Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 03:48

Call of Duty 3 sucks. Fact!

nope, i beat COD 3 and it' s a good game, sometimes it gets boring but very few games don' t... i think it' s your best shot on ps3 , AA title

The game scored consistent 7.5s and 8.0s. Possibly 1.0 of that score was for the single player. The multiplayer owns hardcore, but I' d take Battlefield' s single-player over CoD:3.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 03:50
I might just buy warhawk, if the rumors are true and it ships with a bluetooth headset, then its sold! I hope there are more games to join than whats on in the beta, sometimes it can be lacking...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 04:21
Call of Duty 3 is not a bad game in the grand scheme of things. Compared to Resistance it' s a technical marvel and a well rounded experience.

However, while the online works pretty well, they don' t hold a candle to the likes of GRAW 2 and Gears and the single player game is plain awful. Call of Duty 2' s single player mode was massively superior in every aspect that matters.

That' s why there was a HUGE sigh of relief when it was announced that Infinity ward was taking back the franchise. Because Treyarch fucked it up.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 04:47

However, while the online works pretty well, they don' t hold a candle to the likes of GRAW 2 and Gears and the single player game is plain awful. Call of Duty 2' s single player mode was massively superior in every aspect that matters.

That' s why there was a HUGE sigh of relief when it was announced that Infinity ward was taking back the franchise. Because Treyarch ***ed it up.

I didn' t hear a sigh of releif. I heard the safeties on firearms across the world flip back on.

You don' t think the online is on-par with Gears? It' s certainly nowhere near as nice as GRAW 2' s online experience, there' s no comparison there, but while I thought gears was good, the online portion has never been my favorite part of the title. I wouldn' t play it unless I was up against somebody on my friends list for sure.

The two are hard to compare because the match-sizes & game style itself are so radically different. 3' s multiplayer experience was more comparable to a really shiny Battlefield 2, a game with good multiplayer.

Or... maybe I' m just moody because I don' t have GRAW2 yet.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Jun 07 20:48:27 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 04:50
I prefer Gears of War to any other online game i have, i like not respwaning once im killed, it makes me think more, and it feels better wasting the others!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 04:55
I like instant respawns. It keeps campers at bay.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 05:00
Mmm but the feeling of being jumped, or jumping someone is great!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 05:10
Gears is good but nothing really compares to GRAW 2. Vegas is too glitchy.

CoD3 is good online and that' s the only reason why i still own it, but i prefer Battlefeld 2: Modern Combat.

I actually think Lost Planet' s online mode is very underrated. I' ve had a blast with it, much in the same way i' ve been really enjoying Warhawk.

What' s great about this year is that Ubisoft Paris are doing a first-person Americas Army game, DICE have Battlefield: Bad Company and Infinty Ward have CoD4.

I just hope SOCOM: Confrontation turns out to be good.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 27, 2007 05:24
Battlefield 2 on PC and Gears owns all in my opinion.
I have had very little problems with Vegas online, Call of Duty 3 if great craic online as is GRAW 2.

I actually think Lost Planet' s online mode is very underrated.

I agree, the disc grenades are brilliant!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 28, 2007 10:35

Gears is good but nothing really compares to GRAW 2. Vegas is too glitchy.
Vegas' multiplayer always felt wrong to me, but it wasn' t the glitches that really got me irritated. You have a game based around tactical realism, but when your individual players can take 5 rounds from a high-caliber rifle before downing it' s completely shattered any notion of effective tactical movement. It turns more into

*pokes head around corner*
*sees head poke around corner*
*unloads from 10 feet away*

CoD3 is good online and that' s the only reason why i still own it, but i prefer Battlefeld 2: Modern Combat.
The difference is that I can manage to play CoD3 with total strangers. If I have to deal with the stupid noob 13 year old that crashes the damn helicopter 30 seconds into the level one more time, so help me god...

I actually think Lost Planet' s online mode is very underrated. I' ve had a blast with it, much in the same way i' ve been really enjoying Warhawk.

So it' s good then? I downloaded the demo quite a while back but the servers were spazzing out, so I deleted it to make room for more crap.

What' s great about this year is that Ubisoft Paris are doing a first-person Americas Army game, DICE have Battlefield: Bad Company and Infinty Ward have CoD4.

And I have no money.

I just hope SOCOM: Confrontation turns out to be good.

It' s going to blow, big time. And 6 months from now when the reviews start coming in you can quote me on that one.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 28, 2007 11:06
Honestly, I play games in single player most of the time. Not a big online user. I' m REALLY looking forward to Sigma! Especially since I just ordered my new projector and PS3!

I' ve been playing that Overlord demo on Live. I like it. Kinda feels like Fable in a way.

Okay, so I' ve played the Overlord demo and liked it, and I liked Chronicles of Riddick, so now the decision is; Overlord or Darkness.

Discuss.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 28, 2007 11:13

Okay, so I' ve played the Overlord demo and liked it, and I liked Chronicles of Riddick, so now the decision is; Overlord or Darkness.

I thought Overlord didnt come out until August? If thats right, then I' d go with Darkness now(or get another game) then get this in August
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 28, 2007 12:44
Team Xbox and Amazon have the release date as 6/26, so it should be available. On Amazon it says that the " game usually ships withing 2 to 4 weeks" so I just assumed they were sold out.

Eh, I' ll probably just wait to get either of them. I still have plenty of games that I' ve bought, but not yet played. Rainbow Six: Vegas, Lost Planet, Command and Conquer 3, and N3 just to name a few. And then there are the ones that I' ve put a little amount of time in, and now collect dust on the shelves, like God of War 2, Okami, Castlevania SOTN, and many others. I swear, I' m growing out of playing video games, but I still like to buy the damn things! It' s sad, really.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 28, 2007 12:46

Team Xbox and Amazon have the release date as 6/26, so it should be available.

Thats probably right, 1up has it listed as August 1st
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I' m getting a new PS3 this Saturday! - Jun 29, 2007 03:49

I swear, I' m growing out of playing video games, but I still like to buy the damn things!

Dont worry, I do it too, I bought Yakuza and only played it once! i will get around to it, but I duuno, sometingmust be wrong when games like Okami and Shenmue 2 get irgonred because of 24:the Game. Which isnt that good, but was fun.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message