Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3]
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 20, 2004 08:25
Why nobody started a msg3 topic now that its out?
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 11/24/2004 7:21:32 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 20, 2004 08:55
They' re too busy chasing down monkeys;)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 20, 2004 09:59
Probably because not that many people have PS2' s. I mean how many PS2' s have sold? 200-300 million consoles? How many peole are there in the world? Over 5 billion? Most people do not have PS2 therefore Metal Gear will not be high on the list of discussed topics.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 20, 2004 12:46
It' s out!?

What happened, I was expecting a huge kind of media storm along with this one much like the hype surrounding GTA San Andreas and Halo 2. Instead it' s sneaked out into stores with the same kind of stealth usually reserved for Solid Snake himself.

So has anyone picked it up? It' s not out in the UK till sometime in 2005. I didn' t own a Playstation so played through most of the first one at a mate’s house. I snapped up number two as soon as it was released and was rewarded with a great game.

The story got very complicated however though the best bit is near the end when things go haywire with the Colonel and Rose telling you to put the control pad down and turn off the game!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 20, 2004 20:17
Because it' s tough for certain people to see past the tidal wave of ads and other promo campaigns that hype Halo 2 through the roof. It' s what hype does...it overshadows things.
Bling

RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 20, 2004 20:52
I havent picked the game yet,not enough money lol

But from what i heard is better that msg2 but i' ll have to play it to confirm that

In the meantime i' ll be flyin over san andreas lookin for horse shoes
Joe Redifer

RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 20, 2004 21:56
The producer promised in-game Dolby Digital 5.1. He must have been smoking crack at the time if he thought that was possible on the PS2, but that' s what he said. The game only has Dolby Pro Logic II, which was expected.

Ah, Hideo. When will you stop speaking out of yer ass?

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/20/2004 9:57:09 PM >
Bling

RE: ..::No Love?::.. - Nov 24, 2004 04:48
Finally!
The day has come!
I bought the game!

But i feel like a fckn rookie lol well its a matter of time
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 24, 2004 07:22
Paul, to clarify, it' s only out Stateside (where I would say there has been a reasonable fanfare) while it hits Europe early next year.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 24, 2004 19:43
I rented it yesterday. I played for about an hour and I gotta say I was hoping for better visuals. Maybe it' s just that the camera is back too far, but the aliasing from the blades of grass blurs everything together for me. The character models look great, but maybe my xbox has spoiled me.

Aside from visuals, I think I like the new camo and eating system. I haven' t gotten far enough into the game to decide how much I like it but one thing that I find strange is that instead of playing the hell out of metal gear, I still can' t help but switch back to San Andreas and halo 2
Joe Redifer

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 24, 2004 20:23
Wow and the Konami-released pics all showed ZERO ALIASING! In fact, I haven' t even seen one real picture of the actual gameplay yet. Just pics of Snake at torso level or below, with tons of detail that the PS2 simply cannot do, etc.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 25, 2004 02:52
I tried the demo and I found the graphics mediocre and the gameplay confusing. Perhaps the actual game would be better, as I do find most demos poor examples of the actual games. I do have it in my rental queue at Red Octane.
Bling

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 25, 2004 04:59
The game is great!

The camera is a little...uncomfortable at first but you get used to it

The graphics are a little better than msg2

Im in like a quarter of the game just outside the warehouse
PS2Poodoo

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 27, 2004 19:22

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Wow and the Konami-released pics all showed ZERO ALIASING! In fact, I haven' t even seen one real picture of the actual gameplay yet. Just pics of Snake at torso level or below, with tons of detail that the PS2 simply cannot do, etc.

come on now, shall we compare the screens of Halo 2 to what the game actually looks like? MGS looks just like the screens, except for the aliasing. Especially when you have component cables for your ps2.

When a company is trying to get some hype for their game, they aren' t going to take a polaroid shot of their TV while they play the game. They are going to show off the engine.
Gossi_the_dog

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 27, 2004 19:38
I don' t know but MGS2 wasn' t really all that good. It had a lot to live up to, but unfortunately in so many ways it paled in comparison to the excellent original. I hope this is better, but I have no real incentive to play it.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 27, 2004 20:41
i think everybody is playing it right now
Bling

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 29, 2004 02:02
I finished the game yesterday!

Its a great game!

...........................Why EVA? i loved you
PS2Poodoo

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 29, 2004 05:14

ORIGINAL: Bling

I finished the game yesterday!

Its a great game!

...........................Why EVA? i loved you

I haven' t beat it yet, but that' s the 2nd time you' ve said something about eva. If you are trying to ruin some part of the story you are probably doing a good job
Bling

RE: ..::No Love?::.. [MGS3] - Nov 29, 2004 22:12
Lol sorry man

i doesnt ruin anything

how far are you in the game?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages