Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 11, 2004 17:13
Yeah. I love the weapons now. They are brilliant! It seem to similar to the first Halo with the addition of new weapons and enemies and some new vechiles..Anyone else think the same?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 11, 2004 18:37
It took a lil testing to get used to it all but overall I think it was for the best. I still have to renew my Live subscription so I can enjoy the game more then I already do.

Quick question. Is there an unlockable MP map after you beat the game on heroic or somin?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 11, 2004 20:51
I decided if I can' t afford to buy the game I' ll rent it. Haha. I' m about three hours in and there' s been a very unusual twist. You' ll all know what I' m talking about but for the benefit of anybody who doesn' t own the game I' ll not say.

Really, I love it so far. The graphics are better than I thought they would be. a vast improvement over the original Halo. The controls are nice the duel wielding taking a little while to get used to. I like my human weapons and they seem a little hard tog et hold of. A little something nobody’s mentioned… you can swap weapons with your team mates! Want a rocket launcher and an ally has one? Give him your pistol, take the launcher and fire away!

The story really has me hooked. I know there are the big Master Chief fans who just want to see more of him but I’m not that bothered. It’s nice to see a bit more about the enemy and other things that are going on in the Halo universe.

I have the game till Saturday night and really want to get the story finished. I still plan on buying it when I have some cash when I can take advantage of the X-Box live features!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 12, 2004 06:01
It' s probably best if you do system links often or have Xbox Live. In all honestly, the MP is the best part about this game hands down. It' s so freaking addictive it' s hard to explain.

And to answer your question Mass X...yes, the game does allow you to unlock MP maps after you beat the games. I' ve heard tell there are 4 of them to be unlocked. However, I don' t know if you' ve played on Legendary yet but...let' s just say they' ve upped the ante so to speak.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 12, 2004 09:34
Lots of bugs in this game. Bungle (it' s more appropriate than " Bungie" ) started a thread on their site asking what TVs people have and what modes are used for one of their cropping issues that they failed to catch during beta-testing but the public caught in the first half hour. Here is what I posted on Bungle' s website:

Sony KD-34XBR960

480p = on

Doesn' t matter if widescreen is enabled or not, the problem exists only when 480p is on. When 480i is selected, the problem does not exist.

How long were you guys working on this game? Nearly 3 years now? Wow. And it still has tons of bugs. Good goin' , guys. Great job. I love seeing textures constantly redraw themelves on many objects as well. Since this is only your 2nd Xbox game, I' ll forgive you since you obviously don' t have much experience with the machine or really know how it works. And obviously you want the public to pay for your game and then beta test it for you. Hell, it beats paying people to test the game before it' s released, eh?

What about the people who don' t have Xbox Live? How will they get this update? I demand a new disc! I will gladly send my current, bug-riddled disc back in exchange for a completed version of the game.

With the time spent on creating this game which really isn' t more ambitious than many games out there today as far as features and the like, there really is no excuse for this.

They now recognize the problem as being a 480p problem and are working on a fix. I have no respect for Bungle. No decent developer releases a game just to patch it later. It is a sign of true incompetance on the company as a whole, not just one person or department.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 12, 2004 17:18
There is one thing I wish to mention -- when I play cooperative the screens are split vertical; however, two of my brothers got versions that show the screens split horizontally, just like the first Halo. Anyone else notice this? I prefer the screens split horizontally. I can' t change it either.
Mass X

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 12, 2004 18:57
I havent noticed any bugs as of yet. Only thing that was a lil let down was in the first levels, the cut scenes used the in game rendering and there was pop up time to time. But advancing further It got fewer and fewer. But I havnt hit nethign that has ruined gameplay,story,control, etc as of yet.

I keep finding cool lil tricks tho. My banshee was nearly destroyed completely so I decided while in flight to hover above an enemy, exit mine, land on his, remove him and continue on with a nice new ship. I love that you can do that with every vehicle including the banshee.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/12/2004 6:57:53 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 13, 2004 00:10
Sharon, you must be playing on a widescreen TV. Many people have complained to Bugle about the vertical split. They say it is " by design" . People responded with " Well duh, we realize that, give us an option for vertical OR horizontal split!" As of right now the only thing you can do to get the horizontal split is turn on your Xbox without a game in it, set the screen ratio back to NORMAL (from widescreen) and then start the game back up in 4:3. You won' t be in widescreen and the image will be smaller, but you can get the horizontal split that should have been in there in the first place.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/13/2004 12:11:01 AM >
yoshimitsu15

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 13, 2004 01:55
Yeah, my friend' s screen was like that. Mine is horizontal though, so I have no worries...
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 13, 2004 03:40
I actaully prefer the vertical split on a wide screen TV.

ITs like 2 TV' s put next to each other.
Vincent Cook

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 13, 2004 16:25
Hmm..give me a system link or live anyday!
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 06:08
I thought there is rock music with singing playing in the game, i ' ve just finished it and havn' t heard any.
Mass X

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 07:14
The music has a more of a hardcore theme and it fits perfectly I think. Its actually pretty damn cool gets you into the game more.
Vincent Cook

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 08:53
The music does rock!
whatabout_paul

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 13:47
Bugger. I had to return the game before I managed to finish it. I don' t even know how far I gotenither but I' d been playing it for a fair few hours. I' m going to rent it again because i' m dying to see the story out.
Vincent Cook

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 13:56
Lol. It' s worth it trust me. If you don' t finish it the next time you hire I would buy it if I were you!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 14:49

Sharon, you must be playing on a widescreen TV. Many people have complained to Bugle about the vertical split. They say it is " by design" . People responded with " Well duh, we realize that, give us an option for vertical OR horizontal split!" As of right now the only thing you can do to get the horizontal split is turn on your Xbox without a game in it, set the screen ratio back to NORMAL (from widescreen) and then start the game back up in 4:3. You won' t be in widescreen and the image will be smaller, but you can get the horizontal split that should have been in there in the first place.

Yes I am playing on a widescreen TV. I' ll try your suggestion. Thanks a bunch, Joe.
whatabout_paul

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 14, 2004 23:03
Vincent, if I had the money I would already have bought it! As it stands the plan is to wait until I' ve gotten a decent paying job, get X-Box Live then get Halo 2 so I can enjoy it in all it' s online glory.

How is everybody doing online by the way?
yoshimitsu15

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 15, 2004 01:21
I' m doing better than I would have thought. If you want I can post some games up here because Bungie keeps track of every game you play and places them on bungie.net. It' s very handy for bragging rights, lol.
Vincent Cook

RE: Halo 2: Initial Personal Thoughts and Impressions - Nov 15, 2004 05:30
I havn' t got live yet. I' m getting that for Xmas..
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message