Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 is " Basically Done"
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Mikey G

• Total Posts : 70
Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 14:52
On the Bungie.net front page Frankie posted yesterday this about Halo 2: " We are basically done making Halo 2. Seriously. Barring any unexpected shenanigans, Halo 2 is done and dusted, simultaneously, for every region it will be released in worldwide."

He also makes mention that next weeks update will be a significant one
Mikey G

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 18:01
So...I guess this is like saying Halo 2 has gone gold...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 21:38
Basically that means they have an RC copy (release candidate) and they are running it through the beta testers right now who are ONLY looking for " showstoppers" . That would be crashes or anything that does not let the game progress normally. Any other bugs that may or may not still be in the game will be ignored. This type of testing should take them about a week at most.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 22:04
I hope to hell they test the holy shite out of this game. I hate playing a game where theres sucha an obvious glitch or bug of somesort. A glitch so bad that even a blind man couldve found the damn thing.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 22:15
All I care about is that it hits the stores on schedule...with the bugs worked out, that is.

Everyone has been waiting far too long for Halo 2 to have it delayed again...
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 22:37
Hey! I just found a picture that shows the XBOX/Halo 2 Xmas bundle...and it looks absolutely legit!!!

[image]http://www.gamedreamz.com/modules/image.cgi?m=stories&id=1872[/image]
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/3/2004 10:40:36 PM >
Mikey G

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 22:42
Wow, that is pretty cool. A good thing about Xbox live being compatable with H2 is that if there are any major bugs found they can simply fix it by releasing an update that people can download on XBL.
Mikey G

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 22:45

Hey! I just found a picture that shows the XBOX/Halo 2 Xmas bundle...and it looks absolutely legit!!!

I noticed that it said 16+ on the box. This means that is non-American. America never gets special bundles except the halo green one (which I have). I think the green one looks cooler than the halo 2 one anyway so I' m not too dissapointed. Good find though DaRoosh, if it is true.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 22:58
Thats a pretty cool package. And just in time as I been wanting a new Xbox. Hope thats gets released in the US.
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 03, 2004 23:05
I was looking in the XBOX365 forums and found this ' All About Halo 2' list of websites.

And here they are...

Thanks to: Grendel [XF]

Sweet Ty, well this should immediately secure the knowledge that I really have no social life when I have a day off. That' s why I' ve taken up drinking.

Bungie' s webpageBungie' s webpage - obviously the first place to go.

Halo 2 Source - one of the best collected sights around. Go here if you are new to Halo 2 and want to catch up really fast. Quick and easy registration required.

Halo.frenchie - French site that keeps a tally on some amazing news. Use that Google translate thing if you don' t know french.

Gamespy' s Halo Planet - A good source for all things Halo 2. You can pretty much jump to everywhere from here.

Gamespot' s Halo 2 page - uh, yeah... its Gamespot' s Halo 2 page.

UnderGroundOnline' s Halo 2 page - Sure it may be a bit out of date, but its also interesting if some of the stuff that they claim is going to come to fruition.

Red Vs. Blue' s Halo 2 preview - One of the better previews on the net by the biggest Halo fans online. And while you' re there, check out the episodes of Red vs. Blue on the main site. You won' t be sorry.

HBO' s E3 2003 Demo mirror - Should probably include this one, because if you haven' t seen Halo 2 in action other than the multiplayer, then you have missed one of the best demoes ever conceived for E3. And may I say that if you haven' t seen this already... you might want to crawl back under your rock.

Halo.Bungie.Org - A perennial favourite among those here, this is one of the best sites on the net for everything Halo. Not just Halo 2. If you want to catch up on the story, and even the characters, then this is the place to go.

1up.com' s Halo 2 site - Ziff Davis Media' s great and almighty 1up.com. This site sucks off the teat of ZDM' s great mags like EGM, XBN and GMR. Lots of links to the different articles that those mags have had over the *WTF* years of development.

BBC' s online preview - Yeah, that BBC. Make sure to eat fish and chips while reading this preview, and don' t worry about the goofy accent.

BBC' s October 1st Halo 2 Article - This is the most recent article from BBC about Halo 2. Fog not included.

XBM Multiplayer preview - Like it says.

Halo 2 toys - I only include this because its just that much fun to look at this company that might give that pompous moron McFarlane a run for his money.

Game Informer Archive - plenty of links from one of the best games sites online.

Happy reading!!!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/3/2004 11:06:21 PM >
Mikey G

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 01:19
Sweet, thanks for the sites Rooshie!
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 02:04
Is there any news on the single player game yet, i' ve tried looking but i can' t find anything.

Oh and thanks for those site' s really helpful
< Message edited by reznor -- 10/4/2004 2:05:34 AM >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 02:09
Bungie isn' t releasing anything on the single player. They want everyone to experience the game without knowing anything about it before had other than you fight on Earth and the Covanent home world. Besides that they are keeping their lips sealed.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 14:40
The single player part of the game is looking very good. Just from the opening bit and first level I' ve seen in a video, I' m salivating in anticipation. There' s just over a month to wait so I better start saving.
Mikey G

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 20:49
wow, I cannot believe that it is about a month until release, with GTA San Andre. being even closer that of (Octorber 26th?). Wow, just wow.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 21:08
There' s been few great games coming out all year so far (Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow being two noticeable exceptions) then we get to the back end and there' s a load of AAA titles all showing up within weeks of each other.

Fable, GTA San Andreas, Halo 2, THUG 2, WWE Smackdown vs Raw are all coming out stupidly close together. There' s more still I' ve not mentioned coming out with that lot too.
Mikey G

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 21:45
Ya, so many good games!!! Please space em' out developers! I don' t care about your sales! I care about me, ha-ha
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 21:48
Yeah...

I have to pick and choose, rather than get them all...

For all of those people who HAVE money, send some to me...I am poor an unfortunate...

LOL!!!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 04, 2004 21:49
Maybe you can WIN one from Kikizo.
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 is " Basically Done" - Oct 05, 2004 18:34
It would be sooooo nice, if I did!!!

But I just don' t seem to have that kinda luck...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message