Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS about to hit a knock out punch?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:03
1 announcement down..1 to go and it could just be this...

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/req_support_detail.php?product=275%2C13%2CGrand+Theft+Auto+IV%2CXbox_360%2CRockstar_Games%2Cgta4&submit=Submit

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/

what do those 2 links show? GTAIV and no mention of the PS3 in site.
< Message edited by Dead Saint -- 28 Mar 07 14:21:54 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:14
I think you' re jumping to conclusions. All I know is that tomorrow we' ll see the trailer.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:16
Sony did say they didn' t need GTA, and Microsoft did express interest in buying Rockstar last week.
Dead Saint

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:20
I laughed when sony said that, seeing as GTAIII really kicked off the success of the PS2.

About the trailer,

The official trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV is only a few days away as of this writing, and publisher Rockstar has promised that it won' t just be some infuriatingly quick teaser. Instead, it' ll offer up the first substantial look into what the game is all about, and internet speculation over what that might be has kicked the rumor mill into high gear.
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/gam...13153735796095
Nitro

Nitro

Nitro

Dead Saint

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:32
good find...oh well.
Nitro

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:33
The Xbox 360 link sees to be the only one where the image shows though.

We' ll know tomorrow.
Dead Saint

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 22:39
Wont they make the announcement later today in the US? so around 5 tomorrow morning in the UK.
Nitro

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 28, 2007 23:06
Dunno. I' ve spent the last couple of hours slating a comment by Brian Hastings, Chief Creative Officer at Insomniac so i' m out of the loop today. I don' t know what time the announcements are, but i guess for me it' ll be tomorrow...
Dead Saint

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 01:45
Yeah i think its this evening in the US and early morning in the UK.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 06:00
I dont know, theres part of me that thinks Rockstar will put it on ps3 just to make a few extra bucks, but then again the way sony' s been treating them and the fact that at E3 or where ever it was announced, he had a GTA IV tatoo instead of something like halo 3 or Gears or anything like that
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 07:15

Platform: Nitro

GTA DS... now there' s a thought...

Sorry, I' m being a smartass today.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 07:23
You' re pretty fucking stupid if you think GTA is going to have the same impact now as it did in 2001.

Back then there was nothing like it and was " groundbreaking" (although it never appealed to me, but it does to the dumb fuck teenagers that help boost sales) now the market is flooded with these types of games and it' s foolish to expect GTA4 to perform as well.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 07:45

flooded with these types of games and it' s foolish to expect GTA4 to perform as well.

Oh will you stop it with your silly Mr.T impression?

' flooded with these types of games' . In that case, with the sheer amount of JRPGs, why is that Final Fantasy still stands out and sells millions every single time they put one out?

With the amount of action adventure titles, why does God of War stand out and become a blockbuster hit?

Because being in the same genre doesn' t mean they' re the same game, dull. Because the games have quality and they have features which set them apart from the other games in the genre.

Only a pure, certified moron with zero ability to discern quality games would make a poor, silly, and baseless opinion like yours.

But that' s what we' ve come to expect of you, haven' t we Evil Man?

It' s time for you to go again. Now you' re just plain annoying and yelping like the kid brother that tags along and complains all the way

ut it does to the dumb fuck teenagers that help boost sales

Ironically, you' re doing a pretty good impression of one You should teach!
< Message edited by Byakko -- 28 Mar 07 23:45:49 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 07:51
You' re a moron.

Flooded with Final Fantasy clones? And how many of those sold well. Oh, that' s right none, because they are all garbage compared to the real thing.

On the other hand there are many games that are as " good" as GTA and sell well, because GTA has no substance, it' s selling point isn' t gameplay it is the violence, so it takes very little effort for a game in the same genre to surpass GTA.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 28 Mar 07 23:52:47 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 08:00

You' re a moron.

Oh you sad little boy with the grade school vocabulary.

Flooded with Final Fantasy clones? And how many of those sold well. Oh, that' s right none, because they are all garbage compared to the real thing.

Dragon Quest alone matches Final Fantasy in terms of sales (in Japan, it surpasses it) and gameplay. The Tales series isn' t spectacular but they make good money. The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series with its avant garde story and art style also does very well. The Suikoden series have started to revisit its roots in large-scale strategic battles and continues to do well enough. The Shadow Hearts series is also excellent.

I could go on, but apparently, I just effectively ' pwned' you. Don' t mess with someone who actually plays JRPGs.

many games that are as " good" as GTA, because GTA has no substance

If you are going to quote Just Cause; wow, you are so sad. Just Cause only had one thing going for it. It' s grappling gun, which didn' t work on ALL objects except vehicles. The rest of the game was a near random but fun mess.

Saints Row comes close to GTA standard because it was basically a GTA clone with Next-Gen fixings. However, it loses out in story and the overall world concept compared to GTA. It did however, have excellent on-foot aiming.

it' s selling point isn' t gameplay it is the violence

I don' t dispute that violence and lots of it help to sell GTA. However, if GTA III hadn' t employed the revolutionary ' sandbox' style of gameplay, which basically helped GTA created its own genre of the open-world concept, it would' ve been just another gangster game; or at least the first in many.

However, violence also exists in God of War, in a much greater dose as it is. Does that make it a bad game? Or simply a violent one that' s extremely good?

In that case, isn' t it the same with the GTA series?
Nitro

RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 08:49
The market is hardly flooded, but i think the sequel to Saint Row will give GTAIV a run for it' s money.

Not only did Saints Row successfully copy everything that made the GTA games a success but it improved on many aspects of the general game design too. It was far from being perfect but the sequel will obviously bring more refinements.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MS about to hit a knock out punch? - Mar 29, 2007 09:37

The market is hardly flooded, but i think the sequel to Saint Row will give GTAIV a run for it' s money.

Not only did Saints Row successfully copy everything that made the GTA games a success but it improved on many aspects of the general game design too. It was far from being perfect but the sequel will obviously bring more refinements.

I was pretty impressed by the display of retardation Evil Man has mastered in this thread but what you just said is actually dumber. I' m not surprised someone said it, I' m just surprised you said it. Maybe you' re having an off day so I can forget about it. I' m still going to say why it was stupid because if I keep this in I' m going to have to break something.

I have to ask. You realize that GTA III is a PS2 game right? I hate when people compare games over 5 years old from a different generation with current games. It' s just like these assholes who compare the newest FPS' s with Halo. Halo and GTA III were both revolutionary games even if you didn' t like them. Some people are completely unable to put games into context. Saits Row didn' t even do that well, it fucking sucks actually. People only bought it to hold them off ' till GTA4. No one cares about SR2, infact unless they release the game before GTA4 they' ll be shit out of luck. No one will even notice the knockoffs after GTA4 comes out.

I don' t know what GTA 4 is going to look like yet (tomorrow) but I know that if there is going to be a game that beats it, Saints Row 2 won' t be the game.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message