Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No more Punisher
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
No more Punisher - Jun 29, 2004 15:16

http://chud.com/news/june04/june28punish.php3

Every now and again you have to be thankful for the small things. When I was in the theater watching The Punisher the small thing I was thankful for was the credits finally coming. Also, to be fair, Thomas Jane’s work as Frank Castle was the only element of the movie that I think worked at all. I mean, how hard is it to make an action movie that actually contains some action in it? When one of your more exciting sequences revolves around a fire hydrant prank, you’re in trouble.

The newest small thing that I am thankful for is that Moviehole is reporting that there will not be a Punisher 2. Despite Avi Arad telling MOVIE INSIDER’s Smilin’ Jack Ruby that the franchise would live on, it seems that the negative critical and fan reactions as well as the crummy theatrical take have doomed yet another Marvel franchise. Take a seat next to Matt Murdock, sir.

Actually, I’ve overstated the case. There MAY be a Punisher 2 some day, but it will, according to Moviehole’s scooper, be a straight to video affair and without Tommy Jane as the lead. In the meantime Jane has kept up contact with the comic book world, becoming such good friends with Steve Niles, creator of the vampire book that is soon to be a movie 30 Days of Night, that the two are considering creating a comic together. Also, Jane has supposedly taken a shine to Niles’ Cal McDonald character and voicing an interest in playing him in a big screen adaptation of Criminal Macabre.

This sucks!

Me and my friend loved Punisher. In fact, it' s still my favorite action movie I' ve seen in threaters this year. And I' ve seen all the stinkers. Riddick. Hellboy. Troy. Kill Bill Vol2. Dawn of the Dead (which was good but loses interest near the end). Punisher was really the only film to keep me entertained from start to finish. I also don' t agree with that guy saying there wasn' t enough action in Punisher. It' s not about the amount, it' s about the quality. I thoroughly enjoyed the action sequences in Punisher and loved how the filmmakers decided to focus a lot on Frank' s shattered psyche and not pure action. It was a good mixture of both.

But oh well I guess. Nothing left now but to cry the tears.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: No more Punisher - Jun 29, 2004 18:06
I never seen the movie but ive gone thruy a few comics. And he seems to be more of a serial killer doing more then just revenge...so a psychological side for the movie seems a lil fitting. But like I said I havent seen it.

Also the comic " 30 days of night" is very dark and very awsome, itd be cool to see that made into a movie. But I may have like the artistry with the comic more then the story.
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: No more Punisher - Jun 30, 2004 09:01
Oh woe is me. Yet another movie I' ve got to wait for to appear on thi side of the atlantic

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll