Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If you were to make a game, what would it be about?
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 16, 2004 18:46
Imagine you had the chance of a lifetime and you get to make all the decisions for the construction of a new game to be? What would it be about? What genre would it be? I would like to hear peoples creativity.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 16, 2004 19:37
Well, thats an interesting question...Im gonna go a bit crazy here so bear with me.

It would be a first person shooter/adventure game.
You are a regular law enforcer in a futuristic Earth. Your next assignment requires you to lead a taskforce and handle the security measures while a group of scientists work on a top secret project that you have no idea about. Turns out they are experimenting with time travel. Theyve invented a device that you wear on your wrist which allows you to set the exact time, date, era and place that you' d like to travel to.

While you go about your business, a group of terrorists attack, with the help of an ' insider' . These mysterious attackers take your team by surprise and steal the numerous travel devices, finally disappearing into the past. It' s now up to you to follow the terrorists and recover all the devices.

Features
- Unprecedented single player action and suspense as you travel to the past and the future.
- Featuring the voices of Elisha Cuthbert, James Gandolfini, and Alec Baldwin
- Make vital decisions that will determine your future as you uncover a dark conspiracy
- Realistic physics utilizing the all new Unreal Engine 4.0
- Real world, fictional and biological weapons, including the futuristic ' Flu-inducer'

As u can see ive thought this over pretty thoroughly. Im trying to get into the industry( as an animator ) so hopefully this one' ll get made. ( i doubt it.)
Zotty

• Total Posts : 41
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 16, 2004 20:37
I hope I will ever be able to make a game in the future. And if it would be possible I would create a Fantasy RPG, Horror Adventure game or a cool platformer :)

Someday I will create a game (platformer) based on the character called Zotty (oi thats my nick), its funny little man that I always draw and the game will have a huge sence of humour and it would feature alot more of crazy characters It would be awsome and insane..

But tworaw, what would you make?
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 16, 2004 21:26
Well in to answer your question my game would probably be a FPS or an RPG my FPS would probably be like jabronibasher' s story a little because mine would have you uncover some kind of deep dark conspiracy, but the thing is that you just start out living a normal life working for MoNo Tech Corp. your very actions and reactions to other people fortell how the game will play out. say for instance you were to kill someone, in a week or so you could be walking on the streets and that persons brother is hunting you down. but somehow you are mistakenly targeted by this corporation and you have decided to go in and figure this stuff out or you could just run or you could go in with guns blasting or maybe try to reason with these people, maybe the story sux sinxe it is off the top of my head but my real idea is to incorporate this sense of a real world and everything you do effects this world, it might sound like fable but mine would be very different, since your decesions can have a long-term effect(like the vengeful brother chaseing you down) or just a short-term effect. For an RPG, I would make that fully interactive too with tons of customization and so on, but that would take to long to tell the whole story because I do have 58 page story for an RPG game which will soon be posted on my site.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 17, 2004 00:13
My game would use modified versions of the Emergency Call Ambulance and Crazy Taxi engines...

It would be a quarter muncher and the premise would be to drive an ambulance and race to get pregant women to the hospital as quickly as possible.

Basically you sit in an ambulance waiting for emergency calls. Once that happens, turn on the sirens and race through crowded city streets towards homes, office buildings, and other areas where there are women going into labor,, avoiding pedestrians crossing the streets and other vehicles at big intersections.

The game will be pretty interactive, allowing you to run over people and side swipe or smash into cars or buildings, losing lots of points in the process..

I' ve got other ideas to make it a much deeper game BUT I don' t want that right now, I just want simple fun!!

Ice Queen

• Total Posts : 27
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 17, 2004 10:43
I' d make a game with furry little creatures that have no arms or legs, just little feet stuck to their bodies and antenae. It would be a platform adventure typed game with Mario sunshine kind of graphics and you' d have to go around and rescue your buddies from the Evil Elephant type creature who hasn' t got a name yet. You' d pick up outrages weapons to give you different abilities to use in different situations and the weapons would morph to the characters body, a bit like in kirby. So say if you pick up a monkey weapon, you' d look like a monkey and have a teail, allowing you to jump higher and swing across ledges. A set of wings would let you hover, and so on. Very violent and very humerous. Perfect :P
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 17, 2004 17:55
Heh... im going to college to make games. Lucky me! well, time to be orriginal! I want to make an MMORPG that kicks the crap out of all the others! YEAH! TAKE THAT!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: If you were to make a game, what would it be about? - Aug 17, 2004 18:23
I would like to create an Sci-Fi RPG in which the player can travel to any planet, experience each planet' s environment and inhabitants, choose their game objective or play the pre-destined story line, solve puzzles and find treasures, or just live the simple life...it would be the player' s choice

This game would be closest to a cross between Morrowind, Tomb Raider and KOTOR, but offer the ability to create both scenarios and planets (or arenas). The game would offer the usual multiplayer options, with the ability to create unique multi-player matches and scenarios.

The single-player mode would include squad-based control of multiple characters, or play alone as a single character (like in Halo).

The perspective would allow for either 1st or 3rd person gameplay.

The player would have the ability to operate vehicles, create weapons from collected technologies or naturally occurring elements found on various planets. So, in effect, you could create a weapon that destroys an entire planet, wipes out the inhabitants of the planet, or just kills one group or individual on a planet.

The player could be anything from a space trader, a pirate, a President (of a planet), a Fleet Officer, a farmer, a miner, or a prisoner. You would decide the starting point, and work your way through the game in the fashion you see fit.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll