Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My Fear Review
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
My Fear Review - Aug 27, 2006 10:22
Right I just completed the pc game, and its solid, but nothing fantastic.

I especially loved the 5 second ending

anyway, just in case you are wonderin if you should get this game, its a standard shooter the whole way through, with nothing that you havent seen before [unless you consider ' slowmo' innovation]. Sound pretty crap right now ant it? but one thing that I really like about it is the horror flashs, they rock, some neat tricks are used give it a real horror felling, alltough the game isnt really a horror, often using cheap ' jump in front of the screen' stuff to scare you. At one point at the end, the single most impressive part, is a massive explosion, ever see Terminator 2? where your one had a dream about a nuke going off in the city and the blast wave comeing right to her?, well its excatly like that, and it rocked, just looked awesome.

The story, was unimpressive, I guessed what happened at the end after 30mins of playing it. Its pretty much leave your brain at the door kind of stuff, no particularly hard puzzles [I think i met one...] its a pure blaster from start to finsh, and is fun. Alltough it does get a tad boring, more variety would have been very much welcome.

The graphics look great, I played it on a 6600gt,1gb,3200+ computer and got 40-60fps, which made it a joy to play.

I recomend a ' borrow' or a ' rent' , but i wouldnt have spent full price for this game, even though it is very solid.

I expect the 360/Ps3 to be pretty much the same.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: My Fear Review - Aug 27, 2006 12:06
You cant rent PC games, maybe reccomend getting a Demo?

LOL @ this guy.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 27 Aug 06 4:06:36 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: My Fear Review - Aug 27, 2006 13:35
I loved this game nver played anything like it way better than doom 3 and quake 4 what diffulcult did you play it on ..

Oh yeah to make this game better try playing this on some 5.1 Surround sound man it will blow your mind
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: My Fear Review - Aug 27, 2006 17:58
I sample the demo from OXBM (Official Xbox Magazine) and in terms of graphic it was pretty much PC ported, and the gameplay is pretty much the same, I have already played the PC version, and there for will not be wasting $50-60 bucks on a next-gen platform release, beside I didn' t complete the PC version yet, because I waste all my play time on PS2/360, so there for the game is alright.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: My Fear Review - Aug 27, 2006 19:17
I trashed the demo but loved the game.
The horror really kicked ass in this game,which i doesnt like otherwise.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: My Fear Review - Aug 27, 2006 22:49

You cant rent PC games, maybe reccomend getting a Demo?

LOL @ this guy.

I meant when the game comes to 360/ps3 to give it a rent.

try playing this on some 5.1 Surround sound man it will blow your mind

I did play it on 5.1, well very cheap ass 5.1 maybe thats why i didnt notice it too much.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 27 Aug 06 14:51:18 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message