Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:01

The whole 5min long in-game trailer which someone plays is out on Marketplace.

Or can be DL at www.bioware.com
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:12
I don' t see how this laughs at wii or spits at Zelda. Explanation, Quez?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:13
Graphically it does, but Quez, ZTP and Mass Effect are both shooting for
different directions, gameplay-wise, Zelda Tp is probably a lot more fun than
Mass Effect, but graphics-wise Zelda TP loses...

But it' s all about the gameplay right? According to sources, ZELDA TP is quite fun I
hear...
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:13

ORIGINAL: He

I don' t see how this laughs at wii or spits at Zelda. Explanation, Quez?

He' s a fanboy - an Xbox fanboy specifically.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:16
...yes quez, the game looks absolutely stunning, buuuuuuuut:

Can it amuse nub female news-readers and your smelly 12 year old cousin for five minutes?....

....ha ha... ...gots you there, no?....
QuezcatoL

RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:17
I come from xbox land.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 08:29

Can it amuse nub female news-readers and your smelly 12 year old cousin for five minutes?....

....ha ha... ...gots you there, no?....

So freaking true! :P Great graphics though!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 09:38
The best news about ME I' ve heard is that you don' t have to be the ugly baldy guy there. You can customise your own character...appearance as well as attitude I suppose, which is cool.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 10:13

Graphically it does, but Quez, ZTP and Mass Effect are both shooting for
different directions, gameplay-wise, Zelda Tp is probably a lot more fun than
Mass Effect, but graphics-wise Zelda TP loses...

This entire thread is another example of raging fanboyism as Mass Effect really has nothign to do with Zelda. Sometimes I think he does it on purpose as a source of irony... Regardless, aside from the obvious graphical difference Mass Effect will have far more depth and much more fun (for my tastes) than any GameCube port. I loved Kotor I and II and seeing Mass Effect is like watching the spiritual successor without the nerdy Star Wars undertones. I' ll probably have more fun just choosing my character in Mass Effect than I will playing the entire 70 hour game of the new Zelda. There are a few reasons why I jumped on the 360 and ME is at the top of the list (third actually).

Nintendo wasn' t going anywhere with the new Zelda on Wii, it' s just a port from a last gen console. So saying that they were going for fun as opposed to what Mass Effect is going for...no. Mass Effect will rape any Wii game. It' s not even about graphics its about gameplay. We all have a fondness for our little metrosexual elf but Zelda hasn' t really evolved much. I like to call it legacy gameplay, we love it because we loved it. If the 360 came out with the exact same game supped up graphics only with a different character instead of Link, that game wouldn' t sell 50 000 copies. People love Link Sonic and Mario, we are a generation raised by videogame characters and those are our parents. Link Sonic and Mario all haven' t been in a game with innovative gameplay since their first debut over ten years ago. Rehash over rehash... that' s all it is.

First of all I hate platformers and adventure games, mindless dribble suitable for an autistic child. No such game could ever amount to the scope that mass Effect will attain.

Mass Effect is like an Astronaut reaching for new heights, a pioneer risking his ass for the human race.

These Mascot type games are like the 40 year old virgin working at Burger King flipping burgers, just rehashing the same shit.

Don' t get me wrong, I think Wii is good for several reasons, but Zelda, Mario are not those reasons, neither is the " innovative" wiimote part of what makes Wii a passable console. The thing that makes Wii so great is its price, it' s availability and it' s accessibility for the devs. Because Wii is going to be popular and making games for it will be much cheaper and easier then the competition. Wii will attract a lot more developers than Gamecube ever did, especially the smaller creative producers/developers that cannot compete on 360 and PS3 with the big boys. Wii is a perfect suplementary console as well as an excellent choice to new gamers. But Zelda will not be more fun then Mass Effect. I' ll invent a way to measure fun if I have to in order to prove my point....
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 9 Dec 06 2:19:59 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 11:46
Looks cool.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 13:22
If Quez hadn' t used a cute goblin thing as his avatar, he' d prolly not get away with alot of things with his misguided fanboyism...

Like comparing two completely different games, genres, direction, together.

nub female news-readers

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 17:52
It looks cool, and too me it will be cooler than Zelda, Id rahter have had a WW follow up than what TP is! I like the style and light heartiness of WW. and the clothing isnt as silly in that game!
QuezcatoL

RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 18:02

If Quez hadn' t used a cute goblin thing as his avatar, he' d prolly not get away with alot of things with his misguided fanboyism...

And if you wasn' t a asian girl... then.

Well lets leave it at that.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 09, 2006 23:42
I am not convinced on the gameplay.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 10, 2006 01:08
topic title is just silly, but yeah this game is gonna be killer sweet! One of the best looking games allready, its Bioware so its gonna have a great story and the gameplay looks class.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 10, 2006 01:30
Lol this thread is so uncertain, so unconfident, So Xboxyde!!

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 10, 2006 06:30

nub female news-readers

horny south-east Asian girls

...better?...

Agent Ghost

RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 10, 2006 14:11
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 10, 2006 16:36

This entire thread is another example of raging fanboyism as Mass Effect really has nothign to do with Zelda. Sometimes I think he does it on purpose as a source of irony... Regardless, aside from the obvious graphical difference Mass Effect will have far more depth and much more fun (for my tastes) than any GameCube port. I loved Kotor I and II and seeing Mass Effect is like watching the spiritual successor without the nerdy Star Wars undertones. I' ll probably have more fun just choosing my character in Mass Effect than I will playing the entire 70 hour game of the new Zelda. There are a few reasons why I jumped on the 360 and ME is at the top of the list (third actually).

Nintendo wasn' t going anywhere with the new Zelda on Wii, it' s just a port from a last gen console. So saying that they were going for fun as opposed to what Mass Effect is going for...no. Mass Effect will rape any Wii game. It' s not even about graphics its about gameplay. We all have a fondness for our little metrosexual elf but Zelda hasn' t really evolved much. I like to call it legacy gameplay, we love it because we loved it. If the 360 came out with the exact same game supped up graphics only with a different character instead of Link, that game wouldn' t sell 50 000 copies. People love Link Sonic and Mario, we are a generation raised by videogame characters and those are our parents. Link Sonic and Mario all haven' t been in a game with innovative gameplay since their first debut over ten years ago. Rehash over rehash... that' s all it is.

First of all I hate platformers and adventure games, mindless dribble suitable for an autistic child. No such game could ever amount to the scope that mass Effect will attain.

Mass Effect is like an Astronaut reaching for new heights, a pioneer risking his ass for the human race.

These Mascot type games are like the 40 year old virgin working at Burger King flipping burgers, just rehashing the same shit.

Don' t get me wrong, I think Wii is good for several reasons, but Zelda, Mario are not those reasons, neither is the " innovative" wiimote part of what makes Wii a passable console. The thing that makes Wii so great is its price, it' s availability and it' s accessibility for the devs. Because Wii is going to be popular and making games for it will be much cheaper and easier then the competition. Wii will attract a lot more developers than Gamecube ever did, especially the smaller creative producers/developers that cannot compete on 360 and PS3 with the big boys. Wii is a perfect suplementary console as well as an excellent choice to new gamers. But Zelda will not be more fun then Mass Effect. I' ll invent a way to measure fun if I have to in order to prove my point....

Somebody needs to Borrow a Wii, a component Cable, a copy of Zelda:TP and have 1 night to play abit of it.. he' ll then realise how freakin stupid that post was..
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 10 Dec 06 8:39:44 >
Agent Ghost

RE: New Mass Effect trailers laugh at wii,it spits on ZTP. - Dec 10, 2006 16:57
I' ll buy a wii soon enough...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages