Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I got the Gears!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 06:18
Ha and you suckers thought i couldn' t do it. Well my flatmate bought gears yesterday, and i put a solid 3-4 hours into it. I thought it was gay at the start as it didnt allow you play two different camagins at the same time, then i figured out i just needed to make another profile for myself.

Anyway, its a great game as you all know, but the cool thing is, we got 2 days of free xbox live, and i do have internet access, so for maybe one online gaming session silentbomber is going to pwn your asses in gears playin in team kikizo. but thats a big maybe. And I Dont even own a 360!.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 06:22
Gamertag please?

I just recovered got set up, profile downloaded and gamertag recovered.
Silentbomber

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 06:33
dont have one yet.
i havent signed up for the free xbox live yet, as its only two days, and i want to save it. Well technicaly it isnt mine to use either. since i didnt buy it.

it will mostly likely be Silentbomber or something close.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 24 Nov 06 22:34:11 >
Nitro

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 06:54
I have a couple of 48 hrs codes you could use. You get the free with some games and i obviously don' t need them...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 06:58
If I can find mine, I' ll PM you the code.
Nitro

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 07:00

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

US codes don' t work on EU accounts and vice versa. I' ve already tried with Rampage.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 07:26

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

US codes don' t work on EU accounts and vice versa. I' ve already tried with Rampage.
Really? that bites.
Nitro

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 08:20
Yeah, but i have 4 that he can have if he wants them. 8 days of XBL...

Bomber, are you going to have permanant internet access from now on? Would you be able to play online more often now?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 08:24
Had a blast today,played 8 hour of GoW,played SP+ MP
Silentbomber

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 09:39

Bomber, are you going to have permanant internet access from now on? Would you be able to play online more often now?

No, I dont think I will get a chance to use all those codes mate, since the 360 isnt mine, I cant bring it home with me, so that rules out weekends online play, i can get to play you guys during the week, but with college and time zones and junk like that, its going to be difficult. Plus i am getting holidays on the 15th of dec. I' ll be 360 less untill Jan.

And who knows when my Flats internet acess will be down again, I have been there for 2 months now, and it has only been up for two weeks in total. This week included. And I dont have a headset, so you wont be able to hear my charming irish accent, if it exsisted.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 25 Nov 06 1:43:01 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 15:53
im back and i played GoW as well, its a good game but i dont think its the best game of the year at all, the single player its very short the enemy and friend AI its just lame, there are many weapons that are there just to fill the space, the plot its something out of the mind of a 12 years old american fag, and i really got tired of it very soon, themultiplayer on the other hand its really good, playing whit a friend really makes up for the lack of challenge, cool game tho i hate marcus, such a dumb ass, themusic its nice,all but the last track, please dont do that again.
QuezcatoL

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 25, 2006 18:53
Plz say " imo" cause the enemy isn' t lame by far,you' re playing on hardcore or insane right?
Or you wont have enemy flanking,rushing,throwing grenades etc.
The diffrent locust combined with wrethces makes up for perfect enemies.

There is no plot,just a cheap action war story that is as we all expect B grade,but its made with a trilogy in mind so we didnt get a good and satisfying end.
fernandino

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 26, 2006 03:57

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Plz say " imo" cause the enemy isn' t lame by far,you' re playing on hardcore or insane right?
Or you wont have enemy flanking,rushing,throwing grenades etc.
The diffrent locust combined with wrethces makes up for perfect enemies.

There is no plot,just a cheap action war story that is as we all expect B grade,but its made with a trilogy in mind so we didnt get a good and satisfying end.

what does imo means Quez???

U are rigth, i played in hardcore and last nigth i started insane, well yeah, the enemys arent that bad but your friends AI its really bad, the games plot is a very big deal to me but im not saying that every game must have a killer plot to be a good one, GoW its a pretty good game, one thing that did bother me where the weapons.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 25 Nov 06 19:59:04 >
Nitro

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 26, 2006 04:22
What' s wrong with the weapons?
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 27, 2006 01:28

Indeed, how can you possibly not be enamoured with a machine gun complete with a chainsaw sitting on the end?
< Message edited by Calintz -- 26 Nov 06 17:28:48 >
Nitro

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 27, 2006 01:32

ORIGINAL: Calintz

Indeed, how can you possibly not be enamoured with a machine gun complete with a chainsaw sitting on the end?

Epic need to use the same engine, same style but on a much grander scale and make the greatest Warhammer 40K game ever!
fernandino

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 27, 2006 03:41

Many reasons mate, its quite unbalanced, in the multiplayer the chainsaw mecanic plus the camera and the cover mecanics are a really bad mix, yeah, killing someone whit the chainsaw its great the first time, but gets kind of old very soon because of the fixed camera angle, just like god of war, i liked the hammer of dawn at first because it was cool and useful but the thrill goes away quinda fast (atleast for me) but to be honest the main reason are resistances weapons, dont whant to sound like a fanboy but its almost impossible to compare if u play them both.

Great game tho.

BTW, i absolutely love the reload mecanic, its just great, cleaver, well implemented and usefull, very nice indeed.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 26 Nov 06 19:50:06 >
Nitro

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 27, 2006 04:16

ORIGINAL: fernandino

Many reasons mate, its quite unbalanced, in the multiplayer the chainsaw mecanic plus the camera and the cover mecanics are a really bad mix, yeah, killing someone whit the chainsaw its great the first time, but gets kind of old very soon because of the fixed camera angle, just like god of war, i liked the hammer of dawn at first because it was cool and useful but the thrill goes away quinda fast (atleast for me) but to be honest the main reason are resistances weapons, dont whant to sound like a fanboy but its almost impossible to compare if u play them both.

Great game tho.

BTW, i absolutely love the reload mecanic, its just great, cleaver, well implemented and usefull, very nice indeed.

Y' know, it' s posts like this that make me wonder what you' ve been taking. If there' s one thing that Epic games knows it' s weapon balance. They have afterall had enough practice, being the developer of arguably the most successful online multiplayer games ever created.

The chainsaw may " get old" for some people, but i much prefer grenade tagging people when they get too close anyway rather than fumble about trying to saw peoples faces to bits.

The perfect counter weapon to the chainsaw is the shotgun, perhaps you' re just shit at the online section and kept getting butchered?!

Bear in mind that Gears of war isn' t hard sci-fi. There are no lasers or plasma based weapons. The most sci-fi the game goes is the orbital platform you unleash with the Hammer of Dawn, and even that is based on American technology created 30-ish years ago with the abandoned Star Wars project.

In short, Gears of War is about visceral combat, solid projectiles, metal, stone and flesh. It' s not about quirky " what can we do to make our game stand out" weapons like those in Resistance. If yo want oversized, overpowered sci-fi weapons then i suggest you play the Lost Planet multiplayer demo. The weapons i that make the guns in Resiatance look like kids toys.

Don' t get me wrong, i' m looking forward to playing Resistance as much as you are, it looks awesome, but Gears has found itself one of the top 10 best reviewed games of all time. You may not like it, but to say that the weapons bother you is daft, everthing about them is perfectly executed and you can hardly compare them to a game you haven' t even played yet. It' s rediculous.
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 26 Nov 06 20:17:16 >
QuezcatoL

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 27, 2006 05:22
Gears of war has the most balanced weapon and multplayer ever.

why?

Same weapons,almost same locatsion places to be in for everyone.
in GoW you have a very deep cover system,which might imply that just camping is a key to winning,its not.

Since all characters are huge, a sniper rifle can really let you get tons of HS,its very accurate and easy to use and very easy to hit big GEARS dudes with that are camping.

If someone camp wither sniper?
Run and roll against him,easy.

Also,in melee chainsaw> 1 hit kill,yes. but...if you pull out that shotgun and shoot before hit,he will never ever het in that chainsaw kill since he will lower it for a while.

Thus you cant abuse it,the only abuse thing at this moment is the freaking Grenaet tag,which lety you melee hit someone with a grenade then run away and thus he explode.

But with Lawrence or shotgun in open space,its no problem to catch these guys,also,if they tag you,roll next to them and BOOOM they are gone also ^^

I love how Teamwork is the way to win,sure you could get 3-4 kills in a round,but then the tare playing wrong,and it will never happend again,i love how no one can play rambo and own,its all about teamwork,for ex guys can review each other,thus making 2 vs1 always easy fights,if not that guy is pro with the shotgun or sniper.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 26 Nov 06 21:24:00 >
fernandino

RE: I got the Gears! - Nov 27, 2006 05:25
The chainsaw its a completly unbalanced weapon that takes advantage of the cover sistem, thats how they developed, thats why they developed, and it works great in the single player, not in the multiplayer, the saw its clearly a single player mecanic.

I dont get butchered, quite the reverse, i abuse everyone who try to use the saw agains me, u dont need to be hard on sci fi to make great weapons, take the bullseye or the Rossmore 236, the LARK and so on for example.

Im not " looking foward to play resistance" i already own the game, and BTW to me it looks like u know nothing about it, its weapons are alot more than just " what can we do to make our game stand out" all are exelent and complement each other nicely, they arent just " oversized, overpowered sci-fi weapons" either they are the main focus in the game, the single/multiplayer games are driven by the weapons, u base ur strategy on the weapons, while in GoW ur strategy its taking cover and almost every weapon can be replaced whit other, so im not " comparing them to a game i haven' t even played yet" but u did said Lost Planet weapons are gonna make Resistance guns like kids toys, and u dont own resistance.

GoW may be the best reviewed game in history, that doesent mean the game dont have weak parts, and i have being saying, to me the weakest parts of GoW are its plot (characters, dialogs and overall plot) and its weapons, but again, thats to me and doesnt make GoW a bad game at all.

To all the other users, im not triying to start a fight of whitch game its better, i like both games
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message