Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced...
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 01:29
... for now.

Clicky

Jack Thompson seems to have thrown in the towel at last, and made an agreement with Take-Two regarding the release of their games. I assume Thompson was worried about the federal lawsuit against him.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 01:47
Yeah .. He could have got some jail time if he was convicted .. Damn i would have loved to see that .. Anyways he will still open his big mouth and can represent ppl filing law suits against take two ...
Emotep

• Total Posts : 125
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 02:56

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Yeah .. He could have got some jail time if he was convicted .. Damn i would have loved to see that .. Anyways he will still open his big mouth and can represent ppl filing law suits against take two ...

You don' t face jail time in civil cases.

Learn to use the legal system.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 03:10

ORIGINAL: Emotep

You don' t face jail time in civil cases.

Learn to use the legal system.

If i understand the situation correctly, in the US, contempt of court is a criminal offense and Thompson would have been subpoena' d. If he didn' t comply with the court order then imprisonment would have been a possibility. Highly unlikely in these circumstances, but he would have almost certainly been fined.

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 03:17
From IGN :

Take-Two has agreed to dismiss its federal lawsuit against Jack Thomspon for his threats to block the future sales of the upcoming Rockstar titles, Grand Theft Auto IV and Manhunt 2. The publisher is also agreeing to drop its contempt of court lawsuit against Thompson regarding alleged improper conduct during the Bully court hearings in Florida. A hearing on the matter was scheduled for tomorrow morning, which might have possibly resulted in the jailing of Jack Thomspon had he been found in contempt.

< Message edited by 2pac -- 21 Apr 07 19:17:56 >
Nitro

RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 03:24
Yeah but IGN don' t know shit about videogames nevermind anything else...

The only way he could have faced jail is if he didn' t appear at court once subpoena' d. His actions against Take-Two held zero possibility of jail due to the nature of the case.
Emotep

• Total Posts : 125
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 05:59

From IGN :

Take-Two has agreed to dismiss its federal lawsuit against Jack Thomspon for his threats to block the future sales of the upcoming Rockstar titles, Grand Theft Auto IV and Manhunt 2. The publisher is also agreeing to drop its contempt of court lawsuit against Thompson regarding alleged improper conduct during the Bully court hearings in Florida. A hearing on the matter was scheduled for tomorrow morning, which might have possibly resulted in the jailing of Jack Thomspon had he been found in contempt.

Being found in contempt of court is not the same as losing a civil case.

Learn your legal terms.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 07:46

Emotep
I love PS3

Yeah... howbout that.

It' s about time he got shut up.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 07:59

Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced...

Damn. I thought you meant he was assassinated in a dark alley by the MS Ninja' s or something...

Ah well, here' s to hoping!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 08:04

Damn. I thought you meant he was assassinated in a dark alley by the MS Ninja' s or something...

Ah well, here' s to hoping!

I would rather see him die with injuries resulting from epileptic seizures caused by flashing lights in DDR.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 08:05
I dont know what you guys worry about, its not like anybody would listen to him anyway.

Nitro

RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 08:27

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Emotep
I love PS3

Yeah... howbout that.

It' s about time he got shut up.

' I Love Xbox' would have been better.
Dagashi

RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 08:38

I dont know what you guys worry about, its not like anybody would listen to him anyway.

Believe me, some americans do. It' s why some of us call them sheeple. Heck, we have some idiots in Canada that might listen as well.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 09:19

Believe me, some americans do. It' s why some of us call them sheeple. Heck, we have some idiots in Canada that might listen as well.

Yes. Americans are border line retarded. People in my area are blaming the korean guy killing all the students on video games. Why cant they just blame movies? Its not like VG are the only things making people go crazy
Dagashi

RE: Jack Thomspon has finally been silenced... - Apr 22, 2007 10:50

Yes. Americans are border line retarded. People in my area are blaming the korean guy killing all the students on video games. Why cant they just blame movies? Its not like VG are the only things making people go crazy

For some resaon, people seem to think that there is a huge difference between watching a violent movie, and playing a violent game. For me, anything I do in a game is just that, a game. I don' t view people in the games as people, they are made up characters, and nothing more than some code. I think a lot of horror movies are a lot more messed up than any video game. Imagine if they made a game like Saw or something, where you were the bad guy. The game would be banned almost everywhere. I get really pissed when people who watch those kinds of movies lecture me about video game violence.

Heck, most of the weirdest, and craziest kids I knew groing up had strict Christian parents and went to church twice a week.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread