Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Dreamcast game announced!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 10, 2005 18:27
Taken from Magic Box:

- Dreamcast still lives! MileStone announced they will release a Dreamcast shooter Radilgy in Japan on February 16, 2006, for 10000 yen. The game will be sold at the Sega Direct online store in Japan.

Haha! I was wondering when MileStone would release another shooter for the Dreamcast. Chaos Field was kind of interesting but I always felt they could have done better...

Radilgy looks a bit more stylish than Chaos Field, and a lot more fun, albeit a good deal easier from the gameplay videos in the link below.

http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/radirgy/radi_download.aspx

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 10, 2005 18:40
Huh that' s kind of surprising. Although I always belived that game developer should try and make a few games for older consoles. They would be cheap to develop and the competition would be non existant, the only problem is that retailers would not want to sacrifice the shelf space for older games.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 10, 2005 18:43
A cell-shaded vertical shooter? Looks interesting. How much is 10,000 yen in USD? Like $50? Unfortunately the ONLY thing they make for the Dreamcast anymore are vertcal shooters which do not take up the entire screen. I want to see a 16:9 horizontal shooter. That would be mindblowing!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 11, 2005 04:28
yeah it sux to have 1/3 of your wide TV filled with picture :)
Joe Redifer

RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 11, 2005 11:24
Ha ha! You know what would be cool? A 3 player vertical shooter, in widescreen! Each player gets 100% resolution of a pillarboxed vertical shooter, all side by side. I don' t think any system could handle this without massive slowdown, though. Not even the Genesis.
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 11, 2005 13:53
Even better ikaruga style game where all 3 players have different color/power and work in cooperation each on his own path (filling 1/3 of the screen but connected to others)- one clears path for the other and so on - imagine the boss fights where 3 players need to cooperate using their uniqe powers.

:)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 11 Dec 05 21:54:19 >
Joe Redifer

RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 11, 2005 16:44
That would be just too cool. Too bad I don' t have 2 friends!
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Dreamcast game announced! - Dec 12, 2005 06:40
Having 2 friends is nothing comparing to having 2 friends who' ll play oldschool shooter with you:)

I wonder why all those stupid morons called game developers don' t have ideas like that.

So many people dream about this job ...don' t they appreciate it?
Who says " hey lets make another not to good shooter but this time let' s make it in cell shading" .

I don' t get it how after game like Ikaruga , they still make crap and go back 3-5 years in design :)

WHY WHY WHY?!?!

SUX

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread