Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Motorstorm or Flatout?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Motorstorm or Flatout? - Mar 20, 2007 00:51
The thing is before Motorstorm there was Flatout. An offroad racing game with changes made each lap, ragdoll drivers, and highly smashable cars. That was years ago. The sequal was more of the same but added city locales as well. Now with a next gen version built from the ground up do you think it will have direct competition with Motorstorm? It is essentially the same thing. The 2 differences are that Motorstorm stays offroad and offer 2 wheeled vehicles as well where as Flatout has more variety in tracks but limited to 4 wheeled cars only.

Not to many details are out yet on the next Flatout so Im just comparing the previous games right now. But giving that knowledge you can only expect the next one to add more. Plus the ragdoll olympics :).

Anyhow In my opinion I think it could easily trounce Motorstorm. But the Flatout series was never shown much love so it may go under the radar again.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Motorstorm or Flatout? - Mar 20, 2007 01:21
Motosorm man its has some pretty massive boards it great man You will love it.
I haven' t played fallout but I own Motostorm and its the most fun I have every had in a raceing going off road is just way to cool.

But hey fallout may bring something new to the table well see.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Motorstorm or Flatout? - Mar 20, 2007 05:03
I' ve thought about Flatout from time to time while playing motorstorm because they do share a lot of similarities. The thing is, Motorstorm is much more a racing game. The computer does ram you, but not nearly as much in flatout, and they don' t roam in gangs of 4 or 5 just to take you down. The driving physics are also much better and promote better lines.

Motorstorm also has huge tracks with so many routes in it that you could take an almost endless number of routes through the track. Flatout had a few on each track, but nothing like this.

Futhermore, there are many more vehicles, and the only ones that people will actually fly in the air after crashing are motorcycles and ATV' s. That said, their are no full on ragdoll' s in Motorstorm. They have a decent semblance of a skeletal structure, so they don' t flop around wildly. The limbs have resistance, and return to more natural positions mid air instead of flailing about. It' s overall a much better looking feature.

All in all, they share similarities based more on the fact that they are both off-road racers than anything. It is clear both have different visions for an offroad racing game. I look forward to Flatout 3, but I hope they do a better job of the physics and AI aspects.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Motorstorm or Flatout? - Mar 20, 2007 05:14
Scenery Images with comparison shots to Flatout 2
Plus many more screenshots in the gallery. Bug Bear certainly got some talent. But Im curious now as to how it willhandle. With all that purdyness theirs gotta be a sacrafice somwhere right?

And my mistake its not multiplatform but a 360 exclusive.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Mar 07 21:18:55 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Motorstorm or Flatout? - Mar 20, 2007 06:03
They' ve definitely upped the eyecandy in this one. The first time I crashed in Flatout, I was in fits and hysterics!

But I suppose Motorstorm has a lot more riding on it than Flatout being a system seller and all, so I expect it to be a much more polished affair.

Ragdoll olympics is awesome though!
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Motorstorm or Flatout? - Mar 20, 2007 06:28
MotorStorm is by far the best console game i have played in this next generation, i´ve heard alot of bitching about the AI but thats just because its too good. the most amazing visuals, great gameplay, the most impressive ragdolls and phisics in any videogame to date, the only downer is the small amount of tracks and modes.

take a look at this interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17735&type=wmv&pl=game

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread