Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 (screenshots!)
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 64
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 11:19
Love me you fuckers!

The following concerns multi-player only i' m afraid, but i' m sure we' ll see something of the solo campaign nearer PS3' s launch.

Anyway, here are some quick exerpts from the article (translated from Swedish):

On graphics

" A lot is still missing in this build. Weather- and water effects are missing, and most of our HDR isn' t in there yet. We' re still at alpha stage, but when everything is in place, Halo 3 will be the best X360 has to offer." --Brian Jarrard

" We definitely have another strategy than Epic Games when it comes to graphics. We' ll never engulf our game environments in lots of details like that. GoW looks absolutely fantastic, but we want to avoid compromising Halo' s unique visual style. That' s why we' re making a clean, sharp game as opposed to one with insane amount of details." --Brian Jarrard

" There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one." --Brian Jarrard

On multiplayer and bots

" Multiplayer has always been important, but it' s developed in a different way which makes it look bigger for every game. We have a base that we always build the MP part on, whereas the SP mode practically has to be built ground-up every time. Xbox Live also made MP in Halo 2 even more important." --Brian Jarrard

" A lot of people ask us about bots. They think that the AI in Halo was pretty damn good, and would work well in MP as well, but it' s really not that simple. The enemies in Halo are optimized for encountering the player in large numbers. They would be a lot worse at abstract thought AI like ' I have to defend my flag' and so forth. In short, to create bots for Halo would be an immense undertaking, and we rather put that time into making new levels, weapons and netcode." --Jaime Griesemer

New Weapons:

• Spiker: the weapon of choice for brutes (nail grenade)
  • Spartan Laser: An anti-vehicle weapon, fires a red laser that pretty much destroys any vehicle that is hit.

New Vehicle:

• Moongoose: The ATV that was supposed to be in Halo 2. It carries 2 people and it doesn' t have any weapons so it' s mainly a means of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible."

Supposedly the game is currently missing it' s HDR lighting and some textures are placeholders. This is also ony the multi-player mode so i' m reserving my final judgement until i see something from the main campaign.
    < Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 28 Oct 06 3:21:09 >
  • Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 11:40
    It' s starting to look pretty good. Thanks Majik for taking the time to scan and translate!

According to the Bungie weekly update, the next issue of EGM will have some more images that weren' t in this leak.
    < Message edited by Zoy -- 28 Oct 06 3:41:02 >
    steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 11:45
    Only the first pic shows up for some reason. I still think it' s lovely so far though, I can give a rat' s ass about it looking like gears of war, as long as it' s epic & smooth, I' m sold. I have total faith in Bungie, people keep bitching that halo was over rated, but that game' s atmosphere was perfect & it was the first FPS that I liked. I love the art direction, & the covenant has personality, people seem to overlook that, but it was a huge part of the draw.
    Nitro

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 11:51

It' s starting to look pretty good. Thanks Majik for taking the time to scan and translate!

Not my handywork. I was merely sent the files and posted them here.
    Nitro

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 11:59
    Ony the first image?

Can everybody else see them ok?
    Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 12:03
    Yup, I got them all. Nice one!
    James_N

• Total Posts : 55
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 12:24
    LOL...I saw this like 12 hours ago..
    Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 14:37
    I guess I' m one of the few that' s really unimpressed. It looks like Halo 2...
    Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 15:22
    " Halo 3 will have three retail SKUs: standard, collector' s edition, and Legendary. Guess which one comes with a helmet and four discs of content"

Holy shit this game is going to be crazy! This game is going to get more hype then the 360 itself. We' re not seeing it now but wait until they show an ingame clip.
    < Message edited by Agent ghost -- 28 Oct 06 7:23:43 >
    UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 15:28

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I guess I' m one of the few that' s really unimpressed. It looks like Halo 2...

I' m not overly impressed either but I' m reserving judgement until later. After all, they' re scanned images from an alpha build of a game. Add those two things together and anything will look like crap.
    Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 15:34
    The gameplay is good but Halo is all about the story and how its told. In all honesty I' m more excited about the 4th book then I am about Halo 3. If Halo stayes true to itself and plays on its strenghts, it won' t even need the best graphics to be the best FPS even though I expect it will have among the best graphics when its released.
    Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 16:01
    I like the visual style, but i hate scans, grrrrrr!
    Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 16:41
    Unimpressed.

Halo was mediocre, Halo 2 did nothing for me, I expect no more from this.

And halo was indeed over-rated, the proof is in the PC version, the servers on that are dead, if the game was so great people would still be playing it now like all the countless old FPS that are still played online everyday by thousands.
    < Message edited by Evil Man -- 28 Oct 06 9:22:17 >
    Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 19:29
    I played Halo 1 on Xbox and PC...I loved the Xbox version but never liked the PC version even though graphicly they are similar.
    mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 20:21

Love me you fuckers!

yeah yeah yeah I love you lol Thank you
    Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 20:30

I have total faith in Bungie, people keep bitching that halo was over rated, but that game' s atmosphere was perfect & it was the first FPS that I liked. I love the art direction, & the covenant has personality, people seem to overlook that, but it was a huge part of the draw.

...Exactly.. ...for me the best things about halo is the story, design and AI... ...no other current console shooter comes close in my opinion, although Halo 3 is gonna have some pretty tough competition this gen across the console platforms....

....also i think it' s unfair to compare it directly with GOW, as i don' t really consider it to be a true fps like Halo is....

....and the locust will NEVER have half the charisma of Elites or Grunts...

If Halo stayes true to itself and plays on its strenghts, it won' t even need the best graphics to be the best FPS even though I expect it will have among the best graphics when its released.

...Hit the nail on the head perfectly... ...regardless of glitchy graphics or GOW, i' m pretty sure Halo 3 will pwan provided they get the singleplayer story right ...ultimately, that' s the only real reason why Halo 2 disappointed so many fans, because instead of delivering a proper sequel, Bungie decide to split it over two releases (probably because they already knew about x360' s imminent release)

...this is definitely great news for x360 owners... ...it' s about time M$ rolled out The Halo again..

LOL...I saw this like 12 hours ago..

...LOL.. ...thanks for posting it here 12 hours ago....

...about the new features....

edit

Spiker: the weapon of choice for brutes (nail grenade)

...surely you mean the spiker is a nail gun?

...anyway, the Spiker is also dual-wield but.. ...could someone explain what the Spartan Laser does over Halo 2' s Rocket Launcher?...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 28 Oct 06 15:08:39 >
    UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 22:49

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...anyway, the Spiker is also dual-wield but.. ...could someone explain what the Spartan Laser does over Halo 2' s Rocket Launcher?...

Instantaneous hit perhaps. Lasers do travel at the speed of light. Rocket launcher is a fire and forget weapon that doesn' t always hit. I' m guessing the laser will hit hard and instantly, but have no splash damage and take a while to recharge.
    Nitro

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 28, 2006 22:57

...surely you mean the spiker is a nail gun?

Dunno. I was in a rush.

According to the cats at Kotaku...

Spiker: Some sort of melee weapon.

Spartan Laser: An anti-vehicle weapon.

Nail Grenade: A grenade that sticks to the wall and shoots nails out when it explodes.
    Apparently the Spiker and your secondary weapon will now actually be visible strapped to your back.

KOTAKU

They have shitty photographs of the article, we have shitty scans. Shitty scans > shitty photographs!
    ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
    RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 01:10
    Wow, I better go down to my local paper stand and buy a copy so I can make better scans...
    < Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Oct 06 17:10:49 >
    Nitro

RE: Halo 3 (screenshots!) - Oct 29, 2006 01:45

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Wow, I better go down to my local paper stand and buy a copy so I can make better scans...

PLEASE!!!
    Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
    • New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread