Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Oblivion Video
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Oblivion Video - Aug 01, 2006 23:42
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1216213971004625060&q=oblivion

Ha ha, that is great. I will be getting oblivion soon for the pc, just looking around and the mods that are allready out look great, a huge plus for the pc version. If you have it, remcommend any good ones?

Ah, man, But it is buggy, some Ai if that can happen in game!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 01, 2006 23:48
He ran into a trap. That happens. A cooler thing happened during the Gamespot 24hr Oblivion marathon where falling rocks took out a guy you were supposed to help as he ran ahead like in this video but then the guy playing it died and had to re-load and the NPC went ahead again and stopped before the rocks fell.

Silentbomber

RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 01, 2006 23:58
we need videos.
Nitro

RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 00:02
I don' t know about that as it was live, but check THIS out. The little fellow is a fucking pest.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 00:24
I' d love to just sit and spend ours in this game - I' ll wait a bit longer though :)
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 05:45
...what bugs?... ....i didn' t see any...
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 05:50
I haven' t played it yet mainly because i' m not in tune with the series but might get it later especially if it' s as long as people say.
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 05:55
Him running into the trap is supposed to happen though, isn' t it? It happened to me on the 360.
Nitro

RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 06:06
The quest he' s involved doesn' t require his survival. I killed him before that part. The game isn' t linear and is the best example of free roaming yet and you don' t even HAVE to do the main quest at all if you don' t want to, ...there are 100' s of others to do and you don' t HAVE to do ANY.

Important people who' s survival is required to complete the main quest can' t die. They can be knocked unconcious but they can' t die.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 1 Aug 06 22:07:53 >
Silentbomber

RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 07:25
but he shouldnt have run into the trap in the first place.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 1 Aug 06 23:25:55 >
Nitro

RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 07:42
Usually traps are made to suprise you.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 07:47
No, no. You' ve got it all wrong Majik.
Traps are made to make it more fun to visit places like dungeons and treasure chambers.
I mean they always have this repeating pattern so you can find the right timing and run through.
See, traps are made to be fun. Not surprises.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 08:20
...is it me or does that clip get funnier the more times you view it?...
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 09:28

ORIGINAL: dasher232

I haven' t played it yet mainly because i' m not in tune with the series but might get it later especially if it' s as long as people say.

That' s the great thing about the Elderscrolls series. They' re set in the same world but each story is new and unique that doesn' t rely on previous stories or characters.

I' ve had a similar experience with an NPC getting owned before I could complete the quest. Except it was from falling logs instead. Made me shake my head in disbelief. So I just looted the corpse of the NPC, killed his family and took his house.

If you have it, remcommend any good ones?

I' d highly recommend playing the vanilla version for a good while (around 20 hours) and see how you like it. That way you can see what the mods improve. If there' s something about the game that you don' t like there' s probably a mod out there that changes it.

No one can really tell you the best mods to get, it all depends on personal taste but a good place to start is here.

It has a very solid collection of mods that can suit most tastes and are of a high quality. I don' t recommend using all of them as many of them do similar things and I think it' s important that you don' t detract too much from that Oblivion look/feel of the game. I only use about 15 mods from that list and it changes the game to suit what I want/need without completely changing the whole game around. Make sure that if you use texture mods that improve the look of the game, you have a PC that can handle it. I use Qarl' s Textures mod and it makes all the textures look incredible but will kill anything less than a powerful PC.

edit: Meh, I guess I' ll make a few recommendations of the absolute best ones. All can be found in the above link.

Qarl' s Textures (puts the X360 to absolute shame)
Doof' s Grass (to be used with Qarl' s Textures)
Natural Environments (My fav mod. Makes Oblivion even more spectacular!)
Natural Weather Unofficial Patch (use this for above mod)
Landscape LOD Texture replacement (removes blurry distant textures)
Oscuro' s Oblivion Overhaul (makes hundreds of slight changes/balances)
BTMod (Allows you to see more while in menus/inventory)
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 2 Aug 06 2:05:36 >
Silentbomber

RE: Oblivion Video - Aug 02, 2006 22:29
Cheers, I' ll have a look into that when i get it, I will play it first and then just mod the hell out of it. Alot of those look really good.

But will any of those stop working if you apply a new patch?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 2 Aug 06 14:32:23 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message