Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Killzone - Aug 22, 2004 23:33
Hey PS2poo...give us an update on the Killzone beta your testing.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Killzone - Aug 24, 2004 00:01
well, I' m not really allowed to get TOO into the details, but since so many others have blabbed I think I can atleast say that the final game is going to be awesome!

If you' ve ever beta tested, you know that the beta is not always a great representation of the final product. So, all I will say is that there are some bugs that the developers have already come and explained to us in our beta forums. They have actually started names up just to answer our questions and they even play with us in the game

Even with a full room of 16 players, the game runs very smoothly. I was very surprised when we held a playstation underground forum game. Pretty much everyone in the room had an awesome ping.

The modes are very strategical and fun, as the whole game is more of a strategy-fps than a shoot-em-up. If you are more into a quake or unreal type of online fps, then this isn' t might not be your type of game
Soviet635

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Killzone - Aug 25, 2004 05:44
Since alot of people are itching to know,ill ask.How well does this stand up to Halo so far?Im really excited that PS2 will finally have a good FPS and i hope it does as good as the Big Fps names.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Killzone - Aug 25, 2004 14:25
Thanks PS2poo. I am definitely looking forward to this game' s release.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Killzone - Aug 25, 2004 14:29
I was watching some videos of it HERE, and I must say, my anticipation level dropped a couple notches.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Killzone - Aug 25, 2004 23:27

ORIGINAL: Soviet635

Since alot of people are itching to know,ill ask.How well does this stand up to Halo so far?Im really excited that PS2 will finally have a good FPS and i hope it does as good as the Big Fps names.

hahaha, I expected that question. I don' t really know how to compare it to halo, b/c they are honestly very different types of games. Halo is an all-out warzone in its multiplayer.

Killzone is more of a strategic mode-driven online game. While there is deathmatch and team deathmatch available to play, I stick to a little mode called Assault. The beta has some bugs and flaws, all of which are being corrected, so that makes it even harder to compare it to anything.

The game does run very well tho, and the reloading animations are seriously top-notch. There is sort of a gritty, old war movie filter that is used in it. It' s hard to really distinguish it, but it' s an awesome effect. I never noticed it when I had seen videos of the game. But to answer your question, the PS2 does finally have a good FPS.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll