Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I wrote EB/Gamestop
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 10:27
I wasn' t happy at all with the fact that Wii-Orders were taken during school hours on friday, so I wrote a letter, and sent it to the chairman/ceo, and president of EB/Gamestop, feedback please.

Dear --------------,

I am a gamer from Wayne Michigan, and am writing to express my extreme displeasure with your choice to begin taking pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii on Friday 13, 2006. As I am sure you already know, under normal circumstances Friday is a school day. Your company chose to begin taking pre-orders at 10:00 a.m. when most people who attend school are in class. In doing so, you have effectively eliminated any chance of school-aged consumers purchasing a Nintendo Wii on launch night.
On Thursday, I recieved an email, (and later confirmed with a phone call) that pre-orders would begin for the Nintendo Wii the next day at 10:00a.m. on a first-come first-serve basis. As a full time student, there was no feasable way for me to be at EB Games as the lines were forming. My immediate reaction was one of anger, and then of confusion. I asked myself why a company as large as EB games/Gamestop would remove such a large consumer base from their market.
I would have been more than glad to purchase a Wii from your store had I been given the opportunity, and I am also aware that launch allocations are always small, even more so in this upcoming generation of game consoles. However, I find it hard to believe that the timing for the pre-order of the Nintendo Wii made it available to the most diverse group of customers possible. I would appreciate a response in any form.

Thank you for your time,

------- ----

Some of the letter I didn' t include in the post, other than what what was blanked out that is.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 10:33
Damn that sucks, but if the rumours are true then you should be able to grab one on launch day (Nintendo seem to have no probs producing enough Wiis apparently). Good luck!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 10:35
Guys... It' s only a Wii...

I' m just joking!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 10:49

Good luck!

Thanks, I' ve sent a bunch of different emails to most of the execs listed on the Wiki page for EB/Gamestop, trying a bunch of different combinations

first.last@gamestop.com
f.last@gamestop.com
first_last@gamestop.com
last.f@gamestop.com
lastF@gamestop.com

So if half of these are just spammers dumps, then that sucks, but if they' re all registered & checked, I' m not sure how they could miss me. I wish the rumours were true, unless I wait in line at Best-Buy, which, I might in fact do, I know I can' t get one from EB/Gamestop, according to the clerks, they only got 14 tickets, and there' s no way any one of those wasn' t taken.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 10:58
Ive been reading up on Joystiq regarding the pre order experiences. Pretty much every one has been saying that the preorders have pretty much been all snapped up in very quickly, and that they have been very careful not to offer more consoles then they can realistically have available. So there just playing it safe. I' m pretty sure if you camp out the day before launch day you should be almost guaranteed a Wii
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 11:03
While it sucks that they did that, I really don' t think you' ll have much trouble getting a Wii when you want it. Remember, even if your main game purchasing store is out, doesn' t mean everyone is. Quite often, if EB is out, I can find what I need by just looking around the mall for a bit. Any store that sells home theatre stuff will most likely stock some consoles/games - even though you wouldn' t expect it.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 11:16
Um go in late, or leave and come back, it' s not that complicated.

When I pre-ordered my PS3 I went to work at 6AM, took my lunch early at 10AM (I usually take it at 12), drove 5 minutes to gamestop, pre-ordered the PS3, then bought some food and put it in the fridge at work to eat later. I could have done that on a 15 minute break actually.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 16 Oct 06 4:15:03 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 11:36
Dude, you will be able to pick one up launch day without problem. Nintendo has been ready to launch for months. They' ll have plenty in stock.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 12:30
Um, these are only the first allocation for pre-orders, I am almost entirely sure in the next two weeks Nintendo will have a second allocation and ALOT more units will be up for grabs for Pre-orders.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 16, 2006 13:14

Dude, you will be able to pick one up launch day without problem. Nintendo has been ready to launch for months. They' ll have plenty in stock.

Exactly, you won' t even need a preorder, just walk in the day of and pick up your Nintendo goodness. Or you can just take a pre order now. Its not like Wii has any complex high tech thats difficult to manufacture.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I wrote EB/Gamestop - Oct 17, 2006 02:56

Um go in late, or leave and come back, it' s not that complicated.

Good idea, but my grade really was resting on that last day, & I couldn' t make anything up. (end of marking period) Believe me, I tried, but it just wasn' t possible.

I' m sure I' ll be able to get one from somewhere, I just am not all that thrilled about lining up, as I might have to do. Not to mention, I just thought their decision to pre-order on a weekend was dumb.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll