Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OXM gamer choice awards
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 15:49
Team Xbox Poll here

Come on now look at the Best Action/Adventrue Game catagory. How are you supposed to rule out 1 form the others?!
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Halo 2
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 16:05
Since when are all those in the same genre?

I knew OXM wasn' t exactly a journalistic masterpiece, but I would expect them to be able to figure out video game categories...
Mass X

RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 16:10
Probably just using as basic of a theme as possible. I don' t read it neways but I' m always tempted to do surverys and polls.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 17:43

Come on now look at the Best Action/Adventrue Game catagory. How are you supposed to rule out 1 form the others?!
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Halo 2
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Prince of Persia Warrior Within

Easy enough...

Ninja Gaiden............... had camera and/or control issues - not picked.

Prince of Persia............Only real action/adventure title in the list, but just not interesting enough to bother with - not picked.

Chronicles of Riddick...sounds OK, but just another action/adventure game to me - not picked.

Splinter Cell...............squad-based games usually not my thing - not picked.

Halo 2...............awesome game, but really a FPS - picked because it is just so much more awesome than the others!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/7/2004 5:47:30 PM >
Mass X

RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 18:00

Splinter Cell...............squad-based games usually not my thing - not picked.

Thats not squad based at all. Its all solo work in that game. Only thing that can be considered a squad would be in online multiplayer mode but even then its just you and one other person.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 18:52
Daroosh: Not trying to throw my opinion around but Chronicles of Riddick is a much better single player game than Halo 2. Halo 2 gets more points for the multiplayer, but single player it is beaten pretty badly.
fathoms

RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 19:55
I agree with yoshi, and I think by now people know my feelings about CoR, my personal GoY pick of the year.

I rank them this way:

1. Chronicles of Riddick
2. Halo 2
3. Ninja Gaiden
4. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

I haven' t played PoP: WW yet, but it will be tough to break into that list. Those are basically my four favorite games of 2004, with the exception of a few PS2 games (GTA: San Andreas, Champions of Norrath, Star Ocean: ' Til the End of Time, Onimusha 3, etc.).

And for the record, I actually enjoyed SC more than both NG and Halo 2' s single-player, just because I had so much fun playing it. I LOVE the SC series. But if I have to rank them in terms of overall quality and taking evolution and revolution aspects into account, then I have to rank them as I did above.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 22:30
I loved Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, possibly much more so than Ninja Gaiden. To me CoR and Halo 2 are both First Person Shooters and unfortunatly I' ve not played CoR to rate it. But as games overall I think Halo 2 would be top, Splinter Cell second and Ninja Gaiden third.
fathoms

RE: OXM gamer choice awards - Dec 07, 2004 22:47

To me CoR and Halo 2 are both First Person Shooters and unfortunatly I' ve not played CoR to rate it.

It' s a truly singular experience, and while it is in first-person mode, the game has elements of both the RPG and adventure genres. An absolute must-play and must-own.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll