Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Outrun 2 extras
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
Outrun 2 extras - Aug 29, 2004 16:27
I' ve heard about some extras included in Outrun 2 on Xbox.

This extras include courses taken from other Sega arcade game like Scud Race and Daytona USA 2, nevere appeared on home consoles.

Great!

It would be a very surprise if Sega will include the original versions of Scud Race and Daytona USA 2 on Outrun 2 for Xbox.

Two great games never appeared on consoles inclused in one of the beautiful racing games of all time.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 29, 2004 18:46
I' m pretty sure it' s the tracks only, not the actual games. I' ve never even heard of SCUD Race, but Sega did have a crappy Genesis game called " SCUD the Disposable AssAssIn" . I sure hope it' s not based on that!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 29, 2004 18:53
SCUD Race is the Japanese version of Sega' s arcade only racer, Sega SUPER GT..
I didn' t dig the controls in that game, although many die hard arcade racing fans have claimed it to be the GREATEST Arcade racer of all time. I disagree.. I like Daytona 2 better.. SUPER GT looks beautiful in motion it' s just that there' s too much drifting! My car would drift even on a slight turn.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8/29/2004 6:57:47 PM >
Joe Redifer

RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 29, 2004 20:52
I' ve seen Super GT in the arcade and was unimpressed by it' s sub-Dreamcast quality graphics. I never bothered to play it because I think it was $50 bucks a play or something insane. I always get that game confused with Sega GT Homologanoglobulinduretsenation Special.
ChaOtiX

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 29, 2004 22:52
I think that Scud race is the best modern 3D arcade racer SEGA has produced! I' ve always thought that Daytona 2 and Scud are on par with each other. Sure the drifting is overdone in Scud, but this IS an arcade game we are talking about, where over the top is better.

At the moment I would say that Initial D sits at the top. My other personal Faves being Need For speed 2, Le Mans 24 Hours and Ferrari 355.

of course the best all time Racer is Outrun followed closely by Virtua racing. I just hope that outrun makes a proper transition to 3D.
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 14:51
Scud race is one of my favourite racing games of the arcades.

It would be great if Sega include further tracks, also the full version of Scud race and Daytona USA 2, two great games appeared only in the arcades.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 15:49
I always wondered why Sega didn' t ' Dreamcast' those games... while they gave no thought to converting crap like Dynamite Cop.
Terry Bogard

RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 16:39
Dynamite Cop was a NAOMI based arcade game, thus requiring no effort to convert over to the Dreamcast. Converting Naomi arcade games over to the Dreamcast could probably be done in two-three weeks. Model 3 games on the other hand required lots of blood, sweat and tears to convert and took a while to do so because the two architectures were so different. I doubt they' d want to make such an effort with conversions that would probably sell no more than 50 - 70,000 copies. The time and money involved just wouldn' t be worth their while.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 16:45
Yeah, but at least Scud Racer / Daytona 2 were good games, they had the potential to sell by the bucket load.
Terry Bogard

RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 16:58
Daytona 2 would probably sell decently. SCUD Race on the other hand I can' t see breaking 60,000 copies.

Don' t get me wrong, I wanted ALL of those games converted and would have bought them all on day 1, but the sad reality is that alot of Dreamcast games weren' t selling that well in Japan.
Joe Redifer

RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 23:54
Sega games in general don' t seem to sell well in Japan. Virtua Fighter Cyber-Kidz or whatever it called didn' t even break 4,000 copies! Well... for the first day anyway.

I bet John Lennon would buy Out Run 2 were he still alive.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 30, 2004 23:59
Hmmm... : http://games.kikizo.com/news/200408/007.asp?f=007.asp

I can reveal there is more than " this" .

BTW SCUD RACE was also the European name for Super GT. Not just Jap. And IMO a better name too ;-)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Outrun 2 extras - Aug 31, 2004 03:41
Joe,

I believe the reason why Sega sells so poorly in Japan is because the Japanese believe that they (Sega) sold out to West (USA)...

As for Outrun 2 including tracks (or extras) from Daytona USA 2...I might just have to take a closer look at this game...I' ve been looking for an arcade-like racing title...
Joe Redifer

RE: Outrun 2 extras - Sep 01, 2004 00:02
Just announced:

Out Run 2 and most other video games will no longer be sold in the greater Saint Louis metropolitan area. It seems God hates that place.

Oh well.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message