Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 03, 2007 16:38
http://www.360style.net/news136.aspx

At least they are trying to address the problem, even if they won' t admit that there is something fundamentally wrong. When game discs are cracking for no apparent reason something is fucked up somewhere. The 20$ fee is bullshit, this should be free. I lost Gears, COD2 and Oblivion because they all cracked. I don' t want to pay 70 dollars for games I already paid for. Fuckers.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 3 Apr 07 8:39:06 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 04, 2007 00:09
My faltmates Saints Row disc broke for no reason, no cracks or anything. Good times.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 04, 2007 04:45
I could re-purchase CoD:2 for 20 bucks. The only thing they should be charging is shipping. There was a fundamental problem with the disks with hairline cracks, it' s not like we got them from abusing the disks. They screwed up and are now trying to pawn a couple bucks off of us to remake a disk that cost around 50c in the first place.

This whole thing does give me a good idea though.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 04, 2007 05:02

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I lost Gears, COD2 and Oblivion because they all cracked. I don' t want to pay 70 dollars for games I already paid for. Fuckers.

really??? wow, that has never happened to me or my brother, not once. but 20 bucks???
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 04, 2007 09:11
Just mod your 360' s drive to read DVD-Rs.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 04, 2007 10:36
Teamxbox
^Different program?^
A few MS published games will be replaced with no fee.

I must be lucky with my consoles or somthing. I cant recall disc scratching, system crashing or anything of the sorts. Tho my 1st 360 broke but that wa smy own fault to be honest.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 4 Apr 07 2:37:52 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 04, 2007 12:16

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Teamxbox
^Different program?^
A few MS published games will be replaced with no fee.

I must be lucky with my consoles or somthing. I cant recall disc scratching, system crashing or anything of the sorts. Tho my 1st 360 broke but that wa smy own fault to be honest.

It' s the same program.

I' m sure most people are the same. None of my discs have been broken, scratched or cracked. Granted, there may be a problem with a few people but I hardly think it' s a massive problem.

For those people who move their 360 around while it is on, then complain that their 360 broke their discs, all I can say is that they' re retards. If I shake my PC up and down while it' s on of course its going to fuck up.

I shouldn' t be suprised though. I do casual work in a video rental store. We recently got in a few PS3 games. After the first hire, Motorstorm had a massive scratch mark on it, and Def Jam Icon had teeth marks on it! I have no idea what people do with discs but I have to say there are quite a few unbelievably stupid people out there. I' ve seen a lot DVD' s go out perfect and come back looking like they' ve been dragged along the pavement. Perhaps there should be compulsory lessons in disc handling for everyone these days.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 4 Apr 07 4:21:47 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 05, 2007 06:22

Doesnt the 360 already play DVD Rs? Mine does... is mine the 360 messiah???
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 05, 2007 06:52
Illegal 360 backups. Sure you could flash your drive, but if you' re lucky enough not to be instantly banned from Xbox Live, there' s the chance that they' ll catch you sometime else. Not worth the risk. And by the by, the official statement from microsoft is as follows:

" This program only applies to games where Microsoft is the publisher, and is subject to availability. To check and see if your game is available for replacement, please review which Microsoft products currently fall under this program here. Link to Game List Page

You will need to print and complete the program form.
Once the products have been received by Microsoft, please allow four to six weeks for delivery.

The following game titles are currently available for this program:
Crackdown, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Gears Of War, Halo 2, Kameo: Elements of Power, Ninety Nine Nights, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3, Viva Piñata, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1"

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 05, 2007 12:42
no, iv never been banned from live, but i swear my 360 can play DVD R' s and iv never done anything to it. Just the other week i burned Epic movie(unforunatley) and it worked just fine. Am i missing something?... Are you talking about games burned on DVD R' s? I feelzzz like a teh nubzzzzzz
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 05, 2007 12:45

a teh nubzzzzzz

Yes, he is talking about games burnt on DVD-R' s. I have been playing burnt movies on all sorts of DVD players for years and years . The ps2 and ps3 also play them, I would imagine my old xbox would too, but for some reason I have never tried.

Burnt games are another story though. I broke one ps2 trying to mod chip it for that, and with the ps3 I' m not even considering such a thing.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 05, 2007 14:59

It' s tempting. I' ll tell you that much. I seriously doubt they could know that you Xbox has been modded through the Live service. Even if I was banned, fuck ' em. I' ll just turn around and buy a PS3.

I probably won' t mod it though. Not because I' m scared of being banned from Live, and not because I have any moral problem with ripping off the corporation that just replaced the defective console that I bought with another defective console that eats my games. The reason I won' t mod my console is simply because I' m a lazy bastard, the 360 has a few safeguards that would make that sort of modification a bit fustrating.

On the other hand I probably will mod my Wii (if I get one). I have no reason to buy one otherwise. 280$ for a gameCube, fuck off Nintendo. I' ll still pay for the games that are worth buying, the games that I would buy if I didn' t have a modded console but that' s like two games.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Apr 07 7:01:21 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: MS will replace your damaged disc for a fee - Apr 06, 2007 23:51

It' s tempting. I' ll tell you that much. I seriously doubt they could know that you Xbox has been modded through the Live service.
I' ve seen it done. Although the new switchable stealth-chips are supposed to be nigh' uncatchable.

The reason I won' t mod my console is simply because I' m a lazy bastard, the 360 has a few safeguards that would make that sort of modification a bit fustrating.
?? I don' t follow.

On the other hand I probably will mod my Wii (if I get one). I have no reason to buy one otherwise.
Think of it this way, you' ll never have to worry about getting banned from playing online!

I think I' ll be casemodding & chipping in one fell swoop this time. My consoles are MIA for months at a time when I do ' em separately. Something did strike me as interesting though, there' s no warranty sticker on the Wii, just the funny triwing screws.

hehehehehe-hahahahaha-mwwahhhahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll