Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lan vs Online
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Lan vs Online - Aug 26, 2004 14:08
If you could only pick one, which would you rather have?

This applies to every type of online gaming imagineable, even MMORPG' s and poker.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Lan vs Online - Aug 26, 2004 15:04
I' ve never been into multiplayer gaming BUT if I HAD to choose one, I guess I' d go with Online gaming. DISTANCE gaming with no weirdos coming over to me humble home ;)

Plus I can pull the plug on an online game anytime I choose without having to hear lots of fuss and muss around me.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Lan vs Online - Aug 26, 2004 15:30
Both have their merits, but LAN playing does it for me. That' s ' cause cost is not so much an issue (with LAN, that is)...and the people are local (duh), so you could actually go to meet them for LAN parties and stuff like that...

Having the ability to play over distances is not such an attraction, but the year-long financial obligation for something like XBOX Live! can be a bit too much when you have a family to support.

Otherwise, I will just play by my lonesome, a co-worker, or with a neighbor friend (in the same room, on the same XBOX).

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Lan vs Online - Aug 27, 2004 00:26
I am currently working as a beta tester (we beta test really crappy computer games) and we have a mega LAN set up in the office, and it is super laggy. I think online owuld be better because that means I wouldn' t have to drive across town to work.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Lan vs Online - Aug 27, 2004 02:36
I like online and lan both so I guess I really can' t answer this question. They both have really great positives about them. There' s nothing like running into the connecting room to verbally assault your foe, but I do love my online matches.
X Cell

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Lan vs Online - Aug 27, 2004 18:09
Lan is good for if you have more than four friends and you want to play against them you can with lan, but online is good for if you don' t have many friends and you want to play against others. I give the nod to online

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll