Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Jaw meet floor...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
Jaw meet floor... - Jan 20, 2007 15:00
New The Crossing Footage...I want this game...it looks amazing (not graphically just gameplaywise)

Here it is
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Jaw meet floor... - Jan 20, 2007 21:51

In the simplest sense, story missions are single-player shooting with an exception: Naturally intelligent human opponents take the place of A.I. There are two types of players: Elites and skirmishers. Elites are gamers playing the game in story mode. They' re beefed up, heavily armored, and heavily armed. They have to be able to hold their own against a swarm of skirmish players. Skirmishers are gamers who typically play on multiplayer maps: well-trained, rank-and-file soldiers playing primarily to have some quick fun and increase their rank through defeating the occasional Elite. Skirmish players can also invade story maps and " possess" A.I.s ala Agent Smith in The Matrix.

full story

.....Very impressive to see a FPS Developer seriously trying to innovate gameplay rather than talking up the latest graphic card.... ...an amazing idea, Crossplay should become the norm...

...now all they need to do is announce plans to bring The Crossing to x360 & PS3...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Jaw meet floor... - Jan 20, 2007 22:07
I still don' t understand the premise of " crossing" but looks good. I think they said this is for PC and 360.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Jaw meet floor... - Jan 21, 2007 02:11
Belive its PC only at the moment. Im hoping it comes to the 360 as it looks amazing.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Jaw meet floor... - Jan 21, 2007 02:49
They' d have to make it more appealing to be one of the skirmish players.

As it stands I' d want to just be an elite all the time to play through the story. But it sounds as though they' ll force you to be a skirmish guy until there' s a slot for an elite available.

Which sucks cos I imagine people will be waiting a long time...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Jaw meet floor... - Jan 21, 2007 05:57
I' m just barely understanding how this works.

You can either play the main character (IE Story Mode) or you can play NPC enemies (IE hardcore multiplayer-gamers). I understand that. But the lone Story-Mode guy VS tens of human intelligence bad guys? It' d be a slaughterfest.

They' re going to have to figure out some way to balance it towards the single-player, while still making the experience worthwhile to the multiplayer folks, who (I can say from personal experience) don' t like being killed every minute.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Jaw meet floor... - Jan 21, 2007 07:56
How can this work? Obviously some players are better than others and some may never make it through the game as they are always getting killed by the experienced players. If it where ranked it would help this issue but not solve it.

In the video it shows the single player having some great extra abilities and ' assassins creed' knife in the neck. I' d like to watch out for this one, But the developers have a hard task in front of them to make the game balanced and straight forward.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll