Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 09:11
As we all know Obisidan comment for some months ago that the ywasn' t allowed to dev kotor3,bioware refused to commen why they didnt make it.But look here i think i know why now.

Lucasarts Nancy MacIntyre did a interview with business week recently saying this

" We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises."

To sum it up,Bioware and obisidan statue makes the only 2 good Star wars games,and lucas arts refuse to let the dev the sequals,thus not having to pay those dev and gonna sell on its name.
Remember Bioware themself said Lucas arts changed and cutted their game a lot.
So who of us is gonna fall for this and buy kotor3?
and not the upcoming kick ass Mass effect.

Smells like EA move,hire some of the best dev,let them do a AAA title,fire them and handle all the sequals and milk it.

Linky

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/nov2006/id20061122_709907.htm?chan=innovation_game+room_top+stories
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 Nov 06 1:23:24 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 10:01
There' s nothing negative or " EA like" in that article at all.

Lucas Arts have the right to do with whatever they want with the IP of Star Wars. Going by what was said in that article, they' re trying to go for quality rather than quantity. Which is a good thing.

Besides, since when has the Star Wars franchise never been milked? It' s probably the most milked franchise in human history.

Pretty much everything you said is nothing more than speculation and propaganda. Just because one of your favorite devs may not be creating KOTOR 3 doesn' t mean it' s instantly going to be crap either.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 10:18
I agree with what you said Unlucky but I would still rather see Obsidian develop this one. Kotor is too important to let incompetence touch it. Lucas arts is a mediocre developer/publisher that operates in order to make the most money Obsidian was constructed by industry vets and their mission has always been quality above anything else and it shows. Although I said the same thing when Obsidian developed Kotor II as opposed to Bioware...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 10:25

Besides, since when has the Star Wars franchise never been milked? It' s probably the most milked franchise in human history.

So very true. I think it isn' t a bad move, it does allow for them to make sure it is polished. Though KOTOR was the most succesful Star Wars IP next to Dark Forces I think Lucas Arts wants to make sure it doesn' t follow in Dark Forces' footsteps.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 17:08
´Wish obsidian had the Fallout franchise :S but id like to see obsidian do something original too!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 23:09
Unluckyone you' re far off now.

You gonna call KOTOR 1 or KOTOR 2 not quality?

They fired the dev behind those to make what?

Quality?

Lucas arts are medicore dev,kotor 3 might sux,and even if it does,they gonna dev it.

No way is kotor 3 gonna be a AAA title compared t owhat MAss effect will be.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 29, 2006 23:21
Just look at the people who work at Lucas Arts though...

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 30, 2006 02:45
Lucas arts couldn' t dev a decent game at the moment even if it were already written for them, just look at Empire at war bug laden and a very flimsy storyline. Obsidian and Bioware should be allowed to continue with KOTOR.

Majik that isn' t the proggy team from Lucas Arts...they are far too old

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lucas arts did a EA move,shame on them! - Nov 30, 2006 04:45

Just because one of your favorite devs may not be creating KOTOR 3 doesn' t mean it' s instantly going to be crap either.
Right! Call of Duty: 3 wasn' t developed by Infinity Ward, and it didn' t turn out to be--- Wait no, um, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel wasn' t developed by Interplay, and it was still---Hang on! I' ve got one, I swear!

AHA!!!

Proof that a good game can be farmed out to a different developer, and still come out okay.

What am I doing with my life!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 29 Nov 06 20:46:24 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread