Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 05, 2003 18:19
Was browsing the net and accidently stumbled upon some awesome looking Outrun 2 pics that made me almost wet my pants.

Here' s the link to the site I found them at: https://www.kikizo.com

Ladies and Gentleman, Yu Suzuki has done it AGAIN!!!!!!
Admin

• Total Posts : 19
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 05, 2003 21:02
Hey... I recognise that link from somewhere...

Damn, where do I remember ot from?

And yep - it' s lookng quite lovely! Haven' t seen those screens anywhere else I might add, so go and tell everyone!
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 13, 2003 15:14
Yup, I agree. It looks awsome, in keeping with the original and yet totally up to date.

This game might even persuade me to buy an Xbox!!
Cromania

• Total Posts : 3
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 16, 2003 11:34
As someone said over at www.cex.co.uk .......

" OutRun 2... You hear that? That is the sound of inevitability..."

It' s bound to be the business: everything Yu Suzuki touches is pure gold.

His previous driving effort, " Ferrari F355 Challenge" was a superb game in its arcade and console incarnations, easily ranking as one of the finest driving simulators ever devised. In many ways it' s good to see him catering for the other end of the spectrum by opting for a more arcade-style framework this time.

Although I have to admit that the photos of the in-game car (the Ferrari F-40) remind me too much of the original' s pisspoor sequel, " Turbo OutRun" ...
Please... No!

It' s on trial in some Japanese arcades now

If Sega don' t release it on PS2 they' re seriously mad... not that it' s confirmed for any home machine yet....
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 20, 2003 19:55
If Sega don' t release it on the X-box, GameCube, PS2, GameBoy Advance, Neo-Geo Pocket, Wonderswan, PSP, Tiger Electronics Hand Held, Sega Saturn and Dreamcast then they' re seriously Mad!!

But I' ll easily settle for a multiplatform release ranging from X-box, GameCube and PS2 to the Gameboy Advance!
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 09, 2004 19:29

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

But I' ll easily settle for a multiplatform release ranging from X-box, GameCube and PS2 to the Gameboy Advance!

gameboy advance ? you got to be kidding me ! the gba did' nt even gave a proper version from the first outrun game (grapically then, but it still plays good enough for me). even the PSP and DS will have a hard time getting a proper (read: arcade perfect) version.

but by now you must have read on kikizo.com that it' s xbox only.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 10, 2004 00:02
Threads from 20 years ago kick ass. Terry loves the fact that it is Xbox only since it ran on Xbox hardware in the arcade. The more exclusives for each console, the more reason to have all three. I say " yay" for exclusives!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8/10/2004 12:02:58 AM >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 10, 2004 02:05
You' d better be prepared for a whole lot fucking more from " exclusive-land" when it comes to Sega right here at Kikizo... here is a hint of what to expect... http://games.kikizo.com/news/200408/007.asp
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 8/10/2004 2:06:03 AM >
Joe Redifer

RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 10, 2004 05:51
I cannot wait until October or November or whenever it is.

What is " Excitement Company" ? Did I miss something?
Adam Doree

RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 10, 2004 18:29
Excitement Company = SEGA

Hisao Oguchi invented this immortal phrase.
RJAY

• Total Posts : 2
Outrun 2 for X-Box! - Aug 11, 2004 17:19
Hi Kikizo, I saw your article on Outrun 2 and just thought I' d mention what I' d like to see in the X-Box version. I' m RJAY63 and I' m currently playing Time Attack on the arcade version (and rank 19/20th in the world for Course E).

http://outrun2.sega-am2.com/cgi-bin/total_ranking.cgi?goal=5&area=0&car=0&gear=0&rank=0&lang=us

Did you know that Sega have announced an upgrade to the arcade version? Called Outrun 2 SP there was a prototype on location test in Tokyo at the end of July. There are 2 new cars 512BB and 250GT0 and a brand new map with 15 new courses. Ships Late 2004. I wonder if ' bonus 1/2' are taken from this game?

I hope Sumo do something about the Heart Attack mode. In the arcade version most of the hearts are located on one particular route which doesn' t give players the incentive to explore the other courses. Fingers crossed!!

Finally I hope you are still able to drift using the gearstick. For some corners it' s the only way if you want to be fast!

< Message edited by RJAY -- 8/11/2004 5:25:05 PM >
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 11, 2004 18:01

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

You' d better be prepared for a whole lot ***ing more from " exclusive-land" when it comes to Sega right here at Kikizo... here is a hint of what to expect... http://games.kikizo.com/news/200408/007.asp

thanks for the link, but i' ve allready have read that article. what did you expect from a huge outrun fan ? i am so hooked on outrun, that i' ve even programmed the 3 famous songs from outrun 1 on my kelyboard workstation but i know that kikizo has the best news when it comes to sega/outrun 2, other sites are not that hooked on outrun 2.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 11, 2004 19:28
I never really got into this series. I played the games occasionally but that would be about it. This new game is shaping up I guess, I just have no reason to look forward or even read about it.
HydroGen

• Total Posts : 52
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 12, 2004 06:13
I really dont think that the new bonus courses can be the ones in the new arcade version but it could be. Surely SEGA wont do that because they want money from the arcades still, but then again is this game getting released in Japan where arcades are doing OK. Adam should just secretly tell us all so we know :D

Also i am wondering if we will ever get part 4 of the SEGA interviews because its been over a month since part 3.
Joe Redifer

RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 12, 2004 07:31

I just have no reason to look forward or even read about it.

But you have reason to POST about it, which means you secretly NEED this game!
Zotty

• Total Posts : 41
RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 12, 2004 10:41
Outrun 2 looks awsome indeed but I dont know if I will buy it on the day of the release. Live play seems great, just like the graphics and the fast gameplay offcourse. I love Outrun :) And owh well I will get it some day
Adam Doree

RE: Outrun 2 for X-Box! - Aug 12, 2004 15:37

ORIGINAL: RJAY

Hi Kikizo, I saw your article on Outrun 2 and just thought I' d mention what I' d like to see in the X-Box version. I' m RJAY63 and I' m currently playing Time Attack on the arcade version (and rank 19/20th in the world for Course E).

http://outrun2.sega-am2.com/cgi-bin/total_ranking.cgi?goal=5&area=0&car=0&gear=0&rank=0&lang=us

Wow, that' s impressive... that makes you number one in the UK, right? In fact number one outside of Japan?! Holy jeepers. I wonder what Alan B (aka Toast on these boards) has to say about that...? Alan?!

As for the new courses, I cannot say anything at the moment, but I promise Sega fans will be very happy. Watch this space, Kikizo will break it all first.

As for OutRun2 SP, this looks ace, I can say that I am not sure how this fits into any plans for home versions, if at all right now. Since Sega knows that I don' t know about this aspect, I am free to speculate and say, well, there' s always downloadable content.......... :)
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 8/12/2004 3:38:34 PM >
HydroGen

RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 17, 2004 04:15
1up seems to think the bonus tracks are from another SEGA game. This would probably mean more than one lap unless its from another Outrun.

SEGA Rally tracks - I dont think so.
That PS2 Ferrari game tracks - Dont know the tracks but i guess this sounds perfect.
Daytona USA tracks - It has got to be these in my opinion with upgraded graphics. This game is popular with SEGA fans.
Virtua Racing - Just because it is by AM2 it has a chance to be these tracks.
Scud Race - I have only seen this in one place about 6 years ago and didnt go on it. All i know is it is fast and the tracks i guess could be used.

I know other SEGA racers but they are not that popular.
< Message edited by HydroGen -- 8/22/2004 4:38:50 AM >
Adam Doree

RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 18, 2004 00:05
Can you do me a favour and send me the link that shows where 1up " seems to think" that this is the case? This would be helpful.

FYI it may or not be the case. But if it is, nobody said it applies to only one previous Sega game.
HydroGen

RE: OUTRUN 2 is looking friggin AWesOME!! Hot Damn! - Aug 18, 2004 07:26
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages