Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo' s New Games..
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 06:30
While Nintendo did say they needed new games and such, the three new titles they showed werent.. very impressive. A racing game that looks like the bastard son of crazy taxi and motorstorm,a hack and slash game, and other one,.. which cant be very good if I forgot it.

What did you think of these titles?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 06:36
GAMES OF THE YEAR!!!

I kid... I kid.

I suppose the games they showed made for a decent start at establishing new franchises. Hopefully all of those games get an overhaul before being released cause like you said, they weren' t very impressive.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 06:45
Everybody said they needed to show the games and the gameplay, right? Here they are, in their unfinished forms. I too am quite underwhelmed by the graphics of those titles. Those new and or resurrected intellectual properties are very rough at the moment. Still, can' t bash it completely until the game editors play it on the floor tomorrow. I am convinced by one thing they said: the looks of the games are not the be all end all.

Besides, who thought that tennis match looked kinda fun, regardless of the graphical presentation? I though it looked like a riot type party game - pure fun.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 06:49
I was underwhelmed by Red steel. The pics didnt look half bad. But in motion, it just looked like black. Not a bad thing, but nothing new.
vdig

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 10:38
The pics. That' s the whole problem. We can' t try out the gameplay. Do the mechanics make up for indistinct graphics? That is the answer we need, and we won' t get one until they launch, and we have Wii in our own hands.
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 13:28
While the games there aren' t super-detailed franchises you' ll see on PS3, they seem to be enough to show the power of Wii in different areas. And when journalists get thier hands-ons tomorrow, it might not still be enough to convey to gamers how good it is to them. Some people may not enjoy having thier arms going around and aching just to play a game, or it more be more immersive than they ever imagined, I think the true challenge for tomorrow will be conveying neutral impressions on Wii.

For now, just use your imagination and think if it' d be FUN for you =P
< Message edited by Pyrii -- 10 May 06 5:33:51 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 10, 2006 22:34
I made a list of all announcements of Nintendo games :

http://-gangsta-.1up.com
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 02:31
I was really impressed by Red Steel because it seemed really fun and the graphics were ok.
I am however quite disappointed with the average graphics in the Wii games even though I wasn' t expecting much. So far almost all the games look like they could be played on the Gamecube.
I think it will be the same thing as with the DS. A couple of good titles in the beginning that shows what can be done while the rest are just gimmicky stuff. Then with time developers will begin to see what works and what don' t and we' ll get better games. With the majority of the best games coming form Nintendo themselves.
I wonder if we' ll se a " Nintendogs go Wii"
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 May 06 18:32:36 >
Pyrii

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 02:40
Yeah, seems Nintendo might not win over a large majority of people who think graphics are everything. But I think it' s true once you play the games you see where the fun lies and stop caring for fancy graphics, just something simple and fun.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 03:27
We cant judge how good these games are just on the graphics, that would be stupid. We have to play the games to see what the games are really like because its the gameplay that will tell us if they are good or not. Anyway graphics aren' t everything!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 03:41
You' re right but... how are we supposed to discuss gameplay when we haven' t played the games?
So far most of the hands-ons have been optimistic so gameplay should be nice anyway.
vdig

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 07:01
What can you do? The only thing I can do now is read on as the editors tell of their first experiences with the not quite final Wii. For a work in progress, they sound like they are having a blast. Still, their tastes might have different levels of jadedness than you or I might have.

However, Nintendo does seem to be hitting a majority of right notes at this E3. Just now I read about the Zapper cradle at Gamespot. Turn the Wiimote and Chuck, attach to cradle, and truly shoot down your enemies with Zapper 2.0. The appeal of nostalgia... hope you younger board members remember the fun brought about by the origional Zapper. Operation Wolf, Duck Hunt,... heck Duck Hunt 2 has already been announced. All we need is Time Crisis and House of the Dead series to come on over. May not excite everyone, but I feel a deja-vu. Personally, I think the deja-vu would be greater for older gamers. I mean, I was born when the NES came out, and I still remember the way the NES gripped me as a child when I got one.

Edit:
Here' s the Zapper 2.0. Hopefully it comes in more than one colour scheme, for those who hate the colours as is - I like it.
< Message edited by vdig -- 10 May 06 18:19:30 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 07:53

If you have any fear about whether or not Super Mario Galaxy is a gimmick, or the experience is fun with the Wii remote, lay them to rest. Nintendo' s latest update to its classic franchise is, in a word, intoxicating.

-ign on new mario, they also write great things about new Sonic for Wii (the best sonic game since 1991 as they wrote it) , zelda , Red Steel and Excite Truck.

I think that Wii remote works much better than even some believers like me thought it will - after reading as much as I found , I' m sure it' ll bring enormous joy of gaming into my life :)
vdig

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 08:09
The Wii version of Sonic is not the same one as the one for 360, is it? The 360 version has Shadow in a vehicle shooting stuff and the white hedgehog reflecting missiles to copters while standing still, which are HUGE no-nos. Predict bad things if they repeat this apparent Shadow the Hedgehog mechanic again. Still I' ll check it out....

Sonic Wild Fire =/= Sonic the Hedgehog 360
Good.
Control via tilt.
In other words, 2D style WOOOT!!! WOOT WOOT... sorry guys, got fanboy-itis there for a second.

Wii' s version of Madden has gotten props. Wow, sound like fun. And I don' t like playing sports titles.

Casamassina tells me I want Mario Galaxy. Uh oh, sounds like we should be wanting Wii.

Yep - it looks like fun across the boards, minus a hickup here and there... then again, Wii is not finalized yet, and the games are Alphas or Betas. Joy! The final product sounds like it will deliver.
Pyrii

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 08:13
Sonic Wildfire /Hyper Sonic is not the same as the 360/PS3 sonic which has an awesome trailer here: http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2543_en.aspx
vdig

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 08:18
Yes, I know, awesome trailer. I point you to Shadow in jeep firing at stuff and White Hedgehog standing still reflecting missiles at choppers. I loved the Sonic gameplay screens, but not Shadow and Whitey over there. Remove that aspect, and yeah, Sonic for 360/PS3 is indeed very sick looking. Still, even if Sonic turns out to be the best looking Sonic ever, if it plays like Shadow, it stinks.

Edit:
Better yet, if that is just an ingame cutscene with those two, then I could not be happier for BOTH Sonic titles.
< Message edited by vdig -- 10 May 06 19:22:26 >
Pyrii

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 08:27
Gamespot posted some in-game footage showing our new white hero who can levitate and throw physical objects at stuff, including the mechs. And bend steel. Waiting for a Hi-Def version of the footage as Gamespot footage teh suck, and without audio.
vdig

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 09:09
Sometimes I' m grateful I' m not there, and sometimes... well, you get the picture.

If you can afford it, I suggest you save for two consoles this year. One orthodox, one unorthodox. And of course, we all know which one the unorthodox one is.

Why an orthodox one? We are established gamers, so we' d like the other titles too is my logic. Why unorthodox? Because it looks, and is reported to be, fun.
< Message edited by vdig -- 10 May 06 20:09:44 >
Pyrii

RE: Nintendo' s New Games.. - May 11, 2006 10:40
Planning on it, if I ever get some money together. PS3 is well off my list, especially since they' re pooch-screwing us europeans on price. Think $599 is bad?

America (17th November)
20Gb Ver. = $499
60Gb Ver. = $599

Europe (17th November)
20Gb Ver. = €499 ($633.2 / £341.2)
60Gb Ver. = €599 ($760.1 / £409.6)
< Message edited by Pyrii -- 11 May 06 2:42:10 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages