Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Impulse buys that DIDN' T bite you in the ass?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Impulse buys that DIDN' T bite you in the ass? - Apr 12, 2003 02:58
Have you ever seen a movie/cd sitting on the shelf, then on impulse you just gotta buy it? Ever take that piece of crap home and say, " What the fudge was I thinking?!?"

Well, have you ever made some impulse buys that you don' t regret? I think I finally had one today. I was in my local Blockbuster looking through the movies they had for sell.

I originally had thought about buying Brotherhood of the Wolf for 15 bucks (pre-own). But decided not too because I wasn' t positive how my finances were going to be and didn' t want to blow money I might need.

But on my way out, I saw Sleepy Hollow (brand new) for like 10 bucks. I had wanted to see this move for the longest time, and I' m a huge Johnny Depp fan... so I passed it up.

But as I tried to walk out, the movie called to me. I felt the urge to read the back of the box again and again. My palms got sweaty and my breathing quickened. I knew I was going to make an impulse buy and there wasn' t a damn thing I could do to stop it.

Anxious to get home, I quickly popped in the movie. I had my doubts, but surprisingly it wasn' t that bad. I like it actually. My main complaint being that it could have been better directed (dragged some). And that in some parts it was *too* Tim Burton. But overall it was a good movie. And for 10 bucks I surely got my money worth.

So what about you?
AsH

• Total Posts : 15
RE: Impulse buys that DIDN' T bite you in the ass? - Apr 15, 2003 22:22
Well, to keep the Johnny Depp theme going, I rented Fear and Loathing awhile ago on impulse when I was supposed to get The Thing (my brother hadn' t seen it and I had just... " bought" the game so I was in the mood). I was not disappointed. That and Ernest Saves Christmas.
MrBunnies

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Impulse buys that DIDN' T bite you in the ass? - Apr 26, 2003 01:54
I saw the ' The Family Guy' dvd box set at Best Buy as I was looking around, picked it for $35. I didn' t really want to buy it, but I remeber that show being the greatest. AND IT TRULY IS! That show makes me piss my pants.

Mr. Bunnies
- Peace

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread