Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo DS
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Halo DS - Jan 06, 2007 06:05

I Played Halo on DS
Once upon a time, a very smart publisher came up with a brilliant idea. It contacted Microsoft and got the ball rolling on a very unlikely project: Halo for Nintendo DS. Needless to say, there were many egos involved and unfortunately because of some issues that I won' t detail, the project was eventually cancelled. But not before it was completely up and running and fully playable. I know all his because I recently learned of the back-story and got a chance to play a leaked build of Halo on DS for myself.

Amazingly, the ill-fated DS version of the title plays remarkably well. Think Metroid Prime Hunters but with a Halo facelift. I had the opportunity to run through the beginning beach area and noted while playing that it looked like Xbox Halo except on DS, it was running fast, and the control was responsive. The trademark Halo music even played out of the tiny speakers of Nintendo' s handheld. It is really, truly a damned shame that certain publishers couldn' t make this happen because it would have undoubtedly been a huge hit and would have only furthered the popularity of DS and the Halo franchise.

Now that DS is enjoying a clear lead over PSP and the Halo franchise is bigger than ever, I' d like to see this game-that-could-have-been actually come to exist on the retail market. It' s too good of an idea and the execution is too impressive to let it collect dust in the forgotten cabinet of a publisher' s vaporware library.

Would you buy Halo on DS?

LINK

I hate IGN.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Halo DS - Jan 06, 2007 06:08
Halo DS...
Is that for real? He really played it?
Damn...
Too bad they never made it.

Is it for real?
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Halo DS - Jan 06, 2007 08:23
That would be cool if they did that, but the DS really doesn' t have that much power so it would of probably looked terrible, kind of like " Mech Assult Phantom Wars" did....
Nitro

RE: Halo DS - Jan 06, 2007 22:49
I can see Microsoft looking into it but i' m not so sure it would ever actually happen. It should be noted that Rare have and are still developing for Nintendo handhelds though.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Halo DS - Jan 06, 2007 23:42

Rare have and are still developing for Nintendo handhelds though.

Yep they sure are. Wasn' t it rumoured they are making a Diddy Kong Racing Remake for the DS?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 01:20
I think Halo will more suited for the xboy... or the ibox... or ...
Nitro

RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 01:27

ORIGINAL: Duffman

Rare have and are still developing for Nintendo handhelds though.

Yep they sure are. Wasn' t it rumoured they are making a Diddy Kong Racing Remake for the DS?

It was rumored before being made official. To be honest though i think they should have done Perfect Dark instead, ...that would have been awesome!

LINK
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 01:39

one Perfect Dark instead, ...that would have been awesome!

Yeah because while Perfect Dark on the N64 was fantastic it did suffer from dreadfull slowdown in places especially in multiplayer and since the DS is more powerfull than the N64 these problems would not arise on the DS. So yes a Perfect Dark port would be excellant.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 09:59

I think Halo will more suited for the xboy... or the ibox... or ...

How about the X-gear? its original.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 10:59
I like " That one far-off Microsoft handheld we won' t hear much from for a couple of years"
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 17:35
Microsofts portable machine will have the name I came up with:
Microsoft XP* (Xbox Portable)
*Not to be confused with Windows XP
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo DS - Jan 07, 2007 23:56
Honestly... looking back on it. There' s no links or other citations, so until I get at least one more source, I' m calling it BS.

PD on DS would have Rocked though!!!
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Halo DS - Jan 08, 2007 01:19
Whoddathunk that the DS was a pretty good FPS portable console ?

The guy has a pretty good user rating, but that might mean he' s just funny =/

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message