Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 18, 2007 03:52
By Take Two funnily enough.

Notice at the end of the article how Jacky-boy' s threatening a 46% stock coup. Y' think he' s talking through his ass, or he' s actually got something planned?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 18, 2007 07:57
lmfao, its about time
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 18, 2007 09:48
I can only hope this ends up hurting Jackass Thompson' s wallet
mastachefbkw

RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 18, 2007 09:53

I can only hope this ends up hurting Jackass Thompson' s wallet

... and his testicles
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 18, 2007 12:49
This is awsome! I bet they can win too. If they do Jack will be finished, even if they don' t destroy him economically they will open the doors for other publishers to counter sue. Jack is walking on thin ice now.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 18, 2007 15:03

... and his testicles

He doesn' t have any. He' s gilded, a eunuch (no offense to eunuchs everywhere).

So successful has Thompson been in exposing the fraud and criminal conduct of Take-Two on the national stage… that a corporate coup by 46% of Take-Two’s shareholders is set for March 23, which nearly all financial analysts… are predicting will be successful and which will result in the firing of all Take-Two management and the entire board…

Ugh. Does Thompson really have that much money? And if the IPs belong to the ' management and the entire board' , what' s to stop them from just getting severance pay and setting up another studio while Thompson burns his own money?
< Message edited by Byakko -- 18 Mar 07 7:06:45 >
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 01:15
I think he' s finally snapped. Yep, delusions of grandeur, acute paranoia, awful hair, Jackie boy should be in therapy right now on some South Pacific island, preferably one with lots of cannibals who only eat lawyers. (Hey, I think I just solved most of the world' s problems!)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 02:04
Anybody take this guy seriously anyway? Its not like he is going to shut down a multi-billion dollar industry just becuase he dosent like it.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 18 Mar 07 18:04:22 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 03:58
He' s probably laying the groundwork for running for various political offices later on.
mastachefbkw

RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 04:11

He' s probably laying the groundwork for running for various political offices later on.

Hes gonna ban all video games, movies, television shows(except news videos of him) and Internet sites. He will be assassinated with 100 guards around him and the guards wont even try to stop him
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 07:57
Take That! Jack!
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 09:24

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
> Jack Thompson
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 19, 2007 15:46
The man is dead to me. RIP - Jack Thompson, may you continue to needlessly sue and harass people in hell.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 20, 2007 01:29
The only reason we can' t go out and kill the prick is because the few supporters he has will use that in argument and protest against violent games for future lawsuits. Thats the only thing keeping the annoying bastard alive. Him and his followers are annoying as is...and seeing media headlines like " Videogames Kill Jack Thompson" is just one more annoyance that I dont care to see...sort of. hell maybe its worth it?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 20, 2007 01:44
BTW heres Thompson' s responce...
Wow...just wow...

Take Two is also thinking about selling the company.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Mar 07 17:49:54 >
mastachefbkw

RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 20, 2007 04:49

s on the Internet and Elsewhere:

I have been praying, literally, that Take-Two and its lawyers would do something so stupid, so arrogant, so dumb, even dumber than what they have to date done

I agree that they have done pretty stupid stuff up to date, but i want them to fix their stupid mistakes, not make more of them
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 20, 2007 09:01
From Gamasutra:

Major publisher and developer Take-Two (Grand Theft Auto series) has announced that it is considering a sale of the company, following a fierce shareholder battle which threatens to depose major executives and the board.

A group of prominent Take-Two investors owning 46% of the company' s shares, including OppenheimerFunds, D.E. Shaw Valence Portfolios, S.A.C. Capital Management and Tudor Investment, are looking to remove current CEO Paul Eibeler and bring about changes within the company' s board of directors.

Due to this, Take-Two has announced that it has postponed its annual meeting from March 23rd until March 29th " ...to provide additional time to review the proposed actions of the shareholder group and also to evaluate alternative courses of actions that could potentially be presented to the shareholders."

The main example of an alternative course of action is " a possible sale of the Company" , though the official notice also notes: " There is no assurance that any specific alternative proposal will be forthcoming."

Take-Two’s recently restated financial results for fiscal 2006 saw revenue fall and the company record a net loss of $184.9 million. In addition, Wedbush Morgan' s Michael Pachter recently issued a statement to his firm' s clients, calling Take Two' s shares “overvalued” and the company' s path ahead “troubling.”

Nonetheless, the announcement has sharply affected Take-Two' s shares in pre-market trading, with the company' s Nasdaq-traded shares up almost $1.50 to $22.26 thanks to news of the possible sale.

Thompson is out of his f#&%ing mind! The T2 board reshuffling is incidental to whatever Thompson has been up to.

< Message edited by zoy -- 20 Mar 07 1:01:55 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 21, 2007 01:47
I may hate Jack Thompson' s actions, but battles like this are so exciting. Take Two, I put my trust into you. The fate of the world depends on it...

... sort of...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Jack Gets Sued Back!!! (FINALLY) - Mar 26, 2007 04:02
Holy Sh*t! I would have bet money he was playing BS bingo with them. That' s... amzing, in a satanic sort of way.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll