Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My half-assed thoughts on SAW
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
My half-assed thoughts on SAW - Oct 31, 2004 05:37
This was one helluva good independent film. In the beginning I thought " O no this isnt gonna be as good as I thought, just a gore flick with no story!" *** was I beyond wrong. As the movie progressed the story became extremely good. And the twists had you guessing to the end...which by the way was a damn good ending as well. This movie isnt for everyone of course but none the less I suggest every1 give it at least one lil peek.

8.5/10

(+)Great plot and nice twists

(+-)decent acting (but a lil below avg at some parts, but the insanity was very well displayed)

(-)At some points yer gonna say " SHOOT THE MUTHER ***ER, DONT GIVE HIM A CHANCE!"

(+)When you get to the end, the phrase above will soon chaneg to " DAMN GOOD THING THEY DIDNT SHOOT' M" (another + for the good twists in the story basically)

< Message edited by Mass X -- 10/31/2004 5:38:04 AM >
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: My half-assed thoughts on SAW - Oct 31, 2004 22:29
Darn I should have seen that instead of spending on food...
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: My half-assed thoughts on SAW - Nov 01, 2004 04:35
I don' t know...I wouldn' t rate it that high myself. The movie was really good for about the first hour or so. Then, however, it fell apart rather fast as the limits of the actor' s range of emotions were revealed. I, and many of the people in the theatre, found ourselves laughing until tears filled our eyes at the quote, " I don' t tell lies" .
Mass X

RE: My half-assed thoughts on SAW - Nov 01, 2004 05:58
I mostly just compared it to other independent and low budget flicks. I thought the oppisite i thought the begining wasn' t that good, but it improved as insanity set in as apprent at the end where the Dr.s acting certainly showed signs of being a decent actor.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: My half-assed thoughts on SAW - Nov 01, 2004 21:46
I heard that the film was pretty lacking. I might check it out as a rental, but I am not too sure. MassX, your' s was the first good report i have heard.
Mass X

RE: My half-assed thoughts on SAW - Nov 01, 2004 22:15
Really? Avg critic review came to about a B or B-.
And then I looked up a few sites that ppl revie at and it cam eout to an avg of a B.

Its a real good movie if you liek suspence and mystery. It' s not a horror flick like its being advertised to be.

< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/1/2004 10:17:37 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message