Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Looks Like Take-Two Is Going Deeper Into The Sports Genre...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Looks Like Take-Two Is Going Deeper Into The Sports Genre... - Dec 29, 2004 05:50
I first heard of Take-Two, when I played the XBOX title known as Serious Sam.

Recently, it was announced that Take-Two was taking over Visual Concepts.

Now, it appears that Take-Two is venturing very deeply into the sports genre despite EA' s aggressive move with their NFL exclusivity license agreement. With that in mind, it also appears that M$ is distancing itself from this very same genre.

Rather than rambling on, here' s the story.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/29/2004 6:49:41 AM >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Looks Like Take-Two Is Going Deeper Into The Sports Genre... - Dec 29, 2004 10:07
Take Two aren' t buying Visual Concepts or at least not yet. They currently have an option valid until March 2006 to buy the company along with all it' s franchises. Chances are if the price is right they' ll go ahead.

Interesting to see all the companies Take Two have just bought. Their profits are good atm so they can afford to buy them outright with equity which should mean they won' t end up like Eidos and Infogrames in the financial shitter after funding rapid expansion plans therough debt.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll