Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Idiot vs Kikizo
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 03:34
As requested, a link to the thread located in ' Everything Else' .

https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=46097&appid=&p=1&mpage=1&key=&language=&tmode=1&smode=1&s=#46097
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 04:38
Reading that thread is mandatory (or whatever it' s called... compulsory? Does compulsory and mandatory mean the same thing?)
It' s about YOU!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 06:17
I got banned when i wrote a thread asking Gamespot why in their budget its says that they get paid by SONY.

Thanks a lot gamespot.

I even asked greg about it when he wrote here,got no response,so fucking imature :S

But greg is a great reviewer that i respect but banning me for asking that?
WTF?!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 13:05
Yeah i got banned at Gamespot too, I' m not even sure why. I fucking hate that backwater site. Its the cespit for fanboys and retards.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 23 Apr 06 5:07:05 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 14:03
Isn' t Gamespot a store that is in kahoots with Electronics Booteek?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 16:47
Only if you switch the P and T.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 21:29
I hate Gamespot. I used to post there way too often, but then the site went through a major overhall and everything got screwed up. So i came here.

We used to have Electronics Boutique in the UK, but they were re-branded after a buyout and now it' s just called GAME.

http://shop.game.net/

But GAME pretty much sucks, and i now buy most stuff from play.com instead.

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 23, 2006 22:11
I don' t like gamespot either most of the stuff on their site looks so jumbled and mismashed, they always seem to be so late with updates, forums populated with retarded sony fan boys that don' t even know how to spell properly (not being offensive but it' s true), I think these days you have to pay or subscribe to view their videos or something like that, plus I don' t know why but sometimes they seem so biased towards sony.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 23 Apr 06 14:13:10 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 24, 2006 18:34
I' ve only justy read this.. Im really sorry to hear your getting flack from people who obviously just don' t get it.

I love this site, I actually feel part of soemthing here, now I' ve seen you guys have been banned.. well..

As for EB > Game

EB Bought out Game in 2000/1 and it was decided that EB would be kept as the brand in the states and Game was teh stronger of the two brands here. So it' s all the same company now.

Don' t know aobut the gamespot ties, although Gamespot now have UK offices so it wouldnt surprise me if they were looking for tie-ins
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Idiot vs Kikizo - Apr 25, 2006 03:47
EB aquirred GAME in 1999 and in 2002 GAME brought all of EB' s stores, or rather EB wanted to pull out and willingly sold them to GAME along with all their old stores. GAME had to pay around a smal percentage of it' s profts to EB for around 4 years I believe, as part of the deal.

When GAME took over EB entirely the EB brand was around equal strenghth to the GAME brand, as EB once they owned GAME opened both brands of store building up the lesser known GAME.

Ultimately EB wanted out and the EB brand over here was only partially owned by them. I can' t remember specifics but it was some kind of a franchise deal with EB having controlling interest - dates back to when EB got Future Zone.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 24 Apr 06 19:55:28 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message