Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamestop reveals poor games attach rate for ps3
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Gamestop reveals poor games attach rate for ps3 - Nov 22, 2006 05:58
According to an article on IGN, Gamespot reveals

Sony' s latest console saw a low attach rate of 1.5 games per console sold, with Madden NFL 07 and Resistance: Fall of Man the best-selling titles. Wii saw a " surprisingly good" attach rate of 3.0 games per system sold. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Red Steel were the top sellers at GameStop and EB Games.

link

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/747/747099p1.aspx

Well thats a better attach rate then Japans ps3 launch but considering that sony really need to sell games to get some cash flow going this isn' t great news for them.

They do predict a growth in attach rate once the ps3 gets into the hands of real gamers but with the crappy selection on games (gundam, genji and untold have had very poor review scores) i don' t see this improving in the forseeable future
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gamestop reveals poor games attach rate for ps3 - Nov 22, 2006 07:09
But Terrak,keep in mind that buying a ps3 is alot expensiver,not easy or cheap to get 3 games for your ps3 the first time you buy it.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 21 Nov 06 23:10:01 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Gamestop reveals poor games attach rate for ps3 - Nov 22, 2006 07:19
Well thats a reason why consoles shouldn' t cost so much then!! (Take note sony)

In any case this news sucks for sony, i' m pretty sure they need ever ps3 gamer to get like 18.5 more games to break even LOL
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gamestop reveals poor games attach rate for ps3 - Nov 22, 2006 11:01
Suprise suprise, shock shock, amazement amazement. I' m betting a good majority of the folks that bought games on launch also broomed ' em on Ebay as well.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll