Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OUCH Nintendo!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 04:51

G A M E C U B E

- Factor 5 president Julian Eggebrecht announced they will no longer develop any new titles for Nintendo GameCube, the studio is currently developing new software for other platforms.

- The Canadian developer Silicon Knights has ended its second party status with Nintendo of America. The company will effectively immediately be allowed to develop game titles for other consoles, include Xbox and PlayStation 2.

Is this a sign of things or just a random occurrence. I think the lost of Factor 5 is a significant OUCHIE since they worked some technical wonders on the Cube.

If this is a sign, and with the PSP over the horizon I' m getting a little nervous about Nintendo' s fate.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 16:01
What games has factor 5 put out for the gamecube?
Terry Bogard

RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 18:16
I believe they developed the technically impressive Star Wars games for the GameCube.
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 19:11
This isn' t as bad as it initially seems. Factor 5 are only quitting development for the GameCube and not necessarily leaving Nintendo altogether. They might already be working on N5 games (there are rumors of Pilot Wings being developed by them).
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 19:15
I' m curious to see what these companies will do on other platforms.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 19:28
Why are you worried about the big N' s fate? If they do go bankrupt (not likely-I hope) they will be bought by someone because of thier great franchises. (God, if it happens dont let EA buy them) But the purchase of the Big N would make any game company automatically gain millions of Nintendo loyals. As for the (SLIM) possiblility of a bankruptcy and purchase, it would be between Sony, Microsoft, and EA, in my opinion. They are the biggest, but I would say MS could outbid them all.
Terry Bogard

RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 19:51
Why am I worried about their fate? Because, with Sega out of the console race, as far as console makers go Nintendo is the last piece of tradition we have left in this industry. Sony and Microsoft are the new generation while Sega and Nintendo are old school companies steeped in tradition... I' ll admit I am a traditionalist.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4/15/2004 7:52:41 PM >
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 19:56
I don' t think there' s any chance of Nintendo going out of business any time soon. They posted a quarterly loss for the first time in 41 years last year. Not exactly like they' re having the worst of times.

As bad as things are with the GameCube (and, realistically, it' s not all that bad, since there are excellent first party products), the Game Boy Advance is the dominant force in gaming right now. The GBA outsells all the home consoles quite consistently and brings in a tidy some for Nintendo.

The situation is very different to SEGA, so I don' t think anyone needs to worry just yet.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 20:07
Factor 5 did have very good games on gamecube, *sighs*. I don' t think nintendo will go out of business, they have been doing sich a good job! Sega was doing good for a while too, I loved sega genesis back in the day. Sonic rules!
Terry Bogard

RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 15, 2004 21:55
I was never worried about Nintendo going bankrupt or out of business, but as someone else pointed out, the Gameboy Advance is their cash cow. They have gone unchallenged in that area for quite some time but Now they are being challenged - by the dominant console maker in the industry.

IF the PSP becomes highly successful, I don' t think companies like Squaresoft will have much incentive to continue fully supporting the Gameboy Advance
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 16, 2004 00:17
Has there been anymore info released about DS? Or are they pretty much gonna wait for E3
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Apr 16, 2004 18:03
Nope, no new DS info. Can' t wait for E3 though. But, as many people misunderstood, I didn' t say N was goin out, I was speaking the posibillity of the PSP stomping the GBA and future N handhelds (DS). If that happens, it would be in third in the console race and second in the handheld market. But, I doubt the DS will fail. As I said, I was discussing the SLIM to NONE chance.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Aug 27, 2004 01:09
no one should worry about the ds its going to make it.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Aug 29, 2004 13:34
Nintendo has been slowly losing third-party support for some time now...

Can you say Sega repeat?
ChaOtiX

• Total Posts : 17
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Aug 29, 2004 15:19
The thing about SEGA as opposed to nintendo is that SEGA was poorly Run as a company regarding it' s overall direction.

Although having said that. Nintendo are against two bullies that are dishing the same tactics that Nintendo were doing back in the early days. Read Game Over and you will see what I mean.

There is definitely room for both the PSP and DS. Nintendo have had such a strong hold on the Handheld market for so long.....
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Aug 30, 2004 07:18
damn it!!! I can' t stand the GC being knocked down!!!Nintendo IS tradition, and a good tradition... I was looking forward for a GameCube . Go Nintendo and ALL of their products!!!
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Aug 30, 2004 14:27
i agree alley.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Aug 30, 2004 16:17
Nintendo put out some of the best games ever but they come so few and far between! Whyyyy?
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Sep 01, 2004 17:01
Man Nintendo if you fall off the market I would die. It' s not fair don' t let these 2 bullies start bullying you. No matter what I will always support you you have gone too far and achieved way better things then they did to start worrying. I bet those Playstation and X-Box company employess have a Nintendo gamecube in there house secretly playing Nintendo games.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: OUCH Nintendo! - Sep 01, 2004 17:16
I bet you' re right, Starman Anthony.

Just as M$ employees have PS2' s, and Sony employees have XBOX' s.

It' s all about the gaming, not the loyalty to one specific company, that matters.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message