Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 18, 2004 13:27
My fiancee was looking through the local newspaper, when she came across the Sears ad showing a special sale from 7 a.m. to noon on Saturday, 20 November 2004.

Check your local Sears ad to see if this sale will be in your area!

In this ad, there were pictures of games for the Gamecube, PS2, and XBOX that were priced at $4.99!!!

Though the listing states that the games may vary from store to store, here are the games that they showed (by platform):

Gamecube:
1) Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly
2) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
3) DragonBallZ (not sure which one)

Playtstation 2:
1) Ace Combat 5
2) Tekken (not sure which one)
3) Pacman Fever

XBOX:
1) Armed and Dangerous
2) Unreal Championship
3) Legends of Wrestling

This would be a great way for someone to build their library!

I' ve researched the XBOX game, Armed and Dangerous, and have decided to purchase this game...looks and sounds awesome!!!

I will be keeping my eyes open for other games being offered...small gaming budget = low-cost purchases (or nothing).

If any of you folks see any sales like this, let us all know...all of us could use more games for our libraries.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/18/2004 2:26:28 PM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 18, 2004 14:25
Armed and Dangerous is friggin hilarious. Its mostly a run and gun style but the cutscenes will have you laughing for hours. Soming that couldve made it a lil better tho wouldve been multiplayer and ability to control the other characters. But overall the game is beyond fun.

DaRoosh65

RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 18, 2004 14:27
Have you played the more difficult levels yet?

I hear they can be quite overwhelming...just they way I like it!
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 19, 2004 05:38
If you live in the UK and get the latest games for £20 go to www.game.net they sell a latest title for only £20 every week. This week was second sight for PS2
< Message edited by Vincent Cook -- 11/19/2004 5:39:00 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 19, 2004 06:38
The brand new Ace Combat 5 is a misprint. You should take advantage of it anyway, because the clerks are likely to be morons. But be sure to take the ad in with you!!

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/19/2004 6:38:44 AM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 22, 2004 12:34
I was wondering about that...seemed a little strange to have a newer title for such a ridiculus price.

You' re right, Joe, they were morons! They couldn' t even tell me where the sale-priced games were located...another customer had to tell me.

I finally decided to purchase:
1) Armed and Dangerous - pretty good game with funny cutscenes...I like to shoot up everything! Especially when I get to use the higher-powered machine-guns!!!
2) Legends of Wrestling - purchased this title for my daughter...she really likes fighting/wrestling games, and this is a way for us to spend more time together. Have to admit, this is not a bad game...

DaRoosh65

RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 22, 2004 13:24
Toys-R-Us has a $5 off for games $19.99 (or less).

I got Soul Calibur 2 and the Sonic Mega Collection Plus for $14.99 each (taxes not included).

All of the ' Platinum Hits' titles apply, as well as a few others that were either introduced at, or reduced to, $19.99 (or less).

Turok was priced at just a little over $5! The sale price would then be under $1!!! You can' t go wrong for that price!

As far as I can tell, the sale is still going on...I was there just yesterday (Sunday, 21 November 2004).
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/22/2004 1:25:31 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 22, 2004 17:01
I' m pretty sure they meant Ace Combat 4, not AC 5.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Low-Priced Games' Sale!!! All Three Major Platforms!!! - Nov 22, 2004 17:11
I like the thing Target was doing or may still be doing. All new releases you get a $10 gift certificate which can be used for the purchase or saved for later. It also applied to Halo 2 reserved or not. Also had I waited one more day I wouldve gotten an additional 5 dollars more off, but I didnt know that on Nov. 9. Still tho, Halo 2 C.E. for $45 wasnt a bad deal. Dunno if it was just the local Targets or all of them buts a decent deal.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll