Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If You Could Change One Thing About Any (Or All) Console(s), What Would It Be?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
If You Could Change One Thing About Any (Or All) Console(s), What Would It Be? - Aug 26, 2004 16:05
Thinking back to all the consoles I have owned, and the one thing to change about any of the consoles, It would have to be making a controller that actually fits the natural way your hand is positioned...rather than forcing your hand to conform to each controller.

The Atari 2600 joystick, the Intellevision, the Colecovision gamepad, All Sega gamepads, All of the Nintendo gamepads or portables controls, PS1 & II gamepads, and XBOX (and any others I missed).

The controllers were designed for adaptation by gamers, but do not really provide sufficient comfort for extra-long gaming sessions.

All of the controllers I have used to play games do not fit my large hands, and definitely do not fit the natural position of my hand. I know there are others out there who understand what having sore fingers or a painfully stiff wrist means (leave the jokes out) to a gamer.

As you can see, this applies to most (if not all) of the consoles. It is a significant item of concern that I would change for any one of them.

What would you change on any (or all) console(s)?
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/26/2004 5:52:29 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: If You Could Change One Thing About Any (Or All) Console(s), What Would It Be? - Aug 26, 2004 18:06
Well, as far as controllers go, I still think that Sony' s are by far the best ever made (and I don' t have small hands). They' re so perfectly designed, that I' ve played games for hours on end and I never feel anything but comfortable.

Others-

I don' t like the idea of the mini-discs on the GC. Just make them DVD-based like everyone else on the planet.

Longer cords for the controllers. The only cords that are sufficient in length are Xbox' s; all others are MUCH too short.

Sony, get with the times and add four controller ports, please.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: If You Could Change One Thing About Any (Or All) Console(s), What Would It Be? - Aug 26, 2004 18:43
1. Perform an abortion on the 32x...

2. My main change would be to rid the Saturn of dual processors and equip it with a powerful 2D and 3D processor from the get-go... That way the price of the console would be lower and with Sega' s momentum coming off of the Genesis, the 32-bit wars might have had a different outcome.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: If You Could Change One Thing About Any (Or All) Console(s), What Would It Be? - Aug 27, 2004 00:05
I would have added more PCM sound channels to the Genesis (it only had one). I would have kept the 6 FM channels and 3 PSG channels as well. I would have given the Genesis 10 times as many colors and increased the resolution somewhat. I would have also let it have S-video capability. Also I would have had it mix the left and right sound channels into the mono RF and composite line out (it only gave you the right chanel as it was). I would have retained the scaling and tracking feature that was aborted from the console at the last minute as well (which was removed so as not to destroy their arcade division).

Also, every console would be able to use the Saturn Japanese 6 button controller. two rows of three buttons each is by far the best way to lay out a pad. I hate the typical SNES/PS diamond layout. It is retarded. And four shoulder buttons is even MORE retarded than that! Also, buttons labeled after shapes is also retarded. Seems like Sony is a bunch of super sucky-mucky retards.

I would have made the Gamecube actually use the " Digital AV out" port. As it is now, it only use is for analog component video. That' s it. You have to use the regular AV cables just to get audio, eben though the digital AV out is capable of delivering SPDIF out. Why did Nintendo do this?..... because they are retarded.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll