 09, 2004 12:49
Both the Jak and Ratchet series are considered to be this generation' s best platformers, and Going Commando is one of the highest-rated games of this generation.

Those other games are good, with the exception of Rise to Honor, which I thought was barely average.
ultimaknight

• Total Posts : 33
RE: PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles... - Sep 09, 2004 13:31
i never really played any of the games except for Jak2. I got it during Christmas and it rocks. i never played the first game but oh well. i was curious about SOCOM 2 but i never got it. guess it was better than i thought
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles... - Sep 09, 2004 22:44
Jak II was awesome. I got to about 73% and had to take it back to blockbuster

I think I might pick it and ratchet and clank up. Both are truely awesome games. I already have socom, but that' s cool that it' s 20 bucks now. Hopefully they' ll sell a bunch of copies and decide to finally put out the new maps
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: PS2 To Get 5 New Greatest Hits Titles... - Sep 10, 2004 00:20
Wha?? Oh my goodness wahoo! I will be picking these up soon or go on Ebay and get them cheaper I can' t wait to get them all.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll