Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 06, 2007 02:40

Outspoken Tory MP Boris Johnson has declared that it' s time to " garotte the Game Boy and paralyse the PlayStation" , blaming falling literacy rates on the rise of videogames

" Millions of seven to 15 year olds are hooked, especially boys, and it is time someone had the guts to stand up, cross the room and just say no to Nintendo.

" It is about time, as a society, that we admitted the catastrophic effect these blasted gizmos are having on the literacy and the prospects of young males."

According to Johnson, less and less children are enjoying reading and more and more students are arriving at university without adequate writing skills. He added, " I refuse to believe that these hypnotic little machines are innocent."

" These possessions are not so much an index of wealth as a cause of ignorance and underachievement and, yes, poverty,"

" The nippers are bleeping and zapping in speechless rapture, their passive faces washed in explosions and gore. They sit for so long that their souls seem to have been sucked down the cathode ray tube.

" They become like blinking lizards, motionless, absorbed, only the twitching of their hands showing they are still conscious. These machines teach them nothing. They stimulate no ratiocination, discovery or feat of memory."

(Johnston) last year angered the embassy of Papua New Guinea by referring to " orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing" .

GamesIndustry

Because who couldn' t take this guy seriously!

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 8 Jan 07 1:12:38 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! - Jan 06, 2007 03:54
Boris is the only Tory worthy of the title. All the rest are trying to pretend to be " middle" ground and " New Conservative" , especially Cameron himself. Boris says it the way he sees it!

And here he is with one move you can' t pull off in PES6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLVIwUxMZg
< Message edited by iad umboros -- 5 Jan 07 19:57:05 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 08, 2007 09:13
He' s a brittish Jack Thompson, end of story.[:' (]
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 08, 2007 12:49
I really dont know what to say........................

People like this make my brain hurt.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 08, 2007 12:58
These jerkoffs make me so angry.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 8 Jan 07 5:10:05 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 08, 2007 13:15
The wellness adviser from my college was giving a lecture on fitness and welness. He went into a rant about how he doesn' t like Playstations because they make people so inactive and whatever. (I almost spoke up and told him I don' t like Playstations either ) So he was complaining about how his kids play it too much then said but they have some like that dance one. (A gay guy spoke up and told him it was Dance Dance Revolution.) But his daughter doesn' t play that one too much (I think she is fat lol). Then he said " Did you know now they have that Playstation 3?" And then he went on to say that he bought a PS3 game and it didn' t work in their PS2. And he called the store and told them it wouldn' t work and he was mad because they opened it and couldn' t return it.
lawlawlwalwalawlwalawlwalwalwlawlwalawl My friend and I bursted out laughing so hard as soon as we got out of the classroom.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 09, 2007 17:22
What about the time when FFVII came out and people returned it because they didn' t want to read

Everyone knows that the British should just blame themselves when the countries they colonised speak their official language better than their own citizens (I live in Singapore, my friend went to Britain on a scholarship, she had the best English and grade of her whole class and level)

I would say handphones with the SMS technology is definitely a bigger culprit, but of course he wouldn' t target it because he and his boss own one
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 09, 2007 17:31

What about the time when FFVII came out and people returned it because they didn' t want to read

Well it was a silly move on Squares part, also Nintendo kinda fucked up in Zelda, voice acting would have been so much better!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Garotte the Gameboy! Paralyse the Playstation! (The New Jack Thompson!) - Jan 10, 2007 00:12
This coming from a guy who is beyond moral reproach eh, He caused a scandal some years back about having a four year affair with a woman called " Petronella" I mean how can you take " Boris the Buffoon" Seriously.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 9 Jan 07 16:13:17 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message