Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 14, 2004 04:41
So I' ve been playing " through" Jak 3 - and despite being a seasoned gamer of 15+ years, haven' t a clue what i' m doing! the first level is phenomenally hard. Am I missing something or is this the hardest difficult curve in the history of videogames?!?! Like, I know my game etc, but wtf is this?! Help! ... I am doomed!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 14, 2004 05:23
You may have a defective copy. Try sending it to me so I can test for bugs.

Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 14, 2004 08:57
Adam, is it even out yet? Lol. I thought it was meant to be coming out on November 26th in the Uk! Anyway your problem.....I might be able to help you once I get to hire it! Until then....Sorry I cant help!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 14, 2004 10:23
Yeah that first level is really tough. When I started playing Jak 3 nine years ago I was just overwhelmed with frustration. After a few years I finally got past and am now actually on the 4th level if you can believe that. Just keep at it and you' ll do OK eventually.
Vincent Cook

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 14, 2004 13:46
Are you talking about Jak And Daxter 3? I can' t tell...
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 14, 2004 23:07
Suddenly I' m glad I never got into the Jak & Daxter games...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 15, 2004 03:58

Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?!

The only thing you' re doing wrong is playing that game ;)

**runs from the Jak fans** ;)
Vincent Cook

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 15, 2004 05:20
Lol. I' m more of a Ratchet And Clank fan!
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 15, 2004 06:43
I didn' t know it was out, but if you have a copy before me, congrats. Granted I' d rather be playing Metroid Prime 2 any day, but that' s definitely a great game. Maybe.
Joe Redifer

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 15, 2004 17:42

The only thing you' re doing wrong is playing that game

LOL! Ratchet and Daxter and Jak and Clank are all the same as Crash Bandicoot anyway. They' ve all got the same ' tude that is deemed so important in games these days. Gotta have the ' tude. Sony mascots = teh suXorZ

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/15/2004 5:43:42 PM >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 16, 2004 02:45
I believe it came out in the US on Nov 9 but the UK doesn' t get a release until 26th (when a whole load of other titles are also released).

I gave up on this anyway, like I' ve got time to play videogames. It' s now in the capable hands of one of our newest reviewers, Stephen Rowley, who is proably much better at games than I am.

It' s a final PAL copy of course but at least we have some time to review it until it' s out here etc. Anyone who reads the main site would probably know we often get games ahead of release for some strange reason! ;-)
Joe Redifer

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 16, 2004 03:41
That' s weird. It' s almost like companies want you to review their games or something. I will have to investigate this, and when I find answers I will let you know about the inner workings and secrets of Kikizo.

Are your HDTVs over there in PAL-land the same as ours (except for the normal PAL capability)? I mean do they offer 480p, 720p, and 1080i? Or are they weird resolutions like PAL? Also are the HDTVs over there stuck at 60Hz when not in PAL mode? I sure hope so, because I want HDTV to be standard, and that means great things for videogame region compatibility in the future!

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/16/2004 3:42:49 AM >
Vincent Cook

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 16, 2004 06:13
Lol. But Kikizo is a brilliant site. Probably the best one on the net! That is probably the reason companies want Kikizo to review their games, because loads of people love it and whatever Kikizo says people believe! (Like I do, Lol)
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 16, 2004 09:39
The reason why Kikizo and other similar sites get games ahead of schedule, is when a site like this gets a good enough reputation of giving REAL reviews of games (objective and thorough) game companies know that they have a consumer group that listens to it, and so they allow these sites to review games ahead of times. This gives the game a review before the release date, and as a result, generates MASSIVE hype about a game, causing all of us to spill our money on games like Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, the DS, soon the PSP, Jak 3, and on and on. Hype is what it is all about. Oh, Kikizo staff, are you all located in one central location? And if so, where?
Vincent Cook

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 16, 2004 18:20
Yeah your' e right. Anyway wasn' t the topic supposed to be about Adam' s dilemma?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 17, 2004 16:06

Oh, Kikizo staff, are you all located in one central location? And if so, where?

Adam' s basement :)
With all of us stuffed down here sharing 1 Pentium 133 mhz Laptop we can only hope the loo doesn' t get backed up again!
Vincent Cook

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 18, 2004 05:31
Lol. I hope not!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 18, 2004 22:09
I have this wild dream about wanting to start a computer game website so I could put my er (untested) reviewing skills to good practice and get my grubby mitts on games early. Alas I' ve neither the skill to design a decent web page, the money to pay somebody to design me a decent web page or the ability to get people to send me games early to review.

Was the start of Jak 3 really so hard though?
Vincent Cook

RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 19, 2004 05:35
I want to create a webbsite but every time I do I can' t be bothered to maintain it the next day, so I just forget it! Lol
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Jak 3 - what am I doing wrong?! - Nov 25, 2004 00:50
Hey Adam, thought I' d better get involved in the forums too.

" It' s now in the capable hands of one of our newest reviewers, Stephen Rowley, who is proably much better at games than I am."

*No comment*
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread