Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hybrid Games...What Two (or more) Games Would You Mix Together To Make One Awesome New Game?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Hybrid Games...What Two (or more) Games Would You Mix Together To Make One Awesome New Ga - Sep 08, 2004 02:17
Hmmmm...think about it...what two (or more) games would you put together to make one awesome game?

For me, I would mix the FPS style of Halo (or Halo 2) with the fighter style of Soul Calibur 2. Just think about Master Chief having martial arts capabilities...not only would he have the ability to shoot the enemy to death, but if the bullets ran out...he could Jackie Chan their a**es right to he**!!!

What games would you mix? ...and why?
ultimaknight

• Total Posts : 33
RE: Hybrid Games...What Two (or more) Games Would You Mix Together To Make One Awesome Ne - Sep 08, 2004 02:25
crap that was what i was thinking of roosh, i would say mixing zelda with Diablo 2(pc) would be cool. you could have the zelda style of fighting with archer moves or barbarian skills, use your imagination with that one.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Hybrid Games...What Two (or more) Games Would You Mix Together To Make One Awesome Ne - Sep 08, 2004 02:40
I' ve always thought that a kicka$$ hybrid would be to take the best side scrolling beat em up game engine and mix it with a one on one fighting engine like Street Fighter II...

BLACK BELT for the Sega Master System is a great starting point and a small example of what I mean. Parts of the game would be a brawler like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Double Dragon etc. Then when you fight bosses camera would zoom onto both fighters and the controls would change and become Street Fighter 2-ish and you could perform fire balls and other well-known fighting game moves.

I also LOVE the idea of an action - shoot em up hybrid.. You pilot a starship and battle aliens Gradius & Thunderforce style and then dock your ship within giant alien mother ships, arm yourself with a laser pistol and venture throughout the mother ships destroying Alien baddies and unlocking secrets and special power-ups.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Hybrid Games...What Two (or more) Games Would You Mix Together To Make One Awesome Ne - Sep 08, 2004 03:01
What I desperately want is a fast paced racing game where you reach the checkpoint and then play an RPG! Oh wait... Twin Laps (I think that was what is was called) for the Turbografx 16 already did that.

I' d really like to see a point and click adventure (like Myst or whatever) where you' re pointing and clicking, collecting dust as you play. Then suddenly WITHOUT WARNING as you' re scrolling the cursor, the controls and gameplay turn into a first person shooter like Doom 3 on speed. And the as you are fighting a boss it suddenly turns back into a cursor game and you must finish off the boss by pointing and clicking the right items in the room! Hooray!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Hybrid Games...What Two (or more) Games Would You Mix Together To Make One Awesome Ne - Sep 08, 2004 04:35
Man you know what would make a good hybrid Tamagotchi, Sidescrolling adventure & Puzzle. It sounds weird but it works. This is how it works. Let' s take for example Super Mario. Now you play Super Mario all normal but once and awhile he will get tired and start losing weight and he wont jump as high as he used to. So you go in this mode where you feed and take care of him. Also along the way you collect fruits and random stuff to take care of Mario and for use on other things later on. Now after all that you go back to the adventure. Now when you get to the boss or mini boss let' s say Bowser you go into this puzzle mode and remb. those things you collected along the way those are puzzle elements to help you defeat Bowser. It would go something like that. Sounds fun and it also gives plenty of replay value and the game lasts longer.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll