Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 13:07
One of the best boxing games I' ve played in a long time. The character models look great and the animations are funny.. The controls are REALLY good and intuitive. The ESPN style presentation is great to with match commentaries and highlight reel footage of your devastating knockouts. Load times aren' t too bad neither. Color me impressed EA.

Also have the game for the Xbox 360 and that' s another impressive looking beast. Anyone else have these games, like, dislike them? Share!!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 13:27
Is the loading time super-fast like all other PSP games? The PSP loads so fast it almost makes time go backwards!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 14:13
I played it on 360, easily the best 360 game out so far. Of course GRAW and more importantly Oblivion are coming out in March. But for now FN3 will sustain me. Its faster then the demo and has a perfect balance between realism and fun. My only complaint is that I wish the create-a-player had more content, but I always say that.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 17:21

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

The controls are REALLY good and intuitive.

I' m assuming you didn' t use the d-pad. I don' t know why but I just have the impression that you don' t like Sonys d-pad for some reason. Strange isn' t it?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 20:36
[quoteIs the loading time super-fast like all other PSP games? The PSP loads so fast it almost makes time go backwards! ]

Yeah I' ve heard about it - it' s blazing fast loading times distort both time and dimensions*** and for casual gamer they seem longer than those on DS

***your PSP manual says " Watch out - blazing fast load times could allow Shredder or Crank to teleport from another dimension- should this happen , call 0800 454 333 333 and ask for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 20:53
I hate the new TMNT. They just try to make the Turtles look cool but they look like they have no souls. I prefer the old series from the 80' s or whenever they were running. That' s the real Turtles for me.
hysonmb

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 26, 2006 21:27
I wasn' t going to say anything in this forum, but, the talk about the Turtles started.

The Eastman and Laird " real" Turtles comics on Dark Horse were the only ones that ever really got the the heart of what the TMNT concept was. They weren' t the role model kids stars in those books. My favorite Turtle moment ever was Raph smoking a cigar while the four of them were getting the crap kicked out of them by a Bruce Lee look alike. Blood flying everywhere, cursing, serious fighting....that' s where it was. Long before the " pizza and ice cream"

Oh yeah, Fight Night Round 3 on the 360 is a killer game also
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 27, 2006 01:33
its a kids comic/tv show not a Sin City copy.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 27, 2006 01:38
Ok guys that' s the last time I have mentioned those god damn turtles on kikizo :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 26 Feb 06 17:39:27 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Holy Krap! Fight Night Round 3 for the PSP totally ROCKS!! - Feb 27, 2006 01:42

I' m assuming you didn' t use the d-pad. I don' t know why but I just have the impression that you don' t like Sonys d-pad for some reason. Strange isn' t it?

NO d-pad! And you' re correct, I LOATHE & DESPISE Sony' s accursed d-pad design for their console controllers and the PSP.

On the PSP version of the game, the analog nub is used for movement (THANK GAWD!) and tapping a corresponding direction on the d-pad is used to perform stuff like special moves, cheat/cheap moves, as well as taunts. So basically using the d-pad isn' t all that important really .

Is the loading time super-fast like all other PSP games? The PSP loads so fast it almost makes time go backwards!

It' s not as fast as Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max' s load times which loaded as fast, if not faster than the 2D fighters I' ve played on consoles, but it' s of a decent length overall. Maybe as fast as SEGA CD games!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 26 Feb 06 17:46:25 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message