Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 to make E3 afterall
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 28, 2006 23:58
Good ol' Peter Moore has confirmed that Halo 3 will be shown in some form at E3. Nice!

“Expect to see the first footage from the next instalment of Halo at E3, which might shift some focus away from the competition."

http://xbox360.qj.net/Master-Chief-Frontlines-Upcoming-E3/pg/49/aid/30220
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 01:17
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 01:46
2 min video - and it will hit live probably the very same day.

Still after seeing Halo2 trailer and playing H2 I have mixed feelings about this franchise.

I hope they earn my luv this time.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 06:24
Hopefully that means Halo 3 and not Halo 2 for Windows Vista.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 06:51
definitely Halo 3 - confirmed and official

Halo 2 for vista might be shown as well :)
locopuyo

RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 07:27
I don' t see any confirmation or officialness anywhere.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 09:35
Halo 2 was so overrated it was not funny. First, I do not like being killed by snipers in one shot with full shielding on Legendary. I feel cheated when I am killed by a lone, hidden sniper only a skip and a hop away from a checkpoint. Even worse, what if you get a checkpoint and die immediately, starting an endless, inescapable loop? The horror! Then, once I start getting in the Halo groove one difficulty lower, the game just ends. I cursed like Liu Kang for a half hour! Therefore, I' m not that interested in Halo 3. As much as I would like to see the end of that tale, I' d rather spend my time with a Guitar Hero 2. And remember, 11 IS louder than 10.

What should they do to make Halo 3 better? How about better shielding? Plotwise, MC got a better shield. Gameplay-wise... you lose the health bar. Then I ask myself, is the shielding REALLY any better? NO! If I had a health bar, then on Legendary, with every sniper shot, I would lose one health stripe in addition to the whole shield, instead of dying outright. Mind you, if you only have 1 hp left, one hit will do ya, but that is now reasonable. I would have liked dealing with snipers then. Suddenly, tactics seem tactical again, instead of being cheap. Remember Bungie, this is NOT Counter-Strike, and you do not let enemies AWP the chief in 1 HIT. It is not fun... unless you are a sadist.

Now, the plasma swords are ok. After all, it is the gamer' s fault for letting the guy get that close. They provide me the same thrill as the chainsaw guy in RE4. Don' t get me started on the double chainsaw freak. *shudder*
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 09:38

11 IS louder than 10

But they only go up to 10 unless they go up to 11.
locopuyo

RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 29, 2006 13:31
The endless loop you talk about is not possible. If you fail a checkpoint a certain number of times or die withing a certain time after a checkpoint for a couple times it puts you back farther.

If the game is too hard for you on legendary play on an easier skill level. Some people like hard games and some people like easy games. Halo 2 gives you a choice of 4 difficulties so everyone gets what they want.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Halo 3 to make E3 afterall - Apr 30, 2006 03:54

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

I don' t see any confirmation or officialness anywhere.

I agree. No official word on the source of this quote I can see. I am sure it will be at E3 in some minor form but this quote seems fishy.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll