Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 08:20
I can' t figure out why...this might be viral marketing, or just sponsership...but near the end of the 2nd webisode for Lost Planet as it flashes to the Title of the game this url comes up: http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 08:34

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

I can' t figure out why...this might be viral marketing, or just sponsership...but near the end of the 2nd webisode for Lost Planet as it flashes to the Title of the game this url comes up: http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/

Nice find dude. The website cetainly ain' t genuine. Teraforming, spaceflight, bipedal heavy-load work vehicles, the human genome and enhanced light weight weapon technology???

I think you' re spot on and it' s viral marketing.

I seriously loved the ilovebees campaign used to promote Halo 2 and the URL was featured at the end of promotional trailers. A coincidence?! Not a chance.

Anybody have any ideas where to start?!
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 08:47
�gtour�h and �gorbit�h

�g10�c9�c8�c7�c�h

�g5�c4�c3�c2�c1�h

�ggo�h

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 12:38

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

�gtour�h and �gorbit�h

�g10�c9�c8�c7�c�h

�g5�c4�c3�c2�c1�h

�ggo�h

What??

I' m scared and it' s an oddly hot night...
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 13:14
Intriguing stuff. Does anyone else know of this? Usually at the first hint of viral marketing most of the big websites are all over it. Perhaps you should let them know.
Alecrein

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 14:21
Yeah I first thought it was genuine...then was like " Terraforming...bullcrap this isn' t real" . Remember I think the tests have proven subtle images and words are caught by more by gamers than non-gamers.
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 16:16
�gtour�h and �gorbit�h

�g10�c9�c8�c7�c�h

�g5�c4�c3�c2�c1�h

�ggo�h

^^^ what does it mean? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??? WHAT DOES IT MEAN???????
Alecrein

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 16:40

�gtour�h and �gorbit�h

�g10�c9�c8�c7�c�h

�g5�c4�c3�c2�c1�h

�ggo�h

Hmm Satellite Position system?

You know it is a Global Orbit, the second and third line could be coordinates. The Fourth seems like a launch or activate sequence.
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 16:56

ORIGINAL: Alecrein

�gtour�h and �gorbit�h

�g10�c9�c8�c7�c�h

�g5�c4�c3�c2�c1�h

�ggo�h

Hmm Satellite Position system?

You know it is a Global Orbit, the second and third line could be coordinates. The Fourth seems like a launch or activate sequence.

It appears to be just a countdown.

See HERE

I think you actually got on to this before anybody else y' know. This has to be viral marketing and looks like the same kind of game that ilovebees became. It' s well timed too, days before PS3' s launch.

There are also rumors of Microsoft buying Capcom. See HERE

The rumor is in the newest issue of EGM...
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 17:09
Clearly, this is the fictional ' bad-guy corporation' who eventually created...global cooling aka Lost Planet' s frozen tundra

As one of the nation' s largest defense contractors, Neo Venus Construction Corporation has developed the next step in body armor, as well as better armament for vehicles and non-lethal weapons. We are also currently engaged in research to develop energy-based weapons and forward-moving concepts in range and accuracy.

No fun if things can' t DIE when you shoot them -.-

Some of the technical jargon feels so tacked on, it' s worse than in a Dilbert cartoon when the jargon is random on purpose!

Capcom has never been a first-party developer, not in its 27 years of existence.

MS buying Capcom, now that' s scary. Having Resi and DMC exclusive to the 360!?

Just HOW much are they buying them out with? The loss in potential earnings as a third-party developer must be enormous for Capcom...

I' m unsure about the limitations of first-party developers. Will Capcom be able to continue to publish their games on other consoles with its existing franchises/projects, or will MS control, literally all its activities?
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 17:15

ORIGINAL: Byakko

MS buying Capcom, now that' s scary. Having Resi and DMC exclusive to the 360!?

Just HOW much are they buying them out with? The loss in potential earnings as a third-party developer must be enormous for Capcom...

I' m unsure about the limitations of first-party developers. Will Capcom be able to continue to publish their games on other consoles with its existing franchises/projects, or will MS control, literally all its activities?

The odd thing about it is that Capcom isn' t just a developer. They' re also a publisher. Staff would leave and the games would probably suffer, although people would still buy them in huge numbers.

Microsoft could afford it and it' ll give them a boost in Japan but who knows. After the Rare acquisition and buying Lionhead Studios, i would put it past them.

It' s unlikely though.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 14, 2006 17:45
Just did a quick bit of snooping around. Couldn' t find anything interesting in the HTML script and the /images folder has just the usual stuff I think.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 14 Nov 06 9:48:25 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 15, 2006 00:03
Wait, hold on.

Capcom buying Microsoft??? (Oh, wait, it' s the other way around.)

Could this happen?? Well... Only if Capcom just need a bottomless wallet for
financial backing of many of their ambitious projects, and if the 360 becomes
a phenomenal success...
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 15, 2006 18:58
Check out this fucking monkey...

Recently on live Capcom released two ' cutscene' based trailers (think Dead Rising) for Lost Planet.

The trailer (the one that is not titled awakening) has a brief flash of what appears to be a URL.

Me (and my infinite logic) deduced something was up. At the final few seconds of the trailer a small flash occurs and a URL briefly flashes through. It' s impossible to detect at regular speed. I at first thought it was a flash of the lost planet official website URL, but upon further research (simply press pause during the moment the url flashed) I noticed this:

www.neovenusconstruction.com

...[:' (]

I fucking hate NeoGAF. The people who post there are complete fucktards. I mean...

I made this thread because I felt proud of myself, alright...okay...alright. I accomplished something. Clap for me.

...c' mon. It' s Alecrein that deserves the freaking credit for spotting this. 2 full days before this goon poached it from us.

C- Warrior is a fucking loser!
Alecrein

RE: Lost Planet Webisode #2 Secret - Nov 16, 2006 04:48
Ah they always are...I doubt this...

It' s impossible to detect at regular speed. I at first thought it was a flash of the lost planet official website URL,

The URL is much too long to be Lostplanet...that is what caught my eye...fucking morons :)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll