Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 17, 2004 04:00
No he is not a sissy little man-girl, he' s a very cool character! It' s not his fault Konami put him in the unenviable position of trying to fill the un-fillable shoes of Solid Snake. Raiden' s been catching a bad rap for years and it' s not his fault.

If he had his own game more people would have probably liked him but OH NO, he helps Solid Snake out in a Metal Gear Solid game and all of a sudden he becomes public enemy #0012.

Where' s the justice in the world, where' s the justice?

Thank You...

(steps down from podium as a crowd of 3 people applaud)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 17, 2004 05:49
Raiden was a joke that Hideous Kojima played on mankind. He released the game and as players discovered Raiden, Kojima began laughing loudly while rubbing himself in cough syrup. He removed Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 3 because the same joke is never funny twice. But just you wait until you see what Hideous has planed for that game!!!
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 17, 2004 05:53
Raiden could have been cool, but I hated the voice that was used. Maybe not even so much the voice, the relationship with Rose was just terrible. When playing thru the game again I had to skip thru any conversation b/t Jack and Rose b/c I just couldn' t take it. Jack whined and rose asked random stupid questions.

The script for the 2 characters just wasn' t done very well IMO. That was my only gripe with the game.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 18, 2004 00:52
Raiden had a kool character design and the man covered for Snake while he was MIA! Cut him some slack!
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 18, 2004 04:45
No, Raiden was not cool. Nor was he meant to be. It seems to me that Raiden was put in to give another perspective on all the events, and to give a better shot at the full impact of the horror of it all - after all, Solid Snake would pretty much just deal with it in his own jaded manner. Raiden' s presence with Snake not only makes Snake look that much better, but gives him more of a chance to offer up his words of advice to the world. I, for one, thought it was kinda nice seeing a rookie play a part in the very fabric of existance - watching the underdog come out victorious is always good.

Although you cannot deny that Raiden was a bit of an idiot. " Did you say ' nerd?' "
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 18, 2004 04:55
No, he wont be in three because three isnt about solid snake, it is about big boss (the dude snakes DNA was taken from). And c' mon, its not like you guys never ran around naked in public and whined afterward, oh, wait....... maybe it was just me and Raiden that did that.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 18, 2004 15:11
Raiden was kind of a let down for me as well, but it diddnt bother me enough to stop playing. i think it was like replacing Bruce Willis in die hard with Orlando Bloom
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 18, 2004 15:55
I didn' t think Raiden was that bad. I did think the whole Raiden - Rose relationship thing was pretty lame though.

What is the deal with the crotch grabbing?
destrosio

• Total Posts : 4
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 20, 2004 19:21
eh eh....the grabbin is pretty " comical" ....and y' know....we' ll find also in mgs3!!raiden' s voice ?? anyway....better of ff10 tidus' one.....dont you agree with me??
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 22, 2004 18:16
crotch grabbing (i assume u mean by the pres) was done to make sure raiden was a dude. it was a security thing.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 22, 2004 18:26

Raiden was a joke that Hideous Kojima played on mankind. He released the game and as players discovered Raiden, Kojima began laughing loudly while rubbing himself in cough syrup. He removed Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 3 because the same joke is never funny twice. But just you wait until you see what Hideous has planed for that game!!!

If I remember correctly, MGS3 is a prequel. So Raiden may not be done potty training yet.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Jun 22, 2004 18:48

crotch grabbing (i assume u mean by the pres) was done to make sure raiden was a dude. it was a security thing.

There is a crotch grab in MGS3 aswell
Just struck me as odd
Like " Whaaa? did he just do what I think he did!?"
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
RE: In defense of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. - Aug 27, 2004 00:48
No,they' re not gay,all that crotch grabbin has to do somethin with the story (i hope)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll