Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 24, 2006 23:53
Demo up on the market place with TDU.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 24, 2006 23:54
Kickass!

Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 01:23
34%.... anyone played it yet?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 01:24
I' m at work!!

I wanna try it and see just how OTT it is..
Mass X

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 02:22
My d/ls are done but I have to wait til break time before I can go check them out...15 more minutes. Since it' s free-roaming open enviroment I wonder how much space they are giving you to mess around in.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 24 Aug 06 18:23:52 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 02:49
Yup tried it out and the graphics is a bit here and there but it' s a lot of fun. Have to try the helicopter its so fun. Forgot to say the controls are really fluid. It has exceeded my expectations mainly cos most games based on movies are crap but this one isn' t bad at all.

Also has anyone managed to land on the van?...
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 24 Aug 06 18:58:30 >
Tiz

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 03:04
Just Cause is a movie?
dasher232

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 03:30
I' m probably wrong actually about the movie bit but someone did tell me that it was based on a movie.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 03:39
I played a bit of the demo. takes a little getting used to but it' s fun. I' ll have to get a better sit down with it later.
dasher232

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 03:42
So no one' s landed on/in the van...yet?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 05:44
whats TDU?
Tiz

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 05:54
Test Drive Unltd...

Dash, what do you mean has anyone landed on the van?

I tested out the demo, it' s quite fun, but I doubt i' ll be purchasing it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 06:01
Seriously the graphic with the helicopter was one of the most beautiful things i ever seen.
This world is like 10th times bigger then OB with a lot more draw distance,also the lightning/water was fucking amazing.

Graphic?

93/100.

Cars looked good so did character,but ofc can look better.
dasher232

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 06:14

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Test Drive Unltd...

Dash, what do you mean has anyone landed on the van?

I tested out the demo, it' s quite fun, but I doubt i' ll be purchasing it.

In the beginning when the arrow is pointing and you' re in the parachute. Or do you have to do it the way I did and just steal a car or bike follow them and beat them up?.

By the way quez I felt the same about the helicopter it' s bloody brilliant and the scene with the water is breath taking.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 24 Aug 06 22:15:39 >
QuezcatoL

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 06:19
Swedish developers also.

Now we have these dev doing just cause.
And the ones from dice doing BF2140
And the starbreezer dev doing The darkness.

Apprently swedish dev can only do action games,but who cares?
Mass X

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 06:43
oooo thats what you meant. I landed on the car behind it hijacked it while still in motion then pushed the stunt setup button and launched at the main car who ended up crashing before I could kick the guy out.

It was fun chasing the guy in the helicopter especially on the 2nd try where I jumped out of my copter and kicked him out of his. He didnt die from the fall, however (and this is the best part) my abandoned helicopter finished the job and landed on him. If moments like that are plentiful then I may most likly rent this at first but might buy it down the road.

The guns need a bit more " Bang" ya know? And I want explosive results like seen in Mercenaries. Im not talking about the fireball (that looked very nice) but I wanna see a car go flying with a flaming trail following. Aww Mercenaries 2 dont be exclusive...:(

But my god is the place massive. One peak at the PDA' s map and you about piss yourself.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 09:11
Whats wrong with the game?, usually you guys are raving about it.. Somethings got to Give..
Mass X

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 10:15
I cant quite put my finger on it on whats really wrong. But there' s something that isnt adding up.

I think its mainly the animations and NPC AI. They dont have any reall human qualities at all. Saints Row did a decent job with their civilian AI. The enemies altho they do hide tend to have a more charge in and hope for the best attitude.

And like I said before the guns and explosions need a bit more " BANG!" to them.

Its massive in everyway with a consistant framerate but its also a multigen title meanign its losing some stuff that wouldve made this game a monster if it were only for next gen. It needs to be less then $60.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 25 Aug 06 2:19:26 >
QuezcatoL

RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 16:28
The combat in -Just cause feels like Tomb raider legends.

I mean it works,and its never frustrating.
But you can feel that it could have been a lot better,but works good still.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If you dont like TDU you can always give Just Cause a try - Aug 25, 2006 16:44
IT' S AWFUL!!!

So after looking forward to Just Cause for a few months now i downloaded the demo when i got in from work and loaded the thing. As soon as it started i wanted to turn it off but figured i had to give it a chance. Anyway, the freefalling was cool but the controls need work but then i landed and everything was a mess.

The graphics while not the main focus are terrible. There' s pop up everywhere, low res textures and odd looking geometry and trees. The animations are probably the worst i' ve seen in a next gen game yet, they seriously suck. The main character looks like he has taken anti-constipation medicine and is now frantically trying to find the mens room. The weapons, targeting system and enemies are all awful. I will NOT be even considering buying this game!

On the other hand i really enjoyed the new TDU demo. The controls are better than in the first demo and everything is much tighter. I was buying it anyway and now i' m 100% sold on it as i' ll likely only play it online anyway and that part of the game kicks ass!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message