Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 02:16
A video of the Nintendo conference that was held at June 7th
can be found here:

http://www.irwebcasting.com/060607/04/969fa340e1/main/index_hi.htm
(Length: 1hour 30minutes)

People at the conference:
Satoru Iwata
Yoshihiro Mori
Shinji Hatano
Genyo Takeda
Shigeru Miyamoto
Nobuo Nagai

The conference ends with a video of Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii.
Make sure not to put the video in full-screen as the screen to the right of the video will show the conference slides.

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Jun 06 18:21:47 >
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 04:18
I recommend everyone to watch this video, Nintendo fan or not.
Nintendo has made some very interesting industry observations that are worth thinking about. They also have many other ideas or plans that are very interesting to know.

Here are some interesting things that are mentioned:
- DS cook book
- DS common knowledge test
- A good and detailed explanation of the Wii name
- Video showing how people rushed to Nintendo' s booth at E3
- Interesting footage from E3 with demos such as the Wii drum demo
- You' ll see that Satoru Iwata uses an Apple computer
- The Wii will have a unique feature allowing you to create charicatures of yourself to be used in games. Wii Tennis was mentioned as an example since we saw charicatures of Iwata, Miyamoto and Fils-Aime in the E3 demo
- The DS will connect to the Wii in order to enhance DS gameplay, such as bringing DS content to the TV or using the TV for DS audio
- The Pokemon game looks awesome! I don' t know if it' s in-game footage though
- Competition is only one aspect of online gameplay and Nintendo will try to bring other aspects as well with the Wii such as showing other people your creations
- Nintendo' s wants to please developers by keeping used games away from the 2nd hand market but not by making game discs unreadable in other systems than your own (Sony), but rather by using the WiiConnect24 service to bring something new everyday which will make players want to keep the game for a long time.

Lots of other interesting things are said. Watch the video!
And once again, DON' T watch the video in full-screen as many things won' t be understandable if you don' t see the overhead slides with the sell charts and that stuff.

Additional Wii info at IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/713/713210p1.aspx
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Jun 06 20:41:50 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 06:50
I want to watch it, but 1 hour and a half is a bit long, so I am going to watch it
when I am at work or something; when nothing is happening.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 14:56
Thanks for that.

I really like the direction Nintendo is going at the moment. My sister (& mother for that matter) who never EVER play games just recently when viewing a DS lite advertisment for Brain Age said to my amazement ' i want to get this for Mum!' . I was so shocked! She was interested in buying one as well (for Brain age only), and that got me interested in buying a DS lite!! I' m still waiting for ANY SSB version on DS before i purchase, i' d love to play that on the go!
GamerManX

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 21:25

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I recommend everyone to watch this video, Nintendo fan or not.
Nintendo has made some very interesting industry observations that are worth thinking about. They also have many other ideas or plans that are very interesting to know.

Here are some interesting things that are mentioned:
- DS cook book
- DS common knowledge test
- A good and detailed explanation of the Wii name
- Video showing how people rushed to Nintendo' s booth at E3
- Interesting footage from E3 with demos such as the Wii drum demo
- You' ll see that Satoru Iwata uses an Apple computer
- The Wii will have a unique feature allowing you to create charicatures of yourself to be used in games. Wii Tennis was mentioned as an example since we saw charicatures of Iwata, Miyamoto and Fils-Aime in the E3 demo
- The DS will connect to the Wii in order to enhance DS gameplay, such as bringing DS content to the TV or using the TV for DS audio
- The Pokemon game looks awesome! I don' t know if it' s in-game footage though
- Competition is only one aspect of online gameplay and Nintendo will try to bring other aspects as well with the Wii such as showing other people your creations
- Nintendo' s wants to please developers by keeping used games away from the 2nd hand market but not by making game discs unreadable in other systems than your own (Sony), but rather by using the WiiConnect24 service to bring something new everyday which will make players want to keep the game for a long time.

Lots of other interesting things are said. Watch the video!
And once again, DON' T watch the video in full-screen as many things won' t be understandable if you don' t see the overhead slides with the sell charts and that stuff.

Additional Wii info at IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/713/713210p1.aspx

The Ds Cook book i think you might be refering to is cooking mama on the ds but I' ll watch the video and get back to you.
GamerManX

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 21:47
Yes it was in fact cooking mama and thanks for the footage
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 22:50
Ok. Do you have any more info about the " game" than what was shown in the video?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Jun 06 14:50:38 >
GamerManX

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 22:57
Actually yea
its on my site and ill post it here

Directly from my nds site
http://nintendodssite.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Where i got it from gamespot.com

E3 06: Cooking Mama Impressions
Get cooking with your Nintendo DS with this unusual game from Majesco.
By Bob Colayco, GameSpot
Posted May 12, 2006 8:54 am PT

LOS ANGELES--We were fortunate enough to get a demonstration of Cooking Mama, a new game for the Nintendo DS, developed by Taito. As the title suggests, the game is a cooking simulation, where you' ll use the stylus to do different types of cooking tasks as you put the game' s 76 real-world dishes together. Cooking Mama is already available in Japan, so Majesco is currently in the process of localizing the game for English-speaking audiences. The recipes used in the American version will be the same as the ones in the Japanese version of the game.

You' ll start the game with just 15 of the recipes unlocked--as you complete the dishes to Mama' s satisfaction, she' ll entrust you with making more kinds of food, so doing well with the initial recipes will be how you unlock the rest of the dishes. In all, there are 200 different kinds of Warioware style minigames available in the game, such as chopping, grating, stirring, and kneading, all of which is handled with the stylus. At times, you' ll need to blow into the DS' s microphone to cool off food. Multitasking as you cook a dish is where much of the game' s challenge comes in, much like in real-life cooking. We watched as a Majesco representative made gyoza (also known as potstickers--these are Asian dumplings) in the game. The tasks you need to do are quite true to making potstickers in real life. We watched as vegetables were chopped and then mixed with ground meat and spices in a bowl, before being scooped out on to noodle wrappers. We then had to trace out along the border of a wrapper with water (you' d use a moistened finger in real life) before closing up the dumpling and then had to make indentations on the fold to seal the meat inside the dumpling. These then had to be dropped in a fryer to cook before being pulled out.

There' s no multiplayer aspect to Cooking Mama, but you can share recipes with a friend through a local wireless connection. A single cartridge demo is also available, so a friend without the game can try out a quick recipe. Cooking Mama is currently slated to ship in September of this year at a $20 price point. The game' s simple nature and universal theme should make it appealing to people who don' t play many games, while its WarioWare-like design sensibilities may make it attractive to existing game enthusiasts as well.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 23:03
Are you sure it is the same game because Nintendo' s desciption of the game mentioned at the conference isn' t the same as the one about cooking mama.
The game you have info about is a real game where the cooking takes place in in the game.
The cook book mentioned at the conference seems more like an actuall cook book if you go by Nintendo' s description.
Maybe it is the same game, I don' t know, but the descriptions sure are different.
GamerManX

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 23:05
It might be the guide to the game?
*rewatches tape*

or it may be something you can buy with all the recipes from the game
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 23:29
They described the new " game" as something regular people could use as an actuall cook book when cooking at home. A coook book gets dirty and sometimes the pages are difficult to hold up so a small DS is great.
Iwata said that the DS will read out loud what you need to do and then you' ll answer OK and the " game" would go on with the cooking instructions.
So what he speaks of is not a game at all. It' s an electronic cook book.
GamerManX

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 20, 2006 23:53
Interesting
but what if you drop your ds into whatever your cooking
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 21, 2006 01:27
Nintendo made the DS right? Don' t you know Nintendo' s products are made to last forever? Just try putting your DS in a saucepan full with boiling water and you' ll see how great it is.... please do it.

Honestly, it shouldn' t be a problem. At the conference Iwata said that you' ll be talking to the DS when you need further instructions which means that you won' t necessary have to hold it in you hand as you cook. Just shout at it and you' ll get the info you need. Isn' t that great .
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Jun 06 17:28:15 >
GamerManX

RE: Nintendo Co., Ltd. Corporate Management Policy Briefing VIDEO - Jun 21, 2006 03:06
I bet thatll be funny
especially when your parents need to use it

I can see my mom now*has daydream*

GamerMan' s Mom:DS what to do next?
Ds: Voice Recognition complete not gamermanX
GamerMan' s Mom:Im his mother!
Ds: Does not compute.
GamerMan' s Mom: Anthony get in here an work this thing!
Me:O.K.
Me: Ds power save on.
Ds: Affirmative ds cookbook shutting down.
GamerMan' s Mom:What happened?
Me: My battery died gotta go charge it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread